No announcement yet.

Television Ratings for "A Bright New Day"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Ratings for "A Bright New Day"

Talk about your predictions for the ratings, and then discuss them as they actually come in, here.

9.2M if Nielson is all better by tomorrow.

Comment

9.6 for me...

Comment

9.4M

Comment

Comment

Between 9 and 10. I expect a drop of some kind because last week's episode just missed a number of marks. I fear that some might have been turned off by it. Hopefully they gave it one more chance and saw tonight's episode.

Comment

I'll say 8.5 only because last week's episode may have scared off some
              viewers.

Comment

8 million.

Comment

I would love to see it stay around 9 million, but we'll see. I thought last weeks episode was stronger than the pilot, but others didn't agree, so I dunno.

Comment

The Live Feed says it got 9.3 million. Better than I thought, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

I expect it to go up next week after this week's episode of awesome.

It's dropped half its numbers since the premiere, but I expect that once it gain momentum, viewers will tune back in. Word of mouth goes a long way.

Comment

9.3 isn't that bad. If this thing can level off around 9-10 million, it may have
                      a decent life after all. I'd love to see three or four seasons.

Comment

9.3 is good wonder what their 18-49 demo is? I wonder why zapit says "V slipped again" when the ratings did not have that much a drop. I think next week will be as good or better, especially since this episode rocked. I'm really happy with the numbers this week, and definately think if they keep up with the pace of this last episode V will stabilize around 8-9 million. Looks like we are going to get the following 9 episodes. YAY

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
                          9.3 isn't that bad. If this thing can level off around 9-10 million, it may have
                          a decent life after all. I'd love to see three or four seasons.
                          I would too, to me it's showing so much more promise than FlashForward. I hope people will tune back in and give this show a chance.

Comment

Does anyone know what a show like this needs in terms of viewers to stay alive? Opinions? Also - do you think ABC takes into account that it's up against NCIS? Just wondering what kind of numbers this thing needs to stay on the air.

Comment

For a scripted show to stay on the air it's average demo rating is only allowed to be 10% lower than it's network's season average. In ABC's case, the average is around 3,0. That means V needs an average of at least 2,7 to stay on the air. Of course, if it falls into the low 2s it's possible that it will still be cancelled even if it's season average would be enough for renewal. The high premiere ratings distort the picture somewhat.

I expected a drop into the 9 million range for this episode but I was hoping that it could stay above the 9,5 million mark. Hopefully the show will be able to have a small ratings bump next week due to the good quality of last night's episode, the fact that it will be the fall finale and that ABC's Nashville affiliate will finally broadcast the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎