• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by redkryptoniteisthebest
    Good episode tonight.
    Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

What episode? there were commercials every 2 seconds

Comment

• Originally posted by Mini Wolfsbane
      ...Why am I the only one freaking out over next week's preview?
      They're introducing the wonder twins, people. The. Wonder. Twins.

Does that not strike fear into the hearts of millions?

It's not that I hate them, I don't, but they don't have a reputation for being awesome as I understand it.
      I don't care for the Wonder Twins. But I read spoilers, so I wasn't surprised. I am still annoyed that they are bringing them in. I just hope they make them tolerable.

Comment

• Ugh missed the ep so will have to watch it later, did Clark make any mention of kissing Lois at all?

How can they just start things up & not even address how Clois parted & what was said after the kiss ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsfjr1190
          She tried calling. Clark was on the plane so the call didn't go through.
          Doesn't Clark have Super Hearing???

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by superhippie2000
          dont think it was doomsday think it was zod real son from the previous marriage.
          Jor-El mentions mutations and stuff which explains that since jor_el didn't help him he took it upon himself to do what jor-el said wasn't a perfect science
          Last edited by realblackhart; 11-06-2009, 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• WTH with Chloe calling Clark and Lois the "Clark and Lois love hour"? And then telling Clark that she ran away from him b/c he kissed her? *pout* Just my preference, I didn't care for that too much. But, I liked her advice otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krypto~Luan
              Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

What episode? there were commercials every 2 seconds
              What are you talking about? I know commercials suck, but the episode was the same length as any other one: the usual 40-43 minutes.

If commercials bother you, do what I usually do and download it off of iTunes or Xbox Live Marketplace the following day. DVD-quality, no commercials. But no complaints about the length of the episode when it was the same as usual. :P

On that note, I DID watch it live on TV tonight, for the first time since episode 2. And wow, that was easily one of the best episodes of the series. They did everything right by explaining what the orb is, how younger versions of Kryptonians were stuck inside, why they have no powers, and they did it without causing a time paradox. This Jor-El can obviously be on Earth since he's just a clone.

Adored the reference to the season 4 storyline. It actually managed to clear it up after all this time.

To those saying you were yelling at the TV, "go to the fortress," why? Do you honestly think the fake AI memory version of Jor-El would save the fake clone version of himself who isn't supposed to exist in the first place? Not a chance. Though I am hoping to see a scene of Clark in the fortress talking to him about the whole ordeal.

Another nice touch: filming on the location of the farm. When was the last time that happened, season 7?

I really could not have been happier with tonight's episode. If they keep this up, season 9 will be the best season of the show.

Excited to see how they handle the Wonder Twins next week. I know they "suck" but let's give the Smallville guys a crack at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeoVGM
                What are you talking about? I know commercials suck, but the episode was the same length as any other one: the usual 40-43 minutes.
                Not all the time. Supernatural once had a 10 or 15 min long commercial break if i remember correctly

This episode felt really short imo, as opposed to last week which felt really long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krypto~Luan
                  Not all the time. Supernatural once had a 10 or 15 min long commercial break if i remember correctly
                  There is NO way they did a 15 minute long commercial break.

But either way, it was the same length of a regular episode, no matter how long it FELT like.
                  This episode felt really short imo, as opposed to last week which felt really long.
                  Some episodes can go by quicker than others. But they're both about the same length either way. It wasn't a short episode.

Comment

• I had thought that Rabid and Metallo were over very quickly, and they actually weren't. It was just that there was SO much information being given to us that we felt that way, possibly. I felt it was fine, and I watched it without commercials, which will obviously make it shorter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeoVGM
                      Adored the reference to the season 4 storyline. It actually managed to clear it up after all this time.

To those saying you were yelling at the TV, "go to the fortress," why? Do you honestly think the fake AI memory version of Jor-El would save the fake clone version of himself who isn't supposed to exist in the first place? Not a chance. Though I am hoping to see a scene of Clark in the fortress talking to him about the whole ordeal.
                      What's the 4th season reference? The football stuff?

Yeah, I agree with you, the clone would probably go to the fortress only if he wanted to kill himself. The Terrence Stamp Jor-El might have welcomed him into the void of nothing and the Sands Jor-El must have known that all along.
                      What's with the Kryptonite that Jor-El found in the farm? Was he maybe trying to restore the powers for himself?

Comment

• Um, me being old, I watch more for content, these days.

I liked the SFX on this episode, nice change of venue/scenery. I felt that the producers spent some bucks on the episode this time, and made it worthy.

Didn't like that Clark didn't remember his Earthly dad Jonathan at all.

I Still don't like it when someone grabs a human by the neck and hoists them up high at arm's length. Truthfully, it's like hanging and they should die instead of gasping. When will the stunt coordinators get this concept? I dunno.

I still feel that Clark doesn't need DramaQueen Oliver to teach him much regarding the ways that humans feel about parents. Clark knows this stuff already and doesn't really need Oliver to show him this kind of stuff.

I "get" that Jor-El was a clone and younger, but I think that the death scene was too short, and if the script writers had taken just a little bit more time, I would have felt the impact of clone-Jorel's death a little bit more with a little more psychic impact.

All in all, this episode was once again "not a keeper" and something I wouldn't pay to have in my DVD archive.

I really Would like to have more seasons of Smallville in my DVD archive. Sadly, this isn't shaping up to be one of those.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎