Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark "befriending" Zod: Does it change future?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark is probably trying to befriend Zod as a way to infiltrate their group and learn first hand about their plans and stop them before they activate the tower. He will sabotage things. My guess is that the season will end with only Zod gaining his powers and fighting Clark.

Comment

The Future is set....

Everything is being set into motion. They saw a glimpse of it but maybe they were suppose to see it. Haven't we learned from Terminator 3, you can only prolong the future. Changing it in "smallville" case would mean Clark should've killed Zod while Zod is powerless. Befriending him is part of the road that leads to the Pandora episode. Even on supernatural episode 4, "The End" when Dean goes 5 years into the future, it's already set. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Clark doesn't know that Zod heard him when he was talking to Jor-el's grave. Zod knows that Clark is doublecrossing him.

Comment

Yup. I agree.

Comment

I can see Clarks reasoning behind this. But of course it will all fall apart its supposed to lol.

Comment

I wanted to bang my head against the wall when he said it.

He's going to make friends with him? Really? Really??

OMG. *sigh* Clark.

Comment

Has Clark learned anything with Davis Bloome?

Comment

Originally posted by Markd329
                  Blame Geoff Johns for that idea! But IT WORKS!
                  Actually, I haven't read "World of New Krypton" as I don't like collecting comic issues but I know the basics of what's going on.

I wait for the Trade Paperback/Graphic Novel.

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
                  Has Clark learned anything with Davis Bloome?
                  Better yet, has Clark learned anything from LEX?
                  Last edited by superdoomsday; 11-20-2009, 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neill
                    Sorry, but its clear that Clark hasnt learned anything yet.

Taking out Zod now like Oliver and Chloe suggested would be the best plan of action. Unfortunately, Clark wants to save everyone, and we all know how well that worked with Davis.

I can see this idea of saving Zod going south in a hurry.

So what, Clark is going to save Zod in the end, and they are going to become friends and have lunch together? yeah right......
                    So are we betting Chloe and Oliver will hatch their own plan behind Clark's back? they both seemed keen to take him out?

Comment

point taken

Comment

once again looks like he is going to learn the hard way

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-El49
                          Let's face it: we have 13 episodes left this season. If he simply took Zod out right now, what would he do for the rest of the season?
                          Sit back and watch Lois and Clark or Clark and Lois, whichever you prefer... have coffee dates, go to a monster truck rallies and share a maple donut...

Of course it won't pan out well but Clark's doing what he thinks is right based on Zod's final comments to him about joining with him rather than fighting against him.
                          The bolded. This is what I'm afraid of. I hope that there is a back-up plan cuz I gotta feeling befriending Zod will backfire.
                          All that being said, this was a great cliffhanger mid season episode. We still can't be sure how the future will play out.

Comment

This is Clark's reasoning. On one hand, he could kill Zod now and end the threat immediately. On the other hand, he could befriend Zod, giving Zod enough time to figure out a way to defeat Clark and then later to destroy the planet. It worked so well with David Bloom and Lex Luthor after all.

Comment

Originally posted by markbot
                              This is Clark's reasoning. On one hand, he could kill Zod now and end the threat immediately. On the other hand, he could befriend Zod, giving Zod enough time to figure out a way to defeat Clark and then later to destroy the planet. It worked so well with David Bloom and Lex Luthor after all.

Comment

Originally posted by rip23
                                once again looks like he is going to learn the hard way
                                Let's hope not.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎