Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm positive that Lex killed Jor-El

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think Alia did it. I would have rather it be Lex, but I don't think the writers are likely to re-explore this, and despite any continuity gaffs on their part, I do believe that they intended it to be her, at least as of "Persuasion".

Comment

Alia fatally wounded Jor-El, against Major Zod's orders, when she admitted to the deed, the Major too offense as this was in conflict with his plans, whatever they were. He in turn punishes Alia and took her life, with the Ginsu knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchetjoe
        Alia fatally wounded Jor-El, against Major Zod's orders, when she admitted to the deed, the Major too offense as this was in conflict with his plans, whatever they were. He in turn punishes Alia and took her life, with the Ginsu knife.
        Well in Persuasion he shot her with a gun. But I still don't think it makes sense that Alia would kill Jor-El. It makes no sense. What was her motive? She said Jor-El was a threat, but he didn't have powers either. And if she killed him, she would have known that her punishment would be death. As a matter of fact, by killing Jor-El, it would increase the likelihood that Jor-El's family member who was burning the House of El crest throughout Metropolis (in other words Clark, who they didn't know back then) would find them all & kill them. So the logic isn't there.

But Lex killing the Jor-El clone & putting the blame on the Kandorians by using the powers of that persuasion kryptonite to persuade Alia to take the blame for Jor-El's death after he somehow found & isolated her does make sense. Lex would be in favor of eliminating any more Kryptonians on Earth & pointing the blame on one of the Kandorians was a possible way he could get Clark to do his dirty work.

So logically, if anyone had a motive to kill Jor-El, it was Lex.

Comment

it was the butler in the pantry with the candle stick! Just because you play mad libs during study hall that doesn't mean you should become a writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley_Cramer
            Just because you play mad libs during study hall that doesn't mean you should become a writer.
            Whatever the hell that means. This is the theory & speculation forum. This is merely a theory. I don't know what you're problem is.

Comment

Clark could have saved Jor-El like he did Zod.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                Whatever the hell that means. This is the theory & speculation forum. This is merely a theory. I don't know what you're problem is.

I wasn't directing that comment at the original poster... I was referring to my theory about the butler and the candlestick... I was joking... insulting myself

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                  Personally I think Alia did it. I would have rather it be Lex, but I don't think the writers are likely to re-explore this, and despite any continuity gaffs on their part, I do believe that they intended it to be her, at least as of "Persuasion".
                  Another thing about this that doesn't make sense is that Persuasion is when the Alia of the present (as of season 9) was executed and as we saw the final scene of that episode had Clark destroying the solar towers at night, which were scheduled in the alternate future to go online the following morning. So why would the present Alia as of season 9 be executed for killing Jor-El before the towers ever went online but not the Alia of the alternate future who traveled back with Lois. By logic & consistency, the future Alia should have been dead before the sky went red. Jor-El in the timeline of that alternate future should have been killed the same way and told Clark the same things as the present day season 9 Jor-El in the revised timeline where the towers never go online had no knowledge of the way things would turn out in the alternate future where they did go online.

I read posts saying the reason why future Alia apologizes to Clark in Savior is because she killed Jor-El. But if there is any consistency she should have been dead before ever getting powers under red solar radiation in that future. Especially since Jor-El in the present day/revised timeline did not die until Kandor and Clark did not learn about the alternate/doomed future until 2 episodes later, Pandora. You would think that since he seemed to have trusted Zod more in the alternate timeline and let the towers go online in that future that he would have found out even sooner perhaps that Alia had killed Jor-El so that her execution would have happened even earlier than it did for her present day counterpart.

The whole thing was just written badly imo. Alia had no motive to do it, hardly any background on her was given and a character like that shouldn't be the one to have killed a major character like the Jor-El clone. They never even explained how she had powers under red & yellow solar conditions. I made another thread a long time ago speculating that she was actually Brainiac since he's the only one who ever had powers under both types of solar radiation, but we all know that was never revealed.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎