Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Kandor?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Jessie! Awww, thanks so much for your awesome comments -- that's extremely flattering, and it's great to meet another fellow Chloe fan! And yes, you can definitely call me Jeff. I'm not a professional reviewer, no... Writing and watching Smallville are just two of my favorite hobbies, and combining the two seemed only natural, especially after reading so many other great reviews. You're welcome, and I'll keep on adding reviews as new episodes air. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• kandor

I dient get why Zod and the solidires had no power, but when it got explained I totaly get it
      And if they have come to earth without powers when Doomsday played 666 against everybody then Zod would have no memories of even sent his "son" to earth...
      And it was Tess as always doing evrything right when it benifits her self

Comment

• it was ok

Comment

• I loved this episode, seeing Krypton was wonderful brought back memories of Superman: The Movie. This season of Smallville has been amazing, I really think this show is getting better and better. I thought Callum Blue did some of his best acting as Zod in this episode. Julian Sands was terrific as Jor-El aswell. I loved how they made references to the past in this episode aswell cause I thought for a second they were just gonna skip over Jor-El's previous appearance. I loved how Clark snapped in this episode aswell, when hes pushed you can really see the anger. I'm hoping for a big super-powered showdown in the finale between Clark and Zod. I can't wait to see where this series is going cause so far its been super.

Comment

I'm sorry that I missed this episode in it's original airing because this was one
            of the best episodes that this show has produced to date. A must see episode.
            Julian Sands was awesome. Loved seeing the flashbacks on Krypton. The
            ending was sad, but was necessary. Best episode I've seen since S6. Good
            job, Smallville.

*I realized that Apocolypse was in S7. There was one exceptional episode
            in the last two seasons. Sorry for the mistake.
            Last edited by Glove; 01-16-2010, 07:42 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

• This was a good episode it used to be my favorite.Liked the plot,jor-el comming and the flashbacks

Comment

• I don understand?? why in earlies smallville chapter, they show us a young Jor El with the face of tom welling and they use the voice of Terence stamp and now they chose Julian sand????????? I think it is a lack of respect

Comment

• One of the best in season 9. Not only does it have great performances from Julian Sand and Callum Blue it has beautiful scenery and well everything about it is just great.

I particulary like how they cut or fade into another scene, specially with the flashback stuff.

This was the eight episode and I think this should have been 3rd, 4th or fifth because it was so crucial to the main plot. Heck this set ups the whole kandorian arc. Before this there were these obscure references about the kandorians and the need to find them. Clark didn't even know about Zod before "Kandor".

I liked how they made it logical for Jor-el to visit the Kent farm after "Relic" and I think it was better to have Sand portray him than Welling. There was something about the scenes in Krypton that...it was just like Superman where Marlon Brando played Jor-el. Julian Sand played Jor-el differentaly but...they both were just so classic. When Tess asks Jor-el to make a sacrifice its really heartbreaking!

Besides the Krypton scenes this episode didn't have that much going on in terms of action and I admit Clark didn't have much to do. But this was just so good I can't diss it.

10/10 This and "Pandora" really sold this season for me.

Comment

• So awesome to see the origins back to the war on Krypton and so forth. That had biblical references to the war in heaven between Michael and Lucifer. I think there's more to the story when it already reflects a text viewed by many as sacred.
                    It was great to see this version of how Jor-El and Zod became nemesis- especially when you considered how Zod counteracted not being able to have a son sent to Earth. We know his reaction from Season 8's main storyline of Doomsday, that he would have created Davis in relaliation for Zod not being allowed to send his child to Earth. It helps explain why there were Zod and Jor-El duplicates on Earth now.
                    I'm only slightly disappointed that Clark didn't have more time with Jor-El. That would've been nice to see. But then again, that would've basically compelled the writers to create a Clark-Zod interaction and showdown, which I don't think they quite want yet.
                    It was interesting to see Tess play Zod's side and convince Jor-El to go to Zod and play Kal-El. Then again, it's touching to see that Jor-El would basically put his life at risk on behalf of his son's. That's the same motive he would've had when he sent the boy from Krypton in the first place.
                    9/10. This season is fantastic. Such Superman flavor. Still am pumped about the burning "S" symbol wherever Clark makes a rescue.

Comment

• One of the best episodes of the season. Nice to see them fleshing out Zod's backstory.

This episode does retcon a bit about the Orb and the stones, that created the Fortress, but it's largely retcons that most would likely be okay with. The bit with the Orb, makes more sense than the stuff in season 7. It may even fix it. It's ability to control a Kryptonian (Clark was the only one on Earth, at that time) and that it removed his powers, could retroactively be explained as a built-in safety feature by Jor-El, in case the blue K sabotage failed. If the clones gained their powers and became a threat to humanity, then the Orb could've protected mankind, by allowing them to control the Kryptonians and remove their powers.

Its backstory for the stones also makes more sense, than what we got in season 4. 20 years prior to the destruction of Krypton, Jor-El was tasked to send these stones to Earth, as part of this clone experiment. While preparing for Kal-El's journey to Earth, he must've remembered the stones and decided that the Fortress that they could create, would be a suitably base and teaching tool for his son. The season 4 stuff ties into the Naman prophecies nonsense. Which would imply that Kryptonians knew about their ultimate fate, centuries ago. Again, this episode may even fix the season 4 plotline with the stones. Trying to sabotage the project (and protect humanity), Jor-El arranged to have the stones arrive on Earth, centuries ago (instead of in the 1960's), in an attempt to make them more difficult for the clones to find. He also arranged for the hiding place in China, to be guarded with Kryptonite (in an attempt to keep the clones away). Hence, why the secret chamber was guarded with Kryptonite.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                        This was the eight episode and I think this should have been 3rd, 4th or fifth because it was so crucial to the main plot. Heck this set ups the whole kandorian arc. Before this there were these obscure references about the kandorians and the need to find them. Clark didn't even know about Zod before "Kandor".
                        Actually, this is the seventh episode, not eight.

And I disagree. Seventh was a suitable choice. Zod was the big bad for the season. This means that he has to last 22 episodes. And the faster the hero is made aware of the threat, the faster he should take care of it. Here, Clark learns about Zod's presence in the seventh and meets him in the ninth, after having seen the future Lois visted. If this had been the 3rd episode, it would've been about a month between Clark learning about Zod and meeting him for the first time. Resulting in people wondering why Clark isn't looking for Zod. If "Pandora" had been the fifth episode, things would've gone too fast. Would Zod even have had time to come up with the Solar Tower (introduced in the sixth episode), by that time? And the Kandorians doesn't become much of a threat, until "Persuasion" (13th episode), when the Solar Tower is nearly completed and the following episode, when Zod gains powers. So, you either have everyone dragging their feet from episode 4 to episodes 13 and 14 or you rush everything and Zod gains powers before the tenth episode. Which is 12 episodes before the season finale, which would force them tall stall everything.
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 07-06-2017, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎