Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark "befriending" Zod: Does it change future?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is important to remember there are a lot of things that Clark knows about Zod that Zod doesn't know Clark knows. Clark knows about the towers, he knows what kind of approach does not work with him, and I am assuming that he knows everything that Jor-El told Chloe in Kandor (i.e. Jor-El's history with Zod, how Zod and the Kandorians are clones, and more details about the orb). I truly find it hard to believe that Chloe would not fill Clark in on his father's business in Smallville, especially since Clark would have been very curious about what his father had said to Chloe. Plus, Clark can always ask AI Jor-El for information. In addition, Clark has already fought a version of Zod in Vessel. He knows that feigning deference to Zod (kneeling before him) is a good tactic. There is also no onscreen proof that Zod had anything to do with Jor-El's death. In short, Zod may know some things about Clark, but Clark is equally if not more aware of who he is dealing with in Major Zod.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginevrakent
      I think it is important to remember there are a lot of things that Clark knows about Zod that Zod doesn't know Clark knows. Clark knows about the towers, he knows what kind of approach does not work with him, and I am assuming that he knows everything that Jor-El told Chloe in Kandor (i.e. Jor-El's history with Zod, how Zod and the Kandorians are clones, and more details about the orb). I truly find it hard to believe that Chloe would not fill Clark in on his father's business in Smallville, especially since Clark would have been very curious about what his father had said to Chloe. Plus, Clark can always ask AI Jor-El for information. In addition, Clark has already fought a version of Zod in Vessel. He knows that feigning deference to Zod (kneeling before him) is a good tactic. There is also no onscreen proof that Zod had anything to do with Jor-El's death. In short, Zod may know some things about Clark, but Clark is equally if not more aware of who he is dealing with in Major Zod.
      Good point, Libby. Clark 'knelt' before Zod once and Zod's arrogance and overconfidence was used against him and he was defeated. Now Clark is using this same tactic plus his knowledge about the future to stop Zod.

Comment

I think it is important to remember there are a lot of things that Clark knows about Zod that Zod doesn't know Clark knows. Clark knows about the towers, he knows what kind of approach does not work with him, and I am assuming that he knows everything that Jor-El told Chloe in Kandor (i.e. Jor-El's history with Zod, how Zod and the Kandorians are clones, and more details about the orb). I truly find it hard to believe that Chloe would not fill Clark in on his father's business in Smallville, especially since Clark would have been very curious about what his father had said to Chloe. Plus, Clark can always ask AI Jor-El for information. In addition, Clark has already fought a version of Zod in Vessel. He knows that feigning deference to Zod (kneeling before him) is a good tactic. There is also no onscreen proof that Zod had anything to do with Jor-El's death. In short, Zod may know some things about Clark, but Clark is equally if not more aware of who he is dealing with in Major Zod.
        Great post.

Comment

I don't know if you can assume Chloe told Clark anything. She has a history of holding information from Clark. The disc Jor-El left at the Kent house doesn't seem to be in Clark's hands, and it may hold the information on how to get rid of all the Kandorians....even the ones still roaming around the earth that haven't made contact with Zod yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpfort1957
            I don't know if you can assume Chloe told Clark anything. She has a history of holding information from Clark. The disc Jor-El left at the Kent house doesn't seem to be in Clark's hands, and it may hold the information on how to get rid of all the Kandorians....even the ones still roaming around the earth that haven't made contact with Zod yet.
            Whether one believes Chloe told Clark about the green object or about what Jor-El told her seems immaterial with regards to the point that Zod somehow holds the advantage in terms of knowledge about his adversary (i.e. Clark).

Why? Because Chloe's knowledge represents potential knowledge which Clark could ultimately discover in a future conversation with her. Likewise with AI Jor-El. We haven't seen Clark discuss the situation at the Fortress, but the point is that he could while Zod does not have a similar source of information.

Comment

Zod does not have a similar source of information.
              The "Voice" from the orb hasn't come into play yet. It seems to be all knowing, even with recent events like Doomsday........and it seems to be there to make sure the Kandorians survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpfort1957
                The "Voice" from the orb hasn't come into play yet. It seems to be all knowing, even with recent events like Doomsday........and it seems to be there to make sure the Kandorians survive.
                So what we are left with is unknown variables on both sides, which does not indicate to me that Zod has any kind of advantage over Clark at the moment in this particular area. Yet, I do think Clark's knowledge of Zod from Lois' memories puts him at a greater advantage. Also, while not a source of information, Clark has superpowered friends who do not rely on solar power to sustain their abilities. Zod's army is not similarly blessed.

Comment

• My two cents

Ok, let me toss out some of my thoughts about this episode.

To quote The Doctor, "Time is like a big ball of timey-wimey stuff." Forget about linear cause and effect. With Lois' popping back and forth in time, things age probably going to change, but how is open to debate.

Like someone said, Clark already knows how things turn out if he treats Zod as "the enemy". To put it in a word, poorly. Clark's decision to try befriending Zod instead is logical, not naive. He's not choosing to apprach Zod because he thinks Zod can be redeemed. He's doing it because he has seen the results ot the other path and hopes that this one will end better. Will it turn out any differently? Can't say. See the above quote.

Tess is a serious loose cannon in this situation. She has seen her death, and like most rational people, will attempt to avoid it. Personally, I can see her trying to kill either Clark or Zod. If she goes for Clark, I can see Zod taking the "bullet" meant for Clark. Either way, I'm thinking that Zod's going to end up dead at Tess' hand. Deprived of their leader, the remaining Kandorians will blend into the woodwork.

Zod's reaction to Clark is hard to gauge. As of this moment, I would assume he's piecing the picture together. He'll quickly figure out that there's been a significant time shift, since Kal-El is Jor-El's grown-up son. Then will come the realization that Jor-El did, in fact, betray him by stripping him of his powers under the yellow sun. I don't see him taking that too well.

Zod's a soldier, trained to win the battle. He's going to try to get his power's back, while Clark will be trying to persuade him to blend in and enjoy his new life on Earth. That will begin to splinter the Kandorians and that will not sit well with Zod. Undermining someone's command is a fairly big no-no in the military. Another sign that this will not turn out well.

Tess, Chloe and Oliver all will be looking at Zod as Interplanetary Enemy #1. They will be striving to eliminate or neutralize Zod no matter what Clark says or does. Maybe not working together, but the end result will be the same. Zod will be aware of their actions and respond in the manner of any military leader when faced with enemy action. He'll strike back. Not unexpected, but it's another bad sign.

The bottom line is that Zod knows he should be far more powerful than these "pathetic Earthlings" (quotes mine) and will be trying to obtain a superior position. He'll see that as his birthright as a Kryptonian and will use his military skills to achieve that end. That will put him into a direct conflict with just about everyone except Clark, and that will ultimately result in his defeat and death. even wthout his powers, Zod still has two things going for him, advanced Kryptonian knowledge and extremely effective military leadership. In the end though, I don't think it will be enough for him to win the day.

It will make for a great second half of the season though.

Comment

• Originally posted by VicNew
                    Everything is being set into motion. They saw a glimpse of it but maybe they were suppose to see it. Haven't we learned from Terminator 3, you can only prolong the future. Changing it in "smallville" case would mean Clark should've killed Zod while Zod is powerless. Befriending him is part of the road that leads to the Pandora episode. Even on supernatural episode 4, "The End" when Dean goes 5 years into the future, it's already set. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
                    Yea befriending Zod is not going to work because they have different motives and agendas. Zod wants to have the same powers as Clark and create a new Krypton on Earth. Clark wants to save humanity and prevent the events of the future. No way a friendship can work.

Im tired of Clark being so gullible and not learning lifes lessons. He should have learned form both his experience with Lex and the Davis episode that not everyone can be saved, not even from themselves.

Comment

• yep it will change the future

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎