Clear All

• Review

Doomsday - 6.7/10 (Season 8 Finale)
    Savior - 8.9/10 (Season 9 Premiere)
    Metallo - 9.2/10
    Rabid - 9.0/10

Echo -

Overall Rating: 8.4/10

First, let me be the first to say this episode was a letdown. Don't get me wrong, it was good, and watching it is still enjoyable, but it just fell flat. The Toyman had so much potential, along with Clark having a new super power, but both just were not what I was expecting.

I was expecting the Toyman to occupy a good amount of screen time in Echo. Instead he ended up with five or six minutes of screen time. What a letdown. However, the screen time the Toyman did recieve fit the story and was extremely well done, which is great considering he could be back for another episode.

I was truely excited to hear Clark would be getting a new super power this episode. We hadn't seen him getting/learning a new super power since probably season 5. I've got to say, this was the most dissapointing part of the episode, but it had its strong moments.

Lois was... A part of the episode that complicated it to the point of boredom. However, she did make the story move foward given the situation. Clark had the ablility to read minds, he reads Lois's, finds out shes all "down" from the Blur not contacting her at all, yet goes for Clark instead.

The episode starts at one of Luther Corps. textile factories where workers are trapped by a bomb. Clark saves them (woop dee do), but not without consiquence: he gets a new superpower, reading people's minds. The opening sequence was fantastic, and I treally think how Clark got the power was interesting, giving the fact that Jor-El later explains he gave Clark the power.

Clark uses his power to read Lois's mind thoughout the episode. This aspect of the episode was a little odd. The Lois and Clark hints were present thoughout the whole episode, but were overdone. Anyway, Lois and Clark both investigate who the bomber was and meanwhile Oliver is getting the girls at the bar (to an extent). Tess comes in and tries to talk some sence into him (it's not directly stated, but you can tell it's not out of the goodness of her hear), and explains to himthat their company is (basically) failing because of what Oliver is becoming.

Clark goes to Chloe, and tells her that he fears the Toyman is behind the bombing, a move to get revenge on Oliver because he framed the Toyman for Lex's murder. Chloe tells Clark that there would be a meeting at the Ace of Clubs about Oliver's buisness and the Toyman would probably be there to kill Oliver then. And he is..... To a degree.

The Toyman plants a bomb below where Oliver is speaking (on a wieght sensitive plate) and tells him to confess or he would blow the place up. If he tried to move, the bomb would explode also. Chloe sets off an alarm and the people get out, but Oliver steps off, hoping to commit suicide, but the bomb was just a fake.

The best part of this episode is Oliver's storyline. Oliver is becoming the man he murdered, Lex Luther, and that reflection is clearly shown in this episode. I aplaud the writers for coming up with a great charater arc with him. It all started to make sence last episode, and now has come even further.

The cast did a great job with the episode. The acting made it enjoyable when it got a bit too boring and draggy. I both loved and hated the Lois and Clark character development. I think it was pushed too fast, mainly because of Clark's power. The power was extremely dissapointing. It worked well with the episode, but I think it didn't go well overall, but I don't know, I could be just basing this on how upset I was to learn that it was a temporary superpower. Chloe was great with the little screentime she had. And Tess was amazing.

The part of the episode I thought was fantastic was the beggining, and the very end. At the very end, we learn the Toyman has been taken to jail. And (I guessed this as I was watching by the way) Tess walks in and gives him the Kryptonite heart, telling him to tell her how it works. I was extremely happy that they have two extremely good characters with a chance of making one more appearence on the show. I loved it. I cannot wait to see what will come of it.

Next week, Oliver is held hostage by a girl named Ratule (something like that). Ehh, I wasn't exited until the previews. Hopefully it will get back up to Mettallo standards.

Surprisingly, Echo was seen by 2.62 million viewers. Thats up .28 from last week and .10 from the season premiere: A SEASON HIGH!!!
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎