Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Triangle for Two Over: Lois's Final Decision?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KryptoB-ron
    Well it should be happening next episode and Lois as of right now said that her heart tells her Clark. So I think at this moment her feelings aren't as strong for the Blur. However, I fully expect the Blur attraction to rise again and cause problems for Clois.
    well I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Personally, I don't see the blur being as big of an obstacle as some of us had thought originally.

Idol just proved for me that Lois will always love Clark and that's where her heart lies with, she's not one to be with someone just because someone else wasn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by herolee10
      well I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Personally, I don't see the blur being as big of an obstacle as some of us had thought originally.

Idol just proved for me that Lois will always love Clark and that's where her heart lies with, she's not one to be with someone just because someone else wasn't available.
      No, I'm not saying she settles for Clark because she can't have the blur. When she talked to Chlo-Blur she said her heart told her Clark. So in that moment she managed to let go of the Blur. However, I believe when she starts talking and helping the blur again some feelings will start to arise again. IMO the beauty of their romance is that Lois is torn between both(with in some interpretations as heavily leaning to Clark) because they both complete her and that's why she falls in love with the real Clark kent/blur.

Comment

well given on how based on spoilers that we know that [SPOILER]Lois decides to enter into a relationship with Clark[/SPOILER], I hope that by then, that whatever romantic feelings that Lois had for the blur are played down quite a bit, since Lois isn't the type of person to be with someone and yet have strong romantic feelings for another.

Even in the comics, Lois had told Superman that they would only remain as friends while she chose Clark.
        That's the whole point though. She's torn between too people and it bothers her. But the joke's on her because she doesn't know that they are the same man.

Doesn't make her look bad. Doesn't bug me in the least because they are presenting it in a way where the audience knows she is torn between the two because she doesn't know.

I think even though she's chosen Clark, there will be moments where she still feels that pull to the Blur and it bothers her. And [SPOILER]even though they'll enter into a relationship, I don't expect the triangle for two to be shelved for long, if it is[/SPOILER]

I say bring on the triangle for two and keep it for a while. Keeps things interesting. Plus, we know the reason why she's struggling between "two men" is because they are in fact two aspects of the same man

Some of us never saw the triangle for two as an obstacle. I love Clark having a dual persona. It's classic and it's part of the Clois package.

The thing is, the way SV has presented the story, is that if Lois falls for Clark 100%, then she isn't falling for the whole man. If she falls for The Blur 100%, she isn't falling for the whole man. The real Clark is somewhere in between. Lois is drawn to both because they complete the man she loves so much. I expect that pull to continue, stronger sometimes and weaker other times. I just don't think it makes either one look bad or impacts her love for Clark.
        Last edited by Moonshayde; 11-15-2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Considering the last scene in Idol, I would say YES. But with these producers you never know

However, it makes sense to me to Lois to be still attracted to Blur, because the Blur is a part of Clark. So to me, for Lois to love Clark, she needs to love the Blur as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonshayde
            That's the whole point though. She's torn between too people and it bothers her. But the joke's on her because she doesn't know that they are the same man.

Doesn't make her look bad. Doesn't bug me in the least because they are presenting it in a way where the audience knows she is torn between the two because she doesn't know.

I think even though she's chosen Clark, there will be moments where she still feels that pull to the Blur and it bothers her. And [SPOILER]even though they'll enter into a relationship, I don't expect the triangle for two to be shelved for long, if it is[/SPOILER]

I say bring on the triangle for two and keep it for a while. Keeps things interesting. Plus, we know the reason why she's struggling between "two men" is because they are in fact two aspects of the same man

Some of us never saw the triangle for two as an obstacle. I love Clark having a dual persona. It's classic and it's part of the Clois package.

The thing is, the way SV has presented the story, is that if Lois falls for Clark 100%, then she isn't falling for the whole man. If she falls for The Blur 100%, she isn't falling for the whole man. The real Clark is somewhere in between. Lois is drawn to both because they complete the man she loves so much. I expect that pull to continue, stronger sometimes and weaker other times. I just don't think it makes either one look bad or impacts her love for Clark.
            True, and a very great post i might add, however doesn't Lois eventually in the comics choose Clark over Superman and tell Superman that they can only be friends?

I mean granted, yes the blur is Clark, and it's natural that Lois would be drawn towards that side of Clark, but idk, i just don't see it being played out as the usual triangle for two would.

Comment

I have been thinking about this and I think that the triangle may be over.
              First off, I wonder how much Clark will call her as The Blur anymore...
              Initially he did because they were having problems and it was easier to talk to her that way, then after Metallo he stopped for awhile.

Personally I think that the more he fell in love with Lois the less he needed to talk to her as The Blur, in fact I think the only reason he called her in "Idol" was to have her help clear his name. I think PSW may choose other obstacles for those occassional bumps in the Clois coupledom.

Comment

True, and a very great post i might add, however doesn't Lois eventually in the comics choose Clark over Superman and tell Superman that they can only be friends?

I mean granted, yes the blur is Clark, and it's natural that Lois would be drawn towards that side of Clark, but idk, i just don't see it being played out as the usual triangle for two would.
                In the comics you're right. She chooses Clark over Superman. But at that time in the comics, Clark was the real persona and Superman was the alter ago.

Smallville seems to be using the "true Clark Kent is a mix of The Blur and Clark Kent." This means that Lois wouldn't really be able to fully choose Clark or The Blur because she wouldn't accept the whole man. SV's version, like you said, is a little different. That is why she is so torn between the two. She needs both aspects to complete the real Clark Kent.

Lois always falls for the real man. In the Superman movies, she fell for Superman who was the real persona. In the comics and LnC, she went for Clark because he is the real persona. In SV, the third option of a mixed character, is in play. I do believe that she'll choose Clark for now, but still be drawn to The Blur. She won't know why, of course.

I've been so satisfied with the season this far, though, that if they do go back and forth between Clark and The Blur, I think it will be handled in a tasteful manner

Comment

I want Lois to find out Clark's secret this season, not necessarily right now, right now but by the finale for sure.

Comment

The way I took the line was she was going to take her psycologist's advice and focus on clark. Shes always going to be facinated with the blur BUT I think shes going to fall in love with clark. So the triangle IMO is cooled WAY down.

Comment

Right now: Clark
                      In the futre: The Blur (Or Clark in Dark Mysterious-should-be-red-and-yellow-and-blue tights....) LOL...

Comment

Hey, I don't watch S9 and say "When is Clark going to tell Lois his secret?" I say "When is he going to tell her he loves her".I remember thinking when they first met "How in the world are these two going to get together when thy can't even stand being in the same room together?" I think the triangle for Lois is true love verses hero worship. I think she is afraid that one or both will let her down.

Comment

Lydiapooh66, it was never that they couldn't stand being in the same room together. It was that Lois was a hard ass and Clark was like a big brother to her. There was tension there from the start because they were both attracted to the other. They showed that from the start when Lois dunks him in the tank and Chloe is standing there knowing there's something between them.

I voted "I don't know" because of how Smallville is normally written. Lois loves Clark and vice versa, but she's still drawn to the Blur. She chose Clark and always will choose Clark. She sees the other side of Clark that only Chloe really sees. She knows he's a hero, but doesn't know he's THE hero.

Comment

Originally posted by mark08201981
                            Lydiapooh66, it was never that they couldn't stand being in the same room together. It was that Lois was a hard ass and Clark was like a big brother to her. There was tension there from the start because they were both attracted to the other. They showed that from the start when Lois dunks him in the tank and Chloe is standing there knowing there's something between them.

I voted "I don't know" because of how Smallville is normally written. Lois loves Clark and vice versa, but she's still drawn to the Blur. She chose Clark and always will choose Clark. She sees the other side of Clark that only Chloe really sees. She knows he's a hero, but doesn't know he's THE hero.
                            BRAVO to this awesome post!

ITA with you on everything you said here.

Comment

I think for now it's over but,this will definitely be a factor again.They can't already be done with the triangle,I mean they barely even scratched the surface ya know?

Comment

Clark is her choice, but I still see her having a connection with The Blur after this, but maybe not in a romantic way. She will still want to talk to him and be a part of his life and that would be similar to the triangle built for two, but I don't see Lois ever really falling for Superman or The Blur after this. Maybe a bit of a crush type situation when Superman makes his debut, but she can't see The Blur, so that romantic crush has to be gone and by the time Superman makes his debut Lois and Clark will have been together too long for there to be that classic back and forth between Superman and Clark.

When Superman makes his debut and if Lois still doesn't know Clark's secret, then I could see her having an innocent crush on him just as plenty of people here have innocent crushes on Tom Welling no matter what their real life relationship status is. It would be more of a celebrity type crush than a love crush. This way they could play it as a joke about how Lois has a bit of a thing for Superman without it ever really threatening the Lois and Clark relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎