Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Samuel want to take over the world, or just destroy it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Samuel want to take over the world, or just destroy it?

So apparently Samuel is collecting mutants because being around them amps up his own power due to some energy field each gives off that we've conveniently never heard about before now. If he gets powerful enough, do you suppose he could shatter the planet right to its very core? Or does he just intend to use the power to become a dictator type "Zod" figure, ruler of Earth? What's his angle? (Samuel talked about his brother "holding him back". The question is, from what. Is he a "Magneto" type villain, planning to wipe the world clean of "normals"?)

I think Samuel wants to wipe the world clean of normals.

Unfortunately, I think he'll end up splitting the Earth in two (think the painting in Villains).

There is no doubt in my mind that Samuel wiped out Tokyo in "The Second Coming". Think about it, if everyone on Earth had abilities, Samuel's power would grow exponentially.
    Last edited by Spirit Detective; 11-17-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

You got it Spirit. Looks like ol' T-Bag is well on his way to finally getting the 'respect' that always seemed to elude him on Prison Break... heh (He'll be moving on up from raping people to "raping" an entire planet from the sound of things. lol) (btw I wish I could see your pics from the computer I'm on right now but they won't load, will check em out later.)

Comment

This gravity force thing actually makes perfect sense. Considering the way these powers manifested in people had to due with the positions of celestial bodies (ie the eclipse), it would be reasonable to assume they fundamentually have something to due with the Earth and it's gravity.

Comment

^sounds reasonable

Comment

Samuel specifically wanted the tape to know how to increase his power 1000-fold. I think the tape will tell him which "specials" he needs to gather to achieve this. So he wants more power, sort of like Sylar, but he needs his followers. While Sylar goes the lone route, because he doesn't need anybody.

Comment

Yeah he wants power, but he proboably wants to kill all the humans so evolved humans will be safe.

He'll be unstoppable.

Comment

you know as i kept watching this chapter of this season i kept wondering what in the world are the writers trying to get at? nothing seemed to be happening except for the crazy stuff happening with matt and sylar and nathan/sylar and samuel. the whole peter meets light woman doesn't seem to be going anywhere. i kept wondering what they were planning with samuel. looks like they're finally getting in telling whats up with him. plus isn't this story about to run its course and another chapter is going to start after the break?

Comment

Heroes is actually running til December and then its off. At least that was the gameplan. They wanted to bring in Chuck for January, yet Chuck is coming back early and maybe not in Heroes' spot. They may keep a few episodes back to keep it going all year, but as of now volume 5 ends in December.

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
                    you know as i kept watching this chapter of this season i kept wondering what in the world are the writers trying to get at? nothing seemed to be happening except for the crazy stuff happening with matt and sylar and nathan/sylar and samuel. the whole peter meets light woman doesn't seem to be going anywhere. i kept wondering what they were planning with samuel. looks like they're finally getting in telling whats up with him. plus isn't this story about to run its course and another chapter is going to start after the break?
                    I was thinking the same thing.I was thinking that Heroes has never made me wait this long for an inside scoop. Hell, LOST hasn't even made me wait this long.

But bringing back Mohinder from his sabbatical and filling us in like that was really cool. I feel like we've earned it. But I also feel like it's a few weeks over due.

Side note: Is Samuel attractive? Or am I insane?

Comment

The Samuel storyline direction seems to be leading to a rehash of Season 1's climax. Remember in Season 1 when Peter got too overpowered and he couldn't control Ted's radiation ability any longer and blew up? Well there, New York got destroyed in an "untampered" timeline. And now here, we have a similar "end of the world" possible future apocalypse (as seen in Spirit Detective's pics above). And for similar reasons--a person becoming too "over powered". I can see them doing something like Samuel losing control and not being able to stop the earth shaking (even if he wanted to), similar to Peter not being able to hold back from exploding. However, since Samuel isn't exactly the "hero" Peter is, it will probably be more intentional. That said, I have a feeling they'll still lean more toward the "losing control of the power" route with Samuel too.

And just like in Season 1, we have time travel/future viewing/premonitions in the mix, so that the worst case scenario (Earth's final farewell) will naturally be ultimately averted. Same song, different tune.
                      Last edited by Xanderman; 11-19-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I think people are reading too much into the Earth ending in Season 3 due to Samuel. I think that had more to do with someone destroying Tokyo then the entire planet. I think they will have Samuel and his carnies fight the Heroes and Sylar due to Samuel screwing with their lives then having to save the world. I also don't think its a rehash since we have no real premonitions at this point about Samuel destroying the world only online speculation. Plus, Season one had a totally different vibe then this season. Season One felt like you were on a time clock to stop Sylar, this season is more about putting the pieces together to stop Samuel.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎