No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "A Bright New Day?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed.

Let's not do that again. We are not in the 80s--we have money for SFX now.

Comment

I give it a 10 because it was an amazing episode.

Everybody has pointed out most of the things I think were fantastic so not much left to say..

Originally posted by resistorperish
      The Fifth Column reveal within the mothership was absolutely outstanding! I hope that guy becomes a regular. How will he explain Dale's death to Anna? Will he have to defect to Earth? Is Dale really dead or did he just give him something to damage his memory?
      Exactly my thoughts.. in that scene where Joshua says "The fifth column says hello" I was totally *SQUEE* .. so this character has to become some kind of Martin PLZ.. he was awesome.

Loved the whole Anna/Mrs Faulkner thing.. I still wonder if we'll find out if there was some sort of conversion going on with a drug or something that may be related to the "bliss" thing. So yeah, very curious to see what the whole "re-connected" and "bliss" terms mean exactly.. and of course what are her plans for Ryan.

Loved how these four characters met at the end, just perfect. Can't wait for next week.

Comment

Pretty darn good. This series is starting to grow on me. Was ambivalent about the pilot, second ep. was entertaining, and this one held my interest.

Comment

I gave it an 8.

It had plenty of twists and turns, but, it wasn't a fast-paced as the pilot. Though, based on other reviews of the second episode, which I have yet to see, maybe watching that one, then re-watching this weeks will make me change my mind.

Comment

I thought the Killing of dale was a bit quick also, but i guess having him alive would not have worked well story wise. I think i saw the mother daughter story bit coming. But its a good one. So far its a great show.

Comment

So far not really feeling the show. We're supposed to be cheering for the humans, but they've showed us so little of the "bad" aliens, it's hard to do that. And for a sci-fi drama it's not showing us the alien life. Most sci-fi shows show us a lot more of the alien life and therefore are more interesting to me. (I had a similar problem with Vamp Diaries too - showed too little of vamp life). Unless they start showing us their "superior" medicine, and other ways of life, I'll be checking out on this one soon.

This is really feeling more like some war/terrorist show between two human groups, not aliens versus humans.

Maybe it would have helped to have some back story from the earlier mini-series and/or older TV series, but I don't have any of that, so I have to go off this show entirely. And it's not developed well for this "newbie". Too much happens in offscreensville for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Convair
                I don't remember if Brian had to be specially outfitted for that particular mission, though. Diana had to pretty much talk him into it, if I remember right.
                Brian was in love (or at least in hot-like) with Diana-ana-bo-bana and he would do anything for her - if you recall - they made hot lizard love in one scene (or as hot as it could be shown in the 80's) - so Brian had no problem accepting the "experiment" to knock up the hooman gurl!

Comment

He was one of Diana's lovers.
                  I think the idea of being with a human didn't please him to much, but he did it to make Diana happy.

Comment

Fantastic episode! An easy ten out of ten.

It was packed with twists and turns, not major ones but enough to spice up the story and keep things interesting. I loved the reveal of Lisa being Anna's daughter and the gathering of Erica, Jack, Ryan, and Georgie, but my favourite scene was definitely Joshua outwitting Dale. "The Fifth Column says hello..."

Comment

I gave it an 8, the highest of any episode so far.

It was very watch-able, some scenes were intense, there were ups and downs and overall it held my attention.

Zod.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎