Collapse
No announcement yet.

Television Ratings for "A Bright New Day"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 'V' be canceled because of the ratings drop?

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Kara_2007
      Will 'V' be canceled because of the ratings drop?
      Not if it stays above 8-9 million.

Comment

Looks like a lot of predictions were pretty dead on.

I really hope in the Spring, V is paired with LOST somehow, though I don't know for sure how that will happen. The two would really help each other, and I have a feeling with the new showrunner the series might have more consistency. I personally have loved the 3 eps so far, but there have been complaints about the pacing changing from week to week - pre-planning could take care of that.

If it means anything... VisitorSite.net hits seem up from a week ago, so more people are curious about the show, which could translate to new converts and higher ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
          The Live Feed says it got 9.3 million. Better than I thought, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

I expect it to go up next week after this week's episode of awesome.

It's dropped half its numbers since the premiere, but I expect that once it gain momentum, viewers will tune back in. Word of mouth goes a long way.
          LOL, it was the episode of awesome, wasn't it?!

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
            Looks like a lot of predictions were pretty dead on.

I really hope in the Spring, V is paired with LOST somehow, though I don't know for sure how that will happen. The two would really help each other, and I have a feeling with the new showrunner the series might have more consistency. I personally have loved the 3 eps so far, but there have been complaints about the pacing changing from week to week - pre-planning could take care of that.
            If V was paired with Lost, I would be watching V live most of the time instead of catching it on Hulu like I have been. I can never wait until the next day to watch Lost.

Comment

Originally posted by EMLostfan
              9.3 is good wonder what their 18-49 demo is? I wonder why zapit says "V slipped again" when the ratings did not have that much a drop. I think next week will be as good or better, especially since this episode rocked. I'm really happy with the numbers this week, and definately think if they keep up with the pace of this last episode V will stabilize around 8-9 million. Looks like we are going to get the following 9 episodes. YAY
              You could be right. The drop from Episode #1 to #2 was 3.4 million
              The drop from Episode #2 to #3 was 1.3 million (Under half the last drop)
              If the next episode is nearly as good as this one and under half the drop
              between #2 and #3 a .6 drop. That would make #4 about 8.6 million.
              I could be wrong altogether and the ratings increase after Episode #3.
              There's always hope.

Comment

Besides, V will get viewed more in the long run. Sci-Fi fans are willing to
                watch their shows more than once. NCIS is mostly a "one time viewing"-
                type of show. I'd be willing to bet that DVD Season Box Sets for V will
                do better than NCIS as well.

Here's an example:
                I've already seen the "Series Premier" 6 times and
                "There is No Normal Anymore" 4 times. I'll probably
                end up watching "A Bright New Day" 4 times in the
                next two weeks.
                Last edited by Glove; 11-19-2009, 06:59 AM. Reason: Added Note

Comment

I'm glad there was a healthy uptick in the ratings at the half hour mark.
                  but ABC
                  SIMPLY MUST find a better slot when it returns in the spring!

This was probably my favorite episode in the PIF Fantasy Network programming game. Hopefully it will help me again "win" the time slot.

If you have a chance to vote please visit this link:

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/93910104/m/769109652

TITANIC (Episode 8)

Original History: Millionaire John Jacob Astor funds explorer Milton Wilford Grove’s 1922 expedition to the Amazon where Grove’s discovers the Mana Plant in a remote jungle valley. Five decades later scientist discover the unique medicinal properties in the plant hold the cure for cancer.
                  Divergent Point: Maxine discovers the cure for cancer is never found because Grove never discovered the hidden valley because Grove himself died in the Amazon before finding the valley. The sole survivor of the expedition blamed the poor equipping of the expedition that led to the tragedy. The expedition was NOT funded by the wealthy Astor because Astor died ten years earlier when the ocean liner he was traveling on never reached port having struck an iceberg on her maiden voyage. Maxine identified the ship as the RMS Titanic but none on the Keyhole team had ever heard of it as in the original reality it was just another ocean liner that served for years until going to the scrap yard.

Team: Saxon, Ross, Blanchard and Freemont.

Mission: Two Divergent Points can now be erased if the team can succefully Keyhole back to 1912 to prevent the sinking.
                  Saxon, Ross and Blanchard arrive on the Titanic with a three pronged plan. Blanchard posing as a high society type will try and convince J. Bruce Ismay the chairman of the White Star Line to abandon his quest to set a speed record in reaching New York putting the ship at risk. If she is unsuccessful Saxon and Ross plan to sabotage the engines to force the liner to stop. Freemont is sent to the nearby Californian which could have saved scores of lives but it had shut off its radio for the night and did not hear the distress calls. The mission goes awry when Blanchard cannot convince Ismay and Saxon and Ross become trapped in a cargo bay that is rapidly filling with water after the ship hits the iceberg. Now it’s all up to Freemont to get the Californian to race to the rescue and save Astor and the passengers and crew of Titanic.

Note: This is the Freemont-Centric episode and there is a great scene where Freemont surrenders himself as a stowaway on the Californian. He is being held in the radio room and keeps the radio man awake to hear the Titanic distress call, by inventing Texas Hold Em. Freemont soundly beats the radio operator but gives him 99% of his money back if the radioman will open a bank account with the 1% in Freemont’s name when the Californian dock as Freemont hopes over a 100 years on interest will net him a nice profit.

Note 2: This will be the big “November Sweeps” episode and the obligatory Titanic episode that every time travel show is practically required to do.

Comment

Is the 13 show order from ABC firm, or is there a "cut-back" provision? Are the back 9 episodes in production?

Brent

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎