Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm positive that Lex killed Jor-El

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say Tess had one of her cronies pick him off at long range. She probably had Jor-El followed after Zod released him.

We'll probably know next episode who did it.

Comment

I don't think it's Tess because that doesn't align with her endgame. She doesn't want Zod dead. If she wanted Zod dead, she could have killed him herself in Kandor when his back was turned as he looked at the S crest.

Tess' motives and endgame are clear--she wants to use the Kandorians for all their innovations like she's been doing with the kryptonite heart & the solar towers. There is a lot more technology where those came from that Tess can capitalize on. But at the same time, she keeping them all preoccupied because when the time is right she has to get Clark and the Kandorians to kill each other. Nothing's clearer than this. Tess could have told Clark about Zod ever since the Kandorians left the mansion. She knew he was the Blur even before he revealed it to her in Kandor. Hell, she had a Blur shirt in her possession when she's never even seen the Blur's getup before, and I blame that idiot Chloe for trusting Stuart for that. She's continuing to trust all the wrong people & didn't learn jack from Jimmy's death. But that's another story.

The bottom line is Tess is walking a damn fine line & is doing a very dangerous balancing act. She made it clear back in Crossfire how the key to the balance & to her partnership with Zod is to make sure the Kandorians never get their powers. Once they do--and they will after seeing future Alia get her powers--everything will go out the window and Tess' endgame will bite her in the ass. Tess is not a Lionel-like figure who is ruthless because she wishes to help Clark by getting him to do drastic things he never would do. Her nature is to exploit everyone by getting all the technology needed to make her company become #1 and when she feels the time is right, she will incite both sides (Clark & the Kandorians) to kill each other. And a superpowered Clark vs. non-powered Kandorians to Tess is a fair fight. I don't think she ever knew that the Kandorians would not have superpowers. When she found out that this was the case after they occupied the mansion for 3 weeks, her gameplan changed. I don't know what possessed her to even want them released from the beginning. We do know that she did something with the black Brainiac crystal since I believe the orb told her to destroy it, but that can't be done by anyone other than a Kryptonian as was the case with Kara's crystal. I'm sure she's keeping it somewhere as a failsafe because she didn't trust the orb from day 1. And I think a big part of Tess' plan is that to her, Clark is naive and she can convince him to save her ass when her own plans of exploitation come back to bite her. But it won't work & he will be too busy cleaning up the mess she's created and that will be the end of Tess.

And such a mess created by Lex's "successor" is a perfect scenario for Lex to return and reclaim his empire while doing away with Tess. I have a good feeling this is what they're setting up. Lex would never have done anything this sloppy. I can remember one of Lex's henchmen telling Tess in Plastique "Mr. Luthor would have us terminate the problem" regarding Bette & her powers. And Tess' reply to him was that she's not Lex. And boy is this ever apparent with her orb plan. Lex would have never done what she did and upon his return, he will be pissed. That's why I think Lex is the #1 candidate to be Jor-El's killer. He knows that if he kills Jor-El, that would get Clark to dispose of Clark & the Kandorians. Lex doesn't trust Clark, but he would rather deal with him & do away with all other aliens than take on the Kandorians by himself. And by Lex killing Jor-El, it would not only get Clark pissed off enough to kill Zod & maybe even the rest of the Kandorians, but it would also corrupt Clark so that once Clark is done cleaning up Tess' mess, Lex could move in & try to kill Clark when he's at his weakest.

Comment

I don't think it was Lex that killed Jor-el I think it was one of Zod followers that killed him.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          I don't think it's Tess because that doesn't align with her endgame. She doesn't want Zod dead. If she wanted Zod dead, she could have killed him herself in Kandor when his back was turned as he looked at the S crest.

Tess' motives and endgame are clear--she wants to use the Kandorians for all their innovations like she's been doing with the kryptonite heart & the solar towers. There is a lot more technology where those came from that Tess can capitalize on. But at the same time, she keeping them all preoccupied because when the time is right she has to get Clark and the Kandorians to kill each other. Nothing's clearer than this. Tess could have told Clark about Zod ever since the Kandorians left the mansion. She knew he was the Blur even before he revealed it to her in Kandor. Hell, she had a Blur shirt in her possession when she's never even seen the Blur's getup before, and I blame that idiot Chloe for trusting Stuart for that. She's continuing to trust all the wrong people & didn't learn jack from Jimmy's death. But that's another story.

The bottom line is Tess is walking a damn fine line & is doing a very dangerous balancing act. She made it clear back in Crossfire how the key to the balance & to her partnership with Zod is to make sure the Kandorians never get their powers. Once they do--and they will after seeing future Alia get her powers--everything will go out the window and Tess' endgame will bite her in the ass. Tess is not a Lionel-like figure who is ruthless because she wishes to help Clark by getting him to do drastic things he never would do. Her nature is to exploit everyone by getting all the technology needed to make her company become #1 and when she feels the time is right, she will incite both sides (Clark & the Kandorians) to kill each other. And a superpowered Clark vs. non-powered Kandorians to Tess is a fair fight. I don't think she ever knew that the Kandorians would not have superpowers. When she found out that this was the case after they occupied the mansion for 3 weeks, her gameplan changed. I don't know what possessed her to even want them released from the beginning. We do know that she did something with the black Brainiac crystal since I believe the orb told her to destroy it, but that can't be done by anyone other than a Kryptonian as was the case with Kara's crystal. I'm sure she's keeping it somewhere as a failsafe because she didn't trust the orb from day 1. And I think a big part of Tess' plan is that to her, Clark is naive and she can convince him to save her ass when her own plans of exploitation come back to bite her. But it won't work & he will be too busy cleaning up the mess she's created and that will be the end of Tess.

And such a mess created by Lex's "successor" is a perfect scenario for Lex to return and reclaim his empire while doing away with Tess. I have a good feeling this is what they're setting up. Lex would never have done anything this sloppy. I can remember one of Lex's henchmen telling Tess in Plastique "Mr. Luthor would have us terminate the problem" regarding Bette & her powers. And Tess' reply to him was that she's not Lex. And boy is this ever apparent with her orb plan. Lex would have never done what she did and upon his return, he will be pissed. That's why I think Lex is the #1 candidate to be Jor-El's killer. He knows that if he kills Jor-El, that would get Clark to dispose of Clark & the Kandorians. Lex doesn't trust Clark, but he would rather deal with him & do away with all other aliens than take on the Kandorians by himself. And by Lex killing Jor-El, it would not only get Clark pissed off enough to kill Zod & maybe even the rest of the Kandorians, but it would also corrupt Clark so that once Clark is done cleaning up Tess' mess, Lex could move in & try to kill Clark when he's at his weakest.
          While I do believe Lex is currently plotting something in the background (I don't think he blew up), I just do not see where he fits into this story. Sure, I think if the writers CHOSE to do it, they could have Lex be the culprit. But are they really willing to put him back into the story when they don't even know if MR is coming back? They did it once, and IMO it failed miserably. Sorry, but a line like "Lex killed your father. Not Zod." wouldn't add much impact unless MR walked through the door right there. But the showrunners aren't sure if that happens. And IF it does, it wouldn't be until the finale of the series, which could very well be over a year from now. So while they could give us one line about how Lex did it, I honestly don't see the point unless they bring him back. And by next year, will anyone care who killed the clone of Jor-El? That issue will be dead and buried. While I like how you think outside the box, I just feel as if Lex doesn't really factor into this story at this point. I'd rather Lex come back later and kill Zod and/or Tess, and take back his throne that way. Oh how that would be epic.

Comment

Tess had been tapping/hacking Lois' computer for weeks, And definately keeping track of Clark since Doomsday eps - So her seeing what the Blur outfit looks like wouldn't be difficult & copying the shirt even easier.

She has her own plans in Clark's future & kept the knowledge of the kandorians to herself for the technology -because as yet CK doesn't trust her & she knows he'll likely stop her.

She handed Jor-el to Zod after explaining he'd need to make a sacrifice.
            We don't know what she meant by that exactly, it no doubt had more meaning than jor-el thought. She just used jor-el's protective instinct for CK to her own advantage giving her the chance to locate Zod's people with the tracking device on Jor-el.

She was watching Jor-el's movements when CK burst in & when Clark didn't believe her she knew she couldn't allow CK to find out she'd asked Jor-el to sacrifice himself.
            As soon as Clark left the mansion - She ordered jor-el shot.

Not Zod or his men, Not Lex it was Tess.
            She IS playing a dangerous game made more so because she isn't aware Zod now knows about Clark.

makes more sense to me
            Last edited by montage; 11-09-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squall7
              But are they really willing to put him back into the story when they don't even know if MR is coming back? They did it once, and IMO it failed miserably. Sorry, but a line like "Lex killed your father. Not Zod." wouldn't add much impact unless MR walked through the door right there. But the showrunners aren't sure if that happens. And IF it does, it wouldn't be until the finale of the series, which could very well be over a year from now. So while they could give us one line about how Lex did it, I honestly don't see the point unless they bring him back. And by next year, will anyone care who killed the clone of Jor-El? That issue will be dead and buried. While I like how you think outside the box, I just feel as if Lex doesn't really factor into this story at this point. I'd rather Lex come back later and kill Zod and/or Tess, and take back his throne that way. Oh how that would be epic.
              This is why I think they will leave it open by a certain time later this season. If Michael can return, they will have it be Lex who did it. And I do think there's a chance they could bring him back this season & have him back as a main for 1 more complete season since he's not really doing anything. I'm pretty sure Tess will be killed in the season finale and that's probably why they'd want Lex back by the end of the season.

Lex belongs in the storyline because he hates aliens, especially Zod for possessing him. And he would be furious to find out that someone is using his money to work with Zod & company rather than exterminate them at once (like Lex would).

----- Added 32 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by montage
              Tess had been tapping/hacking Lois' computer for weeks, And definately keeping track of Clark since Doomsday eps - So her seeing what the Blur outfit looks like wouldn't be difficult & copying the shirt even easier.
              But there's nothing in her computer that would show how the Blur's costume looks like. Nobody has ever gotten a photo of the costume. So I don't agree here.

She has her own plans in Clark's future & kept the knowledge of the kandorians to herself for the technology -because as yet CK doesn't trust her & she knows he'll likely stop her.
              Of course. Because Tess believes that the ends justify the means and is willing to sacrifice the Earth for the power that comes with the Kandorians' technology. Clark would never allow her to put the world in danger for technology that Tess primarily would benefit from. Tess doesn't give a crap because if she did, she would have never tried to help release the Kandorians after seeing what Davis Bloome, another Kryptonian, turned out to be. She's blinded by her quest for power and & insane in that way.

She handed Jor-el to Zod after explaining he'd need to make a sacrifice.
              But actually going through with the sacrifice may not have been her plan. Her plan was to keep up the illusion of Zod thinking Jor-El was the Blur. My responses below go into detail about this & debunk the notion of Tess' plan as actually being to sacrifice Jor-El to keep Zod thinking that he was the Blur.

She was watching Jor-el's movements when CK burst in & when Clark didn't believe her she knew she couldn't allow CK to find out she'd asked Jor-el to sacrifice himself.
              As soon as Clark left the mansion - She ordered jor-el shot.
              It's possible. But I doubt it because Jor-El is too smart for Tess to want dead. If there was anyone she could get the most technology out of, it was Jor-El. And given how she knew Zod didn't know about Clark & how he assumed Jor-El was the Blur, her plan regarding Jor-El may not have been to sacrifice Jor-El, but use him to track down Zod & the Kandorians' hideout. She has to know where they are now since she had a tracking device on Jor-El & knew where Zod & the others took him.

Not Zod or his men, Not Lex it was Tess.
              She IS playing a dangerous game made more so because she isn't aware Zod now knows about Clark.
              I still think it's Lex. He's the only one who wants aliens dead no questions asked. Zod had a chance to kill Jor-El & didn't. Tess also had a chance to kill him. But Tess' plan for Jor-El was not to kill Jor-El for the sake of killing him. If Tess wanted Jor-El dead, it was to keep up the illusion to Zod that he was the Blur. But that didn't happen. Zod found out the truth. Even though Tess doesn't know it, she does know that sacrificing Jor-El would not make a lick of difference because Clark would not give up being the Blur even after Jor-El's death. And Zod would know that Jor-El wasn't the Blur when Clark continues to do his saves as the Blur. So this eliminates Tess' motive for killing Jor-El.

After analyzing everything, only Lex (or maybe Chloe if she's much more messed up than she's lettin on) has the real motive to kill Jor-El. Tess setting up Jor-El as a sacrifice logically only makes sense if her motive was to find out Zod's whereabouts, which she failed to do every time. She couldn't expect Jor-El's death to have done anything but slightly delay Zod finding out the truth. If anything, Jor-El being dead was worse because that would rule him out & confirm that the Blur is someone else. The only one who wants Jor-El dead just for being Jor-El is Lex.
              Last edited by xrayvision; 11-12-2009, 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                Ah, but my theory is that Lex wasn't confined to a chair. Echo gave me the clue.

Before reading this theory, you need to read its precursor (read the 1st post):
                Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

Then read this post:
                Post your wildest theories, speculation, musings about what's going to happen on the show. ALL threads containing spoilers must be marked with the word SPOILER in the subject line.

From here, it should be apparent that Lex could have easily set up a cyborg version of himself to appear to be confined to a respirator. We must remember Clark's lines from Odyssey after Oliver told him that no sign of Lex was found in the Arctic:

Clark: I escaped...without my powers.

So if a powerless Clark escaped the Fortress without being in the same state that the Bride & Requiem "Lex" was in, then the real Lex could have done the same. On top of that, no sign of Lex was found. So neither Tess nor Regan found him. Yet, we're supposed to believe Regan was all of a sudden supervising the Prometheus Project (the suit) for Lex in Power when he was unable to find him in Odyssey, which was 6 weeks after Arctic? Something stinks here. I'm sure Lex had a cyborg commissioned by Toyman & made everyone (like Regan) believe it was the real Lex. And the events in Requiem was Lex's revenge against Clark, Lana, and Oliver. He successfully split up Clark & Lana & we know why he hates them. Lana & Oliver were also hunting Lex, like in Bride when they were in Cuba. So by sending Toyman after Oliver, he hoped that Oliver would be dead. Then he would use that kryptonite bomb to make Clark & Lana choose. He knew what Clark's choice would be & knew Clark would be so pissed he would want to kill him. So that was Lex's bait to get Clark to kill him (a cyborg version with real skin/DNA). Instead Oliver beat him to it & his plan was switched to Oliver instead.

I also think the Lex we saw in Echo could be a holograph projection of the real Lex. I think he's really around doing stuff in the background. There's no way he only had 1 way to spy on Tess.

I totally agree with u. Except for 1 thing. When u said that we Know Michael Rosenbaum wasnt playing him. I think he very well COULD have been playing him. watch that scene again. And Pause it and look very closely. It looks EXACTLY like Michael Rosenbaum. Now dont get me wrong because your could be 100 percent right,but the resemblance is UNCANNY. It very well MIGHT have been Rosenbaum. Give it a look over again. I keep watching it and every time it looks JUST like him. He could have just been uncredited for surprise reasons or something.

Comment

This is by far the the most ridicolous theroy I have read. Zod killed him. He released Jor El to follow him once he found where he was going he killed him. Simple as that. Or had someone kill him. Chloe killing Jor El??????? Wow thats something well thats obviously not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LBDII
                    This is by far the the most ridicolous theroy I have read. Zod killed him. He released Jor El to follow him once he found where he was going he killed him. Simple as that. Or had someone kill him. Chloe killing Jor El??????? Wow thats something well thats obviously not going to happen.
                    Zod had no reason to kill him. If Zod had assaulted him to the point of mortally wounding Jor-El, he would have jeopardized his chances of finding Jor-El's son, since there was no guarantee that Jor-El would have lived long enough to reach Clark. It makes no sense for it to be Zod. Neither does it make sense for it to be Tess.

Lex makes the most sense as it would suit every single motive of his. Tess' willingness to sacrifice Jor-El was primarily to find out where Zod was hiding out (which she should now know since she had a tracking device on him). Zod wanted Jor-El to lead him to Clark and assaulting him to the point of death would jeopardize that very objective. Zod was not stupid to kill Jor-El and piss off Clark, who unlike the entire Kandorian army did have powers, when he knew that Clark would come back to kill him & would have a huge advantage over him. Zod wanted to trick Clark to join him, and killing Jor-El (who still showed faith & friendship towards Zod) would ruin his chances. Lex killing Jor-El would be because Tess nor anyone else was willing to do it & he hates all Kryptonians, especially Zod for possessing him in Vessel.

Comment

Lex is not dead. Do you really think Tess could outwit "THE Lex Luthor" and truly get rid of all surveillance? C'mon, its Lex Luthor we're talking about. Whether this theory has merit or not, I don't know, but I like it. Lex is Superman's main foe, he wouldn't be defeated or outsmarted in any way by someone like Tess. He's too good. I can buy into Lex killing Jor-El, because for one, it's not really Jor-El, its a clone. I do believe Lex is somewhere in the shadows, watching all of this transpire. He's trying to find a way to bring Clark down so that Clark will join him, because we all know that's what Lex always wants, Superman as his partner/bodyguard so he can rule the world. And as for the writers... Let's remember that this is a different team of writers and producers this season and so far, they've done a really good job setting everything up. And they wouldn't show a 'cyborg' Toyman and an image of Lex in the window without some sort of motive behind it. They've got some idea in mind, prly hoping that MR will come back at some point to help finish out the series!

And I agree, Zod did not kill Jor-El. He would have no motive for doing so because Jor-El poses no threat to him, AND has information he wants and needs. I don't know if it was Lex, but I can see it as a possibility.
                      Last edited by I_am_LEX; 11-17-2009, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Except all Lex theories are DOA because Michael has explicitly stated he will not come back to show and sorry to disappoint my fans.

As for the Cyborg Toyman, being as though the Toyman is probably the only person on the earth who can make it, and what not, I don't know, I don't see him making a Lex Luthor Cyborg.

The image in the mirror was just Oliver's imagination running wild, showing him what he will become. Sorry. You're giving the writers here more credit than anyone deserves.

And Yes, Lex is smart, but you have to realize, Lex Luthor here is not the Lex Luthor of the comics.
                        And that's saying something.
                        Also in one comic Lana Lang is the owner of Lexcorp.
                        I think it was Trinity.

For all intensive purposes, it can't be Lex. Even if you attribute to him, God-like powers, he still couldn't explain how he knew what was going on from "Signal Jammed." onwards.

Sorry, Lex is gone. Maybe critically injured somewhere in a coma, but don't attribute to Lex Luthor, anything of Superman's. The odd thing, Superman is indeed smarter than Lex Luthor.

I mean, in the comics Clark can read as fast as Brainiac-Chloe on the show.

So long story short, I won't bet on Lex until I see even more proof.
                        So, until that day, I shall state it could have been Chloe.
                        When the ends justify the means, killing your friend's father may not be as impossible as it sounds.

Comment

Really I allways thought that Lex was still alive I mean he has a future with Superman so He has to survive! You Have to face some things in smallville, Clark Kent will never be with Lana they are not meant for each other!Johnathan Kent was was prefated to Die of a heart attack! Lex Luther Cant Die! and lois can never find out Clark Kents Secret Untill He becomes SUPERMAN!

look Lex's suposed death is because the Actor Left the show, So while He is not on screen He is alive and Doing somthing in the Background. I dont think he was hurt that bad in season 7, If clark survived with out his powers Lex did to the who thought that he was Screwed up so Bad goes against his whole life since the metor shower! He allways survives unscathed.

The orignals Posters Theroy Is sound, the fact that the implant in Tess's Brian was removed makes no Diference we have learned Lex is takes a Chess masters Aproach to life out thinking your Opponent by figuring out what they will do! so I am sure he Is still watching Tess and is well aware of what is going on in his mansion! hell who know who else Lex Lojacked lol
                          Last edited by SuperKesosip; 11-18-2009, 09:12 AM. Reason: Rewording to make Idea clear

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB1111
                            Except all Lex theories are DOA because Michael has explicitly stated he will not come back to show and sorry to disappoint my fans.

As for the Cyborg Toyman, being as though the Toyman is probably the only person on the earth who can make it, and what not, I don't know, I don't see him making a Lex Luthor Cyborg.

The image in the mirror was just Oliver's imagination running wild, showing him what he will become. Sorry. You're giving the writers here more credit than anyone deserves.

And Yes, Lex is smart, but you have to realize, Lex Luthor here is not the Lex Luthor of the comics.
                            And that's saying something.
                            Also in one comic Lana Lang is the owner of Lexcorp.
                            I think it was Trinity.

For all intensive purposes, it can't be Lex. Even if you attribute to him, God-like powers, he still couldn't explain how he knew what was going on from "Signal Jammed." onwards.

Sorry, Lex is gone. Maybe critically injured somewhere in a coma, but don't attribute to Lex Luthor, anything of Superman's. The odd thing, Superman is indeed smarter than Lex Luthor.

I mean, in the comics Clark can read as fast as Brainiac-Chloe on the show.

So long story short, I won't bet on Lex until I see even more proof.
                            So, until that day, I shall state it could have been Chloe.
                            When the ends justify the means, killing your friend's father may not be as impossible as it sounds.
                            I don't think we've seen the last of Lex. Souders is reaching out to Michael and even if Michael never returns, I think we will see some form of Lex, whether it's a recast Lex or Lex's shadowy silhouette. Setting up his return is something they must do now given how he is the key enemy of Superman and this series could be within 12 episodes of ending after tomorrow night's episode.

Comment

Hmm, perhaps, but something tells me Smallville has already departed the rails of the mythos train...
                              He's fought Doomsday, sort of, he's fought Metallo, he's fought the Toy-Man.
                              He's going to meet a certain guy who wears a funny mask and carries around an nth metal mace.

So, I think yeah, Lex is gone for the foreseeable future. Also, you apparently haven't heard, they will have a 10th season.
                              I don't see any reason this is the last season at all. The ratings are good, even for a Friday night, and there's almost no reason to suggest that there will only be 12 more episodes...

I know everyone loves to give Lex Luthor, the greatest Criminal Mastermind of All time, great amount of credit, but the man is mortal, and vastly susceptible to certain things, such as dying...and being blown up, and shot, stabbed, poised, electrocuted, etc. Hey he's Rasputin!

The only real reason that they never got rid of Lex in the comics, is because it's entertaining to read about the man.

Honestly, he should have outlived his use in the Silver age, but hey, people love him. So do I, but I don't like it when people attribute to him God-Like powers.
                              Such as Omniscience, (I know what everyone is doing!) to omnipresence (No one can hide from me! I am everywhere!"
                              There's only one left, and that's kind of reserved for Superman.

Comment

After seeing the events that happened in Persuasion, where Alia confessed to killing Jor-El, I wanted to add that it's possible that she was persuaded into taking the blame since Jor-El knew her & would have ID'd her as his attacker when asked by Clark. Plus she escorted him when ordered by Zod to release him, so it wouldn't be as if a bag was put over his head where he wouldn't see his attacker. Even if Alia put a bag over his head, then he would know she would be the attacker. Also, if I remember correctly, there were 2 Kandorians who escorted Jor-El as he was taken out of the mansion.

Given that the entire episode Persuasion was about a type of kryptonite that can persuade someone to do things, is it hard to believe that Alia had the kryptonite used against her to take the blame of Jor-El's murder by Lex? Maybe, if you consider the writers' abilities to connect the dots with continuity.
                                Last edited by xrayvision; 11-07-2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎