Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think of Julian Sands as Jor-El?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very generous with guest stars.....

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
      That was the biggest disappoint for me, especially when past seasons were so built on family. They could've at least been given 5 minutes to talk.
      maybe if we are lucky it will be revealed that clone jor-el was putting something in clark's wall that would fix the fos so it isn't so dark and upload a hallogram of Jor-el into the fortress so when clark talks to jor-el we can hear terance stamp and see Julian Sands.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        I just wanted to give Julian some props.

I thought he was awesome.

I hope they'll be able to bring him back somehow, maybe in the Series Finale.

And for the record, he did resemble Tom and vice versa
        i enjoyed julian in the warlock movies and think he did a really great job. he had gravitas.

i think julian should have been used as ZOD!!! instead of callum

Comment

No Brando by any means, but he did a great job with what he was given. I thought he and Callum were highly enjoyable.

Comment

I think Julian Sands was a great Jor El. I loved him in Warlock.

Comment

Do we know why Tom Welling was not taken for Jor-El again? I think it's in season 9 dvd goodies.

Comment

I agree with the conitinuity issues, obviously. No way around that sum'b*tch.

As for the performance itself...I didn't like the way Jor-El came across a such a p*ssy. And his voice was really breathy. I still dug the hell out of this episode. The only fan wank I can come up with is this clone was made from a sample taken from before his relationship with Zod completely broke down, before the war between he and Zor-El, Brainiac, Krypton's doom etc. So maybe after all that, he became a bit of a hard ass (the Stamp Jor-El).

That works for me really well actually.

Also, I so wanted to see Sands Jor-El talk to Stamp Jor-El. Imagine how that would have gone down. World-weary Stamp Jor-El would've trashed Sands Jor-El even more than Future Clark mocked our Clark in Season 10. :P

EDIT: Oh, PS. He's coming back in S10 along with Helen Slater as Lara. Lara was also kind of weak, IMO. Still...whoop.
                Last edited by titansupes; 10-30-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎