Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Clark tell strangers his secret, but hide it from his friends?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been a big problem with the series for a long time, and I think it comes from being more of a soap opera than the comics. I didn't read the comics much, but from what I do remember Superman was often off on his own for long periods of time. He wasn't interacting with the same people day in and day out, and they didn't need to have a large cast of characters represented all the time because of contracts with the actors.

It got ridiculous a long time ago with Clark having this field around him that results in his friends getting KOd shortly before he shows up.

Comment

Most of those folks had a secret themselves. Clark knows what it's like to be different and have people treat you differently once they find out you are different. He can relate to them more.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Red junkie
      Does anyone think it's a bit insulting for Clark to not just admit to Lois that's he's the Blur? Especially in such a situation as the one on the rooftop. Lois was prepared to die for Clark's cause. Was Clark really trying to convince her, even in the face of death, that her noble intentions and such a sacrifice would be misguided? If somebody is about to make the ultimate sacrifice for you, at least have the decency to be truthful to them and not attempt to discredit their actions.

What if the mist hadn't appeared? In all likelihood Clark would have saved her without revealing his identity somehow, but if not...Would Clark feel that he had done the right thing in lying to Lois as she died?
      In "Superman II: he saved her without reveling himself to her.
      Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 11-12-2013, 02:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't think it's such a big deal to be honest. When people see Clark as the Blur, they know him only as the Blur. Metallo and the Wonder Twins didn't know who Clark Kent was and therefore Clark Kent's face is the Blur's face. That may be a little unclear, it's a bit hard to explain!

Comment

Originally posted by Supermania
          I don't think it's such a big deal to be honest. When people see Clark as the Blur, they know him only as the Blur. Metallo and the Wonder Twins didn't know who Clark Kent was and therefore Clark Kent's face is the Blur's face. That may be a little unclear, it's a bit hard to explain!
          agreed sometimes Clark had to be up front and face the danger were others didn't have his burden nor his responsbility to share

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎