No announcement yet.

Anti-Freaking-Climatic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umm
    Did you realy expect that! I mean This Jor-El was never meant to be a permanent fixture in Clark's life! He was meant to give him closure, to show him that the Jor-El he knows from the Fortress can be a kind, loving man, a hero and is willing to selfsacrifice himself for his son, which is something Clark didn't know about his biological father before! He only characterised Jonathan this way, which I think partly prevented him from seing Jor-El in that light! Plus, Jor-El from the Fortress can be a coldhearted b...... at times, so those two things combined, ....
    Did I really expect what? The tragic end? If that's what you're asking me, the answer's yes. Ever since it was announced that Jor-El would be making an actual appearance I've thought he was going to die. He had to die, really.

How the hell did Tess know what the Blur wears??
    She doesn't. However, it doesn't take a genius to work things out. Zod saw the House of El/Superman shield, thought it was Jor-El and eventually determined, after hearing of the saves around the city, that Jor-El was the Blur. Tess combined all this, gave Jor-El a shirt with his family's logo on it and made him pretend to be the Blur because that would be enough to convince Zod. It wasn't like she stuck a professionally-made shirt and trenchcoat on him before placing a black wig on his head. Anyone with Tess' knowledge in this situation could have given Jor-El a black shirt with a House of El symbol on it.

I think that a lot of people make good points regarding plot holes, but for every one good point there's about five that can be solved with a bit of logic.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
      Really? Cause I'm new to this for this season... this episode was such a let down because it was all tragic drama... that was cheep! It didn't sell you Jor-El or Zod and Jor-El's powerful friendship which... please stab me in the head with a fork for using that one AGAIN! and to top it off more retcons, and then Jor-El dies in Clark's arms... and we are suppose to buy how much this hurts because Jor-El had... ummm well he... no wait... errr... that's right nothing Clark knew about that... errr well he put Chloe on the couch all nice! That Jor-El had never even met Clark and we are suppose to feel such a big bond between them because... he looked at some pictures? Because Chloe else trusted that he was Jor-El for no sane reason and told him everything about his son? Sorry this episode and just about everything that happened in it flew with me as well as Clark does.
      ITA.

To me, it was a weak episode in a strong season. It was poorly written, with lots of plot holes and retcons. A disappointment, because I had high hopes for it.

Comment

It was okay. I thought all the characters were written very well. I enjoyed the Clark/Chloe/Oliver team up that they had in this episode. However, I felt that plot was pretty predictable. It isn't one of my favorite episodes this season but, it wasn't bad. Same thing happened with Rabid for me. There wasn't any huge flaw that stuck out in my mind for both episodes but, the episodes didn't click with me like the others have. Maybe I just expected more out of both episodes.

Comment

No, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by tmchale1970
            IF you have a problem take it up with the writers.It was not a personal attack on you.
            You said you saw the same people complaining over and over again... I take offense to that, like you can't have seen something wrong with this episode without being a nit picker. Sorry but I felt I needed to defend those of us who were really looking forward to this episode but where horrible let down by crappy writing and poor execution and I repeat please for the love of all that is holy will someone tell the writers that friends who become enemies is no longer clever on this show? Please?
            Last edited by borednow; 11-09-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

It really took me a long time to figure out why I didn't like this episode. I think it was mainly because I was thinking that it would be a Clark/Jor-el episode. It really wasn't. In that sense it was a let down. I didn't like the parallel between Jor-el/Zod and Clark/Lex. Can't there be a NEW dynamic? I didn't understand Clark's really strong emotions throughout the episode. So that by the end... I just wasn't with Clark when he wept over Jor-el's body. I felt like the show skipped over some important relationship development or something. It was odd...

Since watching it for the first time I've read a couple of really good reviews and had a couple of really good chats and... it's opened my mind a little. I can understand Clark's emotional arc a little bit better in light of the fact that he's an orphan. Jor-el has just dropped into his life out of nowhere and... he wants to connect but ultimately he cannot. His parents are dead. He really will never connect to them or know them. A poster here... I don't remember who paralleled this episode to "Progeny" which I thought was cool and which frustrated me because Clark never had a moment of relationship with Jor-el in this episode. In "Progeny" we had the flashback when she was a child and then at least one scene of reunion and questions.

But my sister compares this episode to Lara's episodes in Season 7.

I didn't buy that just hearing a story about having a son would suddenly cause you to BE a father in the way that Zod supposedly sees in Jor-el's eyes. But again, the comparison to Lara's episodes in Season 7... that helps me to expand my view of Clark's emotional arc. He's not just reacting to the events of that episode. He's having a cumulative reaction to things that have been happening over the course of the show.

But I was VERY disappointed on first viewing and I voted the episode 7/10. Though I agree that in terms of Chloe... it was probably the best of the season. It was nice to get a huge chunk of time with Chloe.

I've enjoyed the season so far and there was a lot that was great about this episode. So I'm not down on the season as a whole.

Comment

You said you saw the same people complaining over and over again... I take offense to that, like you can't have seen something wrong with this episode without being a nit picker. Sorry but I felt I needed to defend those of us who were really looking forward to this episode but where horrible let down by crappy writing and poor execution and I repeat please for the love of all that is holy will someone tell the writers that friends who become enemies is no longer cleaver on this show? Please?
                Ok fair enough i was really looking foward to the episode too but i thought it was not bad,again i`m sorry if i caused you any offence

Comment

It was kind of anti-climatic. But more than anything I didnt like Clark being a guest in his own show. Plus the Kandor/Krypton stuff is really starting to disinterst me.

Comment

Originally posted by tmchale1970
                    Ok fair enough i was really looking foward to the episode too but i thought it was not bad,again i`m sorry if i caused you any offence
                    Apology accepted.

I was really looking forward to this and was horribly disappointed... I give it a 4...

Comment

No it wasnt good or great , or any way u like to sugar coat it, im sorry, im gonna say it was ...................

FREAKING AWEEEEEEEEEESOME

Comment

Apology accepted.

I was really looking forward to this and was horribly disappointed... I give it a 4...
                        I gave it a 5 or a 6. Just too predictable. The only surprise was Chloe's hidden camera stuff and the Kandor backstory.

Comment

... I'm not surprised Chloe has been placing hidden cameras for a while... and the Kandor back story wreaked of retcons and yet another Clex rip off... *sigh*

Comment

I'm just gonna say this...and I usually don't, I did not care for this episode. This is truly mind boggling to me because 90% of the time, I defend Smallville to the utmost and try to stick up for each episode no matter how bad an episode faired. This episode was just really off for me. It felt like more of a backstory than part of the continuity. It's not that it had bad acting or dialogue or action sequences, it was just building momentum and it never led to anything but Jor-el clone getting killed when he finally meets with clark. That was a let down for me and I saw it coming. I wanted to deny it and say "oh no, they are going to do some crazy twists and turns and the momentum will climax, explode and then steadily come down to a good finish" but that wasn't the case. I'm not hating on this episode, I'm just disappointed with how it turned out.

Comment

Disagreed.

Comment

Ending wasn't great, but I thought the episode was the best in a long while

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎