Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You've had feelings for Lois since like, the 1930s..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved it too! Thought it was a nice little shout out. Look guys- it was *meant* to be obvious. Chloe said it pretty dramatically humorous.

And Clark did not strictly have feelings for Lana in season 1-8. They've been playing in the Clois angle ever since she was introduced in what, S4? That was kinda the point of bringing her in... They've always shown the attraction there. Only lately have they really shown him acknowledging it, and considering pursuing it.

I remember a friend once telling me I wouldn't believe who she liked. I started guessing way off base. Soon as she confessed who he was, I was like, well sure, *that* I knew. Everyone knows. LOL.
    Last edited by smallvillefics; 11-06-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

It was funny because of the reference to the original comics, but didn't make much sense because Chloe knew Clark liked Lana way before he liked Lois. A good line because a handful of people would get it, but a little forced.

Comment

Yep...I loved it too....as well as Oliver offering to buy Clark a sense of humor....that was great.

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefics
          I loved it too! Thought it was a nice little shout out. Look guys- it was *meant* to be obvious. Chloe said it pretty dramatically humorous.
          ITA ... and remember.. she woke up the 'dead' Clark Kent ... they had ALL last year minus the AoS... and hell.. this has been building since S4 with or without Lana

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillefics
            You said before i could,lol!....Not everything is meant to be taken so seriously.It was supposed to be funny,a little ligheartedness in a serious episode.It was a line for the fans....or maybe i should say "certain fans"

Comment

it was a rather odd quote to say it made me laugh but it totally came out of nowhere, such whack writing.

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                It was certainly a nod to the mythos, yeah, but c'mon... it was really weird coming from Chloe considering that Clark had pretty much a one-track mind on Lana from Seasons 1-7, and even for a piece of Season 8. If anything, he's just only recently (maybe within the past year) started to realize he even had any sort of feelings for her. It seemed like just a line thrown in simply for canon's/iconic stuff's sake, without really having any truth in Smallville history.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

I think Chloe was exaggerating....she didn't literally mean the 1930s people. That date was just used as a nod to the comics/creation of Superman. I think the line was meant to come across as Chloe not being the least bit shocked because she knows how Clark has felt about Lois for the past year or so and has done absolutely nothing about it, until now. So, basically what she was saying was that it was long overdue that Clark make a move on Lois.

Comment

I get that they like to have nods, but I think it was way too forced. I'd rather have a nod that Clark is a reporter like his comics counterpart than something mundane like this.

Comment

I thought it was cute...

until I remembered the reference.

Geez, even Clois got an epic tribute.

Comment

this has been building since S4 with or without Lana
                      er...no they haven't. 5 scenes a year post s4 don't count as build.

Comment

Love the reference about Clois!!

Comment

It took me awhile to figure out what she was talking about, lol. But when it hit me I was like OOH!!! and smiled

Comment

It was a great line. I loved the reference to the comics, and seriously, it was a hyperbole. Chloe wasn't implying that Clark's been in love with Lois for ages and she wasn't hand waving away his history with Lana. It was just a lighthearted exaggeration with a mythos twist. Very cute.

Comment

Originally posted by wingster55

Well 75 years of iconic love story does.

Comment

Originally posted by wingster55
                                well imo they do /shrug.. to each their own .... I've loved their banter since s4 and clearly she was using sarcasm

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎