No announcement yet.

I'm positive that Lex killed Jor-El

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidB1111
    Obvious thinly veiled insult is obvious.
    He died from being stabbed or shot. Saying Chloe couldn't do it is like saying Lex Luthor is actually Darkseid in disguise. Except that you know, Chloe could have done it. I urge you to keep reading more about what the writers are doing to Chloe.

Honestly, you're kind of getting redundant. "Chloe can never do any wrong." "Chloe would never be evil."
    Chloe killed a man, and planted cameras in Clark's house. It is really such a stretch to see Chloe murdering Jor-el to get Clark to destroy Zod?

I am redundant? I am not the one who is posting multiple theories about how Chloe is somehow a villian, now that is what I call redundant.

Chloe could not have killed Jor-el, it would make no sense with what she actually did in 'Kandor'.

Comment

It's not Chloe. I don't think it's Zod. I'm doubtful it's Lex. It could be Tess cuz of the tracking device.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if it was Tess because then she could say that she was only doing it because she knew it would make Clark angry enough to stop Zod and kill him or something. It'll be interesting to find out what actually happened. I hope it's answered in "Pandora" because Tess/Zod aren't in "Idol" which means probably not explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
          I am redundant? I am not the one who is posting multiple theories about how Chloe is somehow a villian, now that is what I call redundant.

Chloe could not have killed Jor-el, it would make no sense with what she actually did in 'Kandor'.
          [MOD EDIT]

I admit I can be a little redundant, but keep in mind, no one is perfect.

Look, Chloe could have killed Jor-el in order to set up Clark to go and destroy Zod. Don't ask me why, exactly, I'm trying to figure it out. But it's the only way that makes sense.

Heck, I don't see what the problem is with entertaining the notion that Chloe is becoming Evil.
          Superman has killed people, at least 5.
          Last edited by WickedJenn; 11-09-2009, 04:56 PM. Reason: Rule #10

Comment

tmchale1970 It couldnt not be tess, he had to be Zod, why else he was at the farm having the evil grin..he made sure, jor el was release, he knew he would take him straight to kalel. no other way zod could find out kalel was hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefreak1x1
              It's not Chloe. I don't think it's Zod. I'm doubtful it's Lex. It could be Tess cuz of the tracking device.
              Actually that makes a lot of sense with Tess, with how she has been trying to motivate 'The Blur' to be a hero.

Zod is also likely as Zod let Jor-el go, but he was not happy with him. So he used Jor-el just to find out were the 'Blur' was. Plus Zod already has the motivation as he is angry at Jor-el for not cloning his son.

Comment

Originally posted by squall7
                That's easily explained away. Jor-El could have just been saying that to prevent Clark from letting his emotions bring Zod to justice. He knows that Clark will have to face Zod, but if he told him right there that Zod was the killer, Clark would stop at nothing to find him and do something rash. I'm sure Clark will find out Zod killed him (if he did), but by then he would have cooled down a bit.

With that said the situation does seem a little fishy. Jor-El should have known that Zod would follow him to Clark's. And he made it that far with that severe stab wound? I don't think it's Lex. If anyone, it's Tess. Perhaps it's her way of making Clark angry enough to go and kill Zod. She's done it before, and she knows she's responsible for releasing the Kandorians. AND she knows how Clark is now when he's angry, especially when it has to do with his father. If it wasn't Zod, it was Tess. Not Lex.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Tess WOULD kill Jor-El if it meant that Clark defeat the Kandorians before they get their powers. Zod and the others are a huge threat to her, by killing Jor-El and making it seem like it was Zod, she's provoking an angry Clark to go after him. Look at the smirk on her face when Clark left the mansion after the Tess chokehold. Right there she figured out his true weakness.

We all know that Tess would go to extreme measures to see Clark bring people to her form of "justice", like destroying a crystal that would send Doomsday to the phantom zone and solve everyones problems.

And again, the reason Jor-El didn't tell Clark who killed him, and because he knew that with a target, an angry, emotional Clark with superpowers could be very very dangerous.
                I said it in another thread that Jor-El isn't the type to lie or hide the truth from his own son. Especially after being proud of his son who was a grown man who could handle the truth. So if Zod did it, Jor-El would have told him.

And I know Tess didn't do it because she had so many chances at killing Zod herself and failed. She could have easily killed the leader himself so many times, including in Kandor again when he was in the mansion. A quick bullet to the head would do the job. Killing Zod would derail everything. But that's not what Tess wants. There's no way Tess would want a scientist like Jor-El dead when the only thing Tess is in the game for is to milk the Kandorians for every piece of technology they have before getting them to kill each other. That is Tess' endgame. Had Tess been on Clark's side she would have told him about Zod ASAP. Hell, she would have told him that Zod is the CEO of RAO---a company run & totally owned by Kryptonians. How hard would it really be to find them?

There's only one person who would want a Kryptonian dead no questions asked...one person who would want them dead without exploiting or milking them and want them dead just for the sake of ridding the Earth of more aliens. That's Lex. And his primary motive for doing it would not only kill one alien (Jor-El) but in his plan would lead to the death of Zod too and maybe the rest of the bunch. If the Lex cyborg theory I posted & C Redfield tweaked is right, then Lex killing Jor-El to motivate Clark killing Zod is just like Lex getting Lana to absorb the kryptonite in the bomb in Requiem to seperate Clark & Lana to motivate Clark to kill the Lex cyborg in the truck (who Clark would think was Lex). But in this case, it has an added benefit of having Zod as a casualty on top of Clark destroying/corrupting himself, whereas with the Lex cyborg--it was solely about getting Clark to destroy/corrupt himself (like Oliver wound up doing).

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by tonnmiister
                Its a nice theory xrayvision, but this is the retconning, continuity murdering writers we've come to know, I just think that squall7 is probably right, its Tess.

However, I'm still a little upset that Oliver isn't some sort of Lex-puppet
                I think they're leaving it open-ended for now because they want it to be Lex. If they could get Michael back, it will be Lex. So I'm saying their primary intentions are to have Lex be the killer. If that doesn't work out, then it would be someone else.
                Last edited by xrayvision; 11-07-2009, 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                  I said it in another thread that Jor-El isn't the type to lie or hide the truth from his own son. Especially after being proud of his son who was a grown man who could handle the truth. So if Zod did it, Jor-El would have told him.
                  Sorry to burst your bubble but Jor-el did keep a secret from his son. The existance of the Kandorian clones.

Comment

squall7 I agree with you on the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                      Sorry to burst your bubble but Jor-el did keep a secret from his son. The existance of the Kandorian clones.
                      That is AI Jor-El. And we don't know if AI Jor-El knows about that. AI Jor-El has been written very inconsistently. Like what he did to Clark at the end of Blue when he knew Bizarro was out there. I don't believe that if he knew about the Kandorians, he would have kept it a secret. It seems like he only knew about them once Clark showed him a photo of Alia at the Ace of Clubs offscreen in Roulette. If he would have known about the clones & about one of them being Jor-El himself, he would have instructed Clark to find him ASAP.

Comment

Short on time, so I'll just comment on Zod...

Jor-El said he didn't know who killed him. He didn't say "some guy." He said he didn't know...which means he probably didn't even see his face. So it could be someone he knew. Zod needed Jor-El to lead him to Kal-El, and he did. No further need to keep him alive, he kills Jor-El in disguise or from behind or something.

As for Lex, I would be more inclined to agree with the condition that they're leaving it open in case they can't get MR back.

Comment

All it is is that Zod wanted to get him out, not totally kill him, because Zod was just upset and had already gotten his answers. But his people didn't understand, and were sure that Jor-El was a trador. Without any thought I just assumed that in anger they stabbed him before dumping him somewhere, not outright defying Zod, since Zod didn't say not to kill him. But they still wanted to kill him, since they didn't know what Zod did, so they just let nature take its course with his wound. Justifying it with the fact that they still released him, and therefore did not technically disobey Zod, who, if he really wanted Jor-El dead, would've done it himself. I'm not saying Zod cares about Jor-El, but it was just that he didn't even care enough to kill him or give him mercy, because all he really wants are his powers, and he had gotten all he needed from Jor-El. Though Zod later might have killed Jor-El, due to the last scene with him looking at Clark with the grave. Or, he could've just found out later. But I'm sticking with the notion that it was his followers who killed Jor-El.

Comment

So if Zod's followers stabbed Jor-El - Don't you think Jor-El would've noticed that ?

Jor-El said he didn't know who did it , I think Tess had him killed to force Clark further on his destiny.
                            Having Jor-El around would hinder any influence she hopes to have with Clark.

----- Added 18 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
                            That is AI Jor-El. And we don't know if AI Jor-El knows about that. AI Jor-El has been written very inconsistently. Like what he did to Clark at the end of Blue when he knew Bizarro was out there. I don't believe that if he knew about the Kandorians, he would have kept it a secret. It seems like he only knew about them once Clark showed him a photo of Alia at the Ace of Clubs offscreen in Roulette. If he would have known about the clones & about one of them being Jor-El himself, he would have instructed Clark to find him ASAP.
                            I would have thought A.I Jor-El would know about the Orb & Kandorians, as it was supposed to have the knowledge of the 28 galaxies & it knew about Doomsday- created after the Orb.

Also i don't think the A.I. knew Bizarro was still around until eps 9 or 10 .
                            He released Clark as soon as Bizarro went to the Fortress.
                            Last edited by montage; 11-09-2009, 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If Tess killed Jor-El to push Clark to his destiny then that is just retarded. The writers have no idea what to do with Tess. People complain about Jor-El being poorly written, it has nothing on Tess. She wants Clark to be a savior, but kills or tries to kill almost anything that would make Clark a real hero. She releases the Kandor with no idea what is really going to happen, but she is so super smart to have all these contigence plans like putting devices on Jor-el and sending troops to the farms. It seems like every scene is she out-wited, she smiles at the camera and somehow magically she is able to outwit everyone. I am hoping by the end of the season, Zod kills her. She and Chloe are basically useless for the show especially if they are talking to MR about coming back. The show should be focusing more on Clark getting the league together while the Krypto clones start trying to get their powers. There is no need for Tess after Zod knows she has been lying to him and Lois is a better sidekick then Chloe is at this time.

Comment

I still say Tess had Jor-El killed -
                                RETARDED or not, it's a theory thats relevant to the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎