• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review

Doomsday - 6.7/10 (Season 8 Finale)
    Savior - 8.9/10 (Season 9 Premiere)

Metallo -

Overall Rating - 9.2/10

When watching a TV show that has mutiple story arcs, character arcs, and many things hppening per episode, you usually watch the premiere, and then the second episode, which acts as the second part of the premiere. Well, Metallo certainly was the second part of the Season 9 premiere.

When the premiere ends, we see Lois going to sleep and having visions of the future. These visions will probably come to life in Smallville in some form or another. Now, when we start the second episode, we are listening to John Corben and Lios have a conversation, and we FINALLY get to see Clark's dog after maybe 18 episodes without him. John eventually gets hit by a truck --(TRUST ME, if you are not a fan of blood, fast foward until after the opening credits) and gets this Metor Rock/Metal heart.

I liked the fact that the writers actually tell the viewers that Clark has not been home, that is a big plus. The dog being a big part of the begining of the story was pretty nice too.

Eventually, John's heart "poisins" his head and he ends up going mad. Yada yada yada, then he kidnaps Lois. Thats where the episode was amazing. I loved the cinimatography, every minute of it. As everyone knows, Lois cannot die (or can she?) in Smallville because it is a prequel to the Superman stories. So Clark ends up saving Lois. Not a surprise.

This episode reminded me of Season 8's Commited. I loved Commited, it was absolutly the best episode in Smallville history. Well, this episode comes in an extremely close second.

Why?

Well, I summerized most of the episode without spoiling anything major. So here is my review:

As I said, the cinimatography was amazing. I loved it in every moment of this episode, the dark tone. It really stood out.

Also, the music has pretty much got up to par with John William's origianal score for SuperMan.

The acting was pretty good too. Tom Welling was amazing as always. He always resembled SuperMan, in my opionion. His new costume, personally, fits what he is going through. Erica Durance was amazing as well as the rest of the main cast, though we were missing two of them. John Corbon's actor was spot on. I loved him.

Overall, this episode well deserves a 9.2/10. I cannot wait until next week's episode where Metropolis turns into ZOMBIES! And the week after that, Clark gets a whole new power. It's all very exciting.

This week, viewers were down yet again. 2.50 was the premiere, this week was 2.39. I really hope Smallville gets some ground.

Maybe just tune in for this weeks episode on Friday night at 8PM on the CW? Just check out the show for opinions sake. Maybe you'll like it, maybe not.

Edit 1:

The official numbers are in via TVByTheNumbers.com.

Smallville averaged 2.24 million viewers on Friday, October 2, 2009.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎