Doomsday - 6.7/10 (Season 8 Finale)
    Savior - 8.9/10 (Season 9 Premiere)
    Metallo - 9.2/10
    Rabid - 9.0/10
    Echo - 8.4/10
    Roullete - 9.0/10

Crossfire -

Overall rating: 9.8/10

2.42 million viewers vs. 2.52 million viewers (Episode 5)

This show is called Smallville. It's the life of Clark Kent before he becomes Superman. The Clark in the movies works at The Daily Planet, along side of Lois Lane. Smallville takes this element and pushes it up to date-- cell phones, newspaer, TV, movies. When Smallville takes two reporters from a big newspaer comapany and puts them on a morning show, things would probably go toward the unrealistic side of the relaistic elements the show has built up over nine years (don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of unrealistic things, but I like the relaistic elements in the show too).

I am so glad to say Smallville did not do this-- it stayed realistic though a great majority of the whole episode. It managed to win EVERY emotion in me! Congratulations to Crossfire, the best episode Smallville has EVER seen!!!!!

Lets talk about expectations. The first episode I had HIGH expectations for was Echo. It fell flat. The episode I had absolutely no expectations for was Roullete. It had action, lacked in the story section (it copied from other movies), and had one of the (smaller) twists on a single episode of Smallville in a while. Crossfire was one of those episodes where I did have high expectations for. But the episode absolutely took my expectations and exceded them through not even half of the episode! It was very well balanced-- dark, suspenceful, funny, talk, story, dark, and a srprise ending.

The ting this episode was full of that Metallo ( an extremely good episode) and Rabid (also very good) sort of lacked was character development. The former was driven by the amazing story, the character that was added, and the subtle humor. The later was more driven by the tone (dark, scary, suspenceful), and very little character development. Crossfire is driven by an extreme combination of both the things that make Metallo and Rabid so good and enjoyable to watch.

The episode starts off with Good Morning Metropolis (a name similar to ABC's Good Morning America). Who else do we see but Lois and Clark! Lois was auditioning (and Clark so happened to be helping), but both end up gettting the job. There first assignment: a blind date!

Meanwhile, Oliver takes a visit to a prostitute/cage fighter called Mia and tries to help her "become good". Tess holds a meeting at the mansion and Zod (FINALLY!) turns up there.

Basiically, Clark gets a blind date, Lois sets up a "blind date" with Olvier, Oliver befriends Mia, and Zod wants the Blur. (Trust me, its a whole lot better when you watch it.)

Mia's pimp, comes after Lois and Oliver and who else but Clark saves them. Chloe, on the other hand is helping Clark track the Kryptonians, and befriends Stewart, Tess's technician (who we saw in about the second or third episode).

The ending, which I though was totaly unexpected (I was watching it on a tape without a clock in front of me), was one of the best in Smallivlle history. A kiss.

Crossfire manages to wrap up more than one story line-- Oliver's, Chloe's (and if you think what I think, somewhat Jimmy's), has a great story, introduces another character, who will be back in more than one episode, and dives deeper into the main storyline. All major 6 characters (sereies regulars) show up in this episode. Everyone of them did a terrific job with thier parts.

Don't forget, next week, Jor-El makes his first human appearance on Smallville.

The week after, The Wonder Twins show up, and the week after that, we finally see the "FlashFowards" Lois is seeing in the mid-season finale!
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎