Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wonder Twins

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they get a spin-off I hope it's on a Saturday morning before I wake up. The Wonder Twins were a nod to Super Friends, but the the people who related to them were the 5 or 6 year old little brothers and sisters of the bigger kids that wanted to be Superman, WW or GL. Let's hope all those little kids have grown up by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by superspider02
      they didnt clearly say in the episode. I wished they were explained where they were from. In superfriends and when they where introduced in the 90s for the comics they were alien teens from the planet exxor and have pointy ears and paleish skin tones(where i read in both takes they said they were swedish). Yes in the episode both being a metahuman(via kryptonite) and the alien backstory(the swedish line from zan) were played out.
      The season 11 comic shows that they're Earth metahumans (and not aliens). We get to see their father throw them out of the house for having powers. Though, in "Titans", it is never said where exactly their childhood home is. Given Zan's line, I figure that they really are from Sweden. They used their powers to cross the Atlantic (and get to Metropolis, after hearing about the Blur). Then tried to use "transfer students from Sweden" to explain away how and why these two Scandinavian kids are in the States (without parents or legal guardians).

I mean, sure, it could've been nice to have them explore it in the actual episode (and have them be explicitly acknowledged as Swedish metahumans). However, given the track record of Hollywood, it's difficult not to be grateful that we got spared the cringeworthy accents (that ends up sounding more like bad German accents), the made up gibberish words (that the writers attempt to pass off as, in this case, Swedish words), the awful stereotypes, the writers complete lack of knowledge of another country's actual culture (cultures, actually) or history. Not to mention, the unavoidable repeat of (in this case): Americans don't know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 05-03-2023, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎