Television Ratings for "Idol"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5-2.7 mil but honestly if CW had promoted this episode better i'm sure it would have done better....cause i didnt even expect it to be this good

Comment

well even with ****** promotions from CW we have been doing pretty dam well in last few weeks and all that. I do hope the wonder twins didnt turn away to many folks. Cause it was an important episode due to lois's visions, and the stuff with the blur/wonder twins.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
        well even with ****** promotions from CW we have been doing pretty dam well in last few weeks and all that. I do hope the wonder twins didnt turn away to many folks. Cause it was an important episode due to lois's visions, and the stuff with the blur/wonder twins.
        I have same fear that Wonder Twins idea will drive people away as opposed to bringing them in. My coworker didn't watch because he hates the WT, thinks it's cheese, and pre-judged it.

Same mentality will lower ratings if it's widespread. Amazing word of mouth/press of episode will help for next week though.

Comment

totally sure i agree the wonder twins are silly characters from what i recall as a kid watching reruns of superfriends. But i was willing to give them a shot, and i actually liked them. I thought their actin was well, and all that.

Comment

2.6 i think.

Comment

I didn't like this episode, but I'm glad a lot of other people did because that means better chance for good sweeps ratings. 2.55 maybe

Comment

5 mil

Comment

2.5...season average.

Comment

I really loved this episode but I predict there may be a drop in the ratings. I wasn't excited about this episode at all until it started; actually I was quite pessimistic about it and had even thought about recording it and skipping the live viewing. lol I said it last week that the WT didn't seem to appealing to a lot of people (myself included). It would have been great if this episode would have been promoted more as a Lois and Clois centered episode. I can't believe neither of the two kisses were in the promo nor was the after love scene! It was included in a promo from a previous ep and I'm surprised it wasn't for this one when it actually made sense to include it.

With that said, I think the biggest factor in whether people tune into an episode besides the promotion is the episode before it. I thought Kandor was okay, better than I thought, but not great. If it would have been an amazing episode then I feel the ratings would go up because people would want more of what they saw.

So I'm leaning towards the drop no matter how I look at it, but I HOPE it stays at around 2.6 or better.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by davidbrenton
                    That deserves the BIGGEST BESTEST RATINGS THIS SHOW EVER FRAGGIN GOT!

And if people missed out and ratings are somehow lower, I pray that every news media outlit in the entire world runs an article covering "Idol" so next weeks ratings are HUGE!
                    Next week's ratings should be great for two reasons, this episode was fantastic and people will return for more, and the second reason is that it's the last episode before the break and it more than likely will be promoted more so that usually leads to an increase in viewers.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by superspider02
                    The funny thing is that so many people were turned off by the WT that I talked to and in the end they ended up having about 5 minutes of screentime. If we only had known. lol. I was all upset this week thinking, "What were the writers thinking! The Wonder Twins? Really?" lol and now I'm eating my words. The episode was great.
                    Last edited by Ella; 11-13-2009, 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I agree that the ratings would be so much better if they would promote!! If I hadnt read spoilers, I wouldnt have looked forward to this episode as much. I may be wrong, but I think Clois is driving the show right now and if they would promote that, then ratings would go up even more.

my guess is an optimistic 2.8

But I think since this episode was so good, the promo looks good, and ausiello has given it some coverage, Pandora will have the highest ratings of the season.

Comment

Comment

2.4 The Wonder Twins aren't what I would call enticing to the average fan, even comic fans.

Comment

yea i would be fine myself if they are 2.4 due to fans not liking wonder twins. though they were pretty good in the episode. But it would be great if it stays around the same as last week. Def next week is probably going to kill in ratings.

Comment

50 Bazillion! But I'm a Clois Optimist...

Comment

I'm hoping for 5 million but i doubt it will reach that even though it deserves it because the headliner was the wonder twins and even I almost didnt watch it because of them. I am glad I did watch it though because the WT was in it but the episode was all about clark and lois uberness and I would have kicked myself if I missed such a awesome episode.

I am pretty sure the ratings would be in the 200-300 million range if they would release it on the internet sites like hulu and the like simultaneously as the standard tv channel. When will these people realize the internet is the wave of the future and they are only hurting their bottom line by trying to stick it out on the old media format (TV). They just have to let go of the old format and embrace the internet and their audience will grow 100 fold instantly.
                                Last edited by prez420; 11-14-2009, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎