Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Pandora"

Talk about the episode's special effects here.

Man i think so for from promos/clips the red sun looks wicked.

Comment

Amazing SFX - just simply amazing. Bernie Madoff must be arranging the financing for the SFX this year and this episode was out of this world - almost like a movie.

Comment

Talk about "painting the town red........".

Comment

They were really good. Stepped up a lot this season

Comment

The effects were fabulous! We also have to remember something they did in Season One is a heck of a lot cheaper now so the older a show gets the better effects can become because they become cheaper!

Comment

Everything was great tonight, except for the obvious green screen at the Clark/Zod confrontation.

Comment

Have they raise the budget is all i have to say!!!!!!

Comment

Hmm. I wasn't extremely impressed. They certainly did well with lighting and making the city looked destroyed, but there weren't too many shots that blew me away. And that shot of all the Kandorians coming for Oliver... just a bunch of black blobs in the sky.

The towers certainly looked cool. I think the best shot, though, was Zod kicking Clark through the building. Looked awesome, but it was sadly way too short.

So yeah, not blown away, but a good story made up for it.

Comment

loved it. it's what doomsday shoulda done to metropolis. black blobs coming were cool as fook. XD
                    one of those things that the look on ga's face told it all, so it's cool. its more cool that was and leave it up to the imagination. his look told it all
                    but yeah, the green screen was kinda lame. and it's stuff like that that keeps bothering me. like the stories kinda blah sometimes and then you see stuff like that and your like " "ah man really?"

Comment

i thought the sfx was good tonight like it has been all season. It does seem they finally know how to use their budget alot wisely compared to last few seasons. Though from all things i read their budget is roughly the same as last yr. But it has to be with producers/writers and a cast member gone more money was cycled back into production costs.

Comment

i hate to say it, especially because s9 has had some killer fx. but tonights fx didn't hold up for me. the scene near the end with clark and zod, i'm sorry but that was poor.

Comment

I thought they were great!

Comment

Originally posted by lovinredkclark
                            i hate to say it, especially because s9 has had some killer fx. but tonights fx didn't hold up for me. the scene near the end with clark and zod, i'm sorry but that was poor.
                            I kind of agree. They didn't hold up well in HD.

Comment

~I really liked the shot of Oliver alone in the street, facing the
                              sky full of flying Kandorians!
                              ~Lois in the street looking at the Red Sun, and the Solar Towers
                              draped with the Kandorian Flag were also cool.
                              ~The Kent Barn as the future Prison, I liked.
                              ~The whole Red tint of the Future scenes, I also liked.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎