"Idol" plotholes and mistakes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe its a mac running windows 7

Comment

Maybe not a plot hole but I think the writers really painted themselves in a corner when they had Lois reveal she knew who the Blur was. It doesn't make any sense why the government didn't take her in for questioning.

Comment

Originally posted by deanropi
        Maybe not a plot hole but I think the writers really painted themselves in a corner when they had Lois reveal she knew who the Blur was. It doesn't make any sense why the government didn't take her in for questioning.
        i guarantee this fact will be swept under the rug the government/police force is nearly non-existent in the smallville universe

Comment

^^That was a big mistake. That same connection to Clark in Infamous got her into serious trouble. She should have written a headline saying that she thought she knew who he was and that she was wrong.

Comment

She actually said she "knows the blur." not that she knows his secret identity... she could cover it up with a slip that way... she does know the blur... he talks to her on the phone... she never said she saw his face... so deniability...

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
              There was one thing I noticed when the power was out at the DP.

Lois was typing on her typemachine and when the power went back on, the computer was immediately turned on and logged in.
              I wonder why they wouldn't think something like this through, when they show Lois trying to log in a few episodes ago and now they show that when a computer is turned on, it's logged in and ready to use.
              Things like this really disturb me.

Anybody else notice?
              The PC itself could be running on a UPS. So when the power comes back on for the monitor it's right where it left off because the pc never powered off. I have a UPS on my computer for that very reason. It's the DP, they enough money for those. It's plausible.

Comment

But even if it was on a UPS, the PC wouldn't have shut down like we saw it (screen was off). Unless there's something that puts it on a powersaver mode until power returns, but if that was the case Lois would have saved her work & shut it down since the UPS only lasts for a certain time, like 30 minutes & leaving it on would drain the UPS quicker. I'm pretty sure all those computers are on UPS units or else a blackout would cause nightmares for a newspaper & meeting deadlines.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                  She actually said she "knows the blur." not that she knows his secret identity... she could cover it up with a slip that way...
                  Doesn't matter. She said she knows the blur and had seen into his heart. Even if she were to deny she knew him later, they would still keep any eye on her and everyone she knows and figure out it is Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    But if it was on a UPS, the PC wouldn't have shut down. Unless there's something that puts it on a powersaver mode until power returns, but if that was the case Lois would have saved her work & shut it down since the UPS only lasts for a certain time, like 30 minutes.
                    Beat you to it.
                    Yeah most last about 30 but more expensive ones can go for an hour or more. The power wasn't out that long before it was fixed.

Comment

I thought it was fixed the following day?

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                        I thought it was fixed the following day?
                        You're right, forgot about that. It was the next day because Lois complained about the monorail being down.

Comment

Originally posted by Iluvgreen
                          She lost her phone.

lol i was looking for a smarter answer than "she lost her phone" XD

i mean, don't just accept plot holes like this one... That is why the writers of Smallville have gotten so lazy, its because fans just don't care anymore. Look at Supernatural in comparison, and how much time the writers dedicate to detail... or Lost, i mean every single thing is so interconnected, just saying...

Comment

I thought the electric pole fell after she took the picture. I figured, when the sparks started flying and everything went dark, both Zan and Jayna jumped back (obviously startled and scared) and she dropped her phone. She either dropped it before it fell and the pole fell on top of it, or she dropped it and the phone slid across the ground and under the pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
                              There was one thing I noticed when the power was out at the DP.

Lois was typing on her typemachine and when the power went back on, the computer was immediately turned on and logged in.
                              I wonder why they wouldn't think something like this through, when they show Lois trying to log in a few episodes ago and now they show that when a computer is turned on, it's logged in and ready to use.
                              Things like this really disturb me.

Anybody else notice?
                              I hadnt noticed...but its kinda funny...good observation.

Comment

Maybe Clark superspead by and logged in for her and we just didn't see And ya, I wonder what they're going to do to Lois... maybe she convinced all those people to leave the Blur AND her alone with her wonderful speech I try, I try....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎