Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

The Lane-Kent Bunch (The Brady Bunch - Clois style)

Here's the amazing banner that Carol aka ctbn 60 did for me. Thanks, Carol!

SUMMARY: Clark is a widower with three boys and Lois is a widow with three girls. Lois is paired up with Clark when he starts working at The Daily Planet. They eventually start dating, fall in love, and get married.

A/N: The Prologue is a little sad, but don't worry - the humor and romance will come.

AUTHOR: gem65

RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: This is obviously an AU story. Clark and Lois meet for the first time. Lois was never in Smallville. There will be other characters from Superman/Smallville canon that will appear from time to time.

I was getting ready to leave the house when all of a sudden the idea of a Clois version of The Brady Bunch popped into my head. I can't explain why, but it just sounded like a really fun idea.

PROLOGUE

Smallville Cemetery

Clark is standing by himself in front of the coffin; his eyes glistening with unshed tears. Then he feels a tug on his coat and looks down to see a little boy staring up at him. Clark stoops down and picks him up. "Daddy can we go home now?" the little boy asks him.

"Of course we can," touching his face and holding him close to him.

"I want to say goodbye to Mommy first," he says.

Clark looks into his eyes and sets him down on the ground; watching him as he walks up to the coffin and gently places a single pink rose on top of it. "Goodbye Mommy," leaning forward to kiss the lid. Then he walks back to Clark and stands next to him. Clark takes his hand and they walk away; heading towards the black limo. They both climb in, then it pulls away from the curb and heads towards home.

Later that evening, Clark is sitting on the couch in the living room having a beer when there's a knock at the door. He looks up for a moment; placing the beer on the coffee table. He gets up; walking over to it to let Chloe in. "Hey Clark," giving him a brief hug.

"Hey Chloe," returning the hug. Then he lets go of her and closes the door behind her. "What are you doing here Chloe? Not that I mind seeing you that is," a small smile briefly appearing on his face.

"I thought I'd come by and see how you guys are doing," walking into the living room and sitting down on the couch. She glances at the coffee table and notices the bottle of beer. She looks up at him curiously. "Since when do you drink beer?" she asks him.

"I really don't have to justify myself to you," grabbing the beer bottle from the table and taking a slug.

"You don't need to get snippy Clark," raising her eyebrows at him.

He looks down at her. "In case you've missed it, I've had a particularly hard day. So I think I'm entitled to have a beer once in a while," plopping down in his father's old recliner.

She frowns for a moment. "I know you've had a hard day Clark. I'm just concerned about you and the boys."

He puts the bottle down and looks over at her. "I'm sorry Chloe. I didn't mean to snap at you like that. I appreciate your concern. But I can assure you that I'm not going to be drowning my sorrows in alcohol - not that it would affect me anyway," giving her a wink and a smile.

She gets up from the couch and walks over to him; giving him a peck on the cheek, then sitting back down.

"What was that for?" a puzzled expression on his face.

"I haven't seen that smile in over a week," smiling at him. "So...where are the boys anyway? It's awfully quiet around here," she remarks; looking around the room.

"Greg is staying over at a friend's house, Peter is staying at Aunt Nell's, and Bobby is sleeping upstairs," he replies. "What about your children?" he asks her.

"They're at home with Jimmy," she says; leaning back against the couch. "When I left the apartment, he was playing 'hide and seek' with Daniel. And Emily was fast asleep in her crib."

They fall silent for a few minutes; enjoying the quiet. "You know," Clark speaking up. "I'm glad you came over. I have some news that I've wanted to share with you for the last few days."

"Really?" looking over at him. "What is it?"

"I was offered a position as a reporter at the Smallville Gazette."

"Really???" her eyes widening with surprise. "That's great!" getting back up and giving him a big hug; then sitting back down. "When do you start?" she asks.

"Monday," he replies. "At least I'll be able to finally put that journalism degree to good use."

"You know, I've always thought that there was more for you than just this farm Clark."

"I know," he says; a pensive look on his face. "And who knows? Maybe someday I'll hit the big leagues and get a job at the Daily Planet."

Chloe gets up. "We really should celebrate," she says. "Why don't you come over Monday night and have dinner with Jimmy and I? You can even bring the boys?" she says with a smile.

He gets up and looks down at her. "I would love that," smiling at her.

She glances at her watch. "I should probably be heading home," walking over to the door. Clark follows her and opens it for her.

"Thanks Chloe," giving her a peck on the cheek.

"For what Clark?"

"For being my BFF."

"And don't you forget it," winking at him as she walks through the doorway; closing the door behind her...

Metropolis Cemetery - one month later...

Lois is sitting on one of the little chairs facing the coffin; listening to the bugler as he plays 'Taps.' Then the Honor Guard carefully folds the flag that was draping the coffin. Once it's folded, one of them walks over to Lois and stands in front of her; extending it towards her and expressing his sympathies.

"Thank you," she replies; taking the flag from him and laying it in her lap. As soon as the funeral is over, everyone walks towards the coffin to pay their final respects. Lois remains seated; just staring straight ahead and not really paying attention as friends and family come over to her to say goodbye to her and the kids. She continues to sit there until nearly everybody is gone.

Her father comes over and sits down next to her. "I'm sorry Lo', but I have to leave," tentatively taking her hand.

"Of course you do," she replies through clenched teeth. "It doesn't surprise me one bit," throwing his hand off and finally getting up from her chair; leaving the flag there and walking up to the coffin. She stands there; laying her hand on the dark wood. "Just go," not bothering to turn around. He just sighs; turning around and walking away.

Lucy and Chloe walk up to her a couple minutes later. Chloe puts her arm around Lois' shoulder and Lucy takes her hand. "Are you ready to leave yet?" Lucy asks her.

Lois doesn't answer her for a moment. "I guess so," abruptly turning around and walking back to the chair; picking up the flag. She looks around for a moment; her eyes suddenly widening. "Where are my girls?" staring back at Lucy and Chloe.

"Don't panic," Chloe rushing up to her and taking her hands in hers. "They're with Jimmy in the limo."

She bites her lip in an attempt to keep from crying. "It's okay to cry Lois."

"I can't. I just can't. How can he do this to me?" her voice an octave higher than normal.

"He didn't die on purpose Lois," Lucy remarks.

"I'm not talking about him dying Lucy," she retorts.

"Then what are you talking about Lois?" she asks her.

She looks at both of them. "I shouldn't have said anything. Just forget about it," letting go of Chloe's hands and walking towards the limousine.

Lucy turns to Chloe. "Do you have any idea what she's talking about?"

"I do," she replies; continuing to watch as Lois walks away. "But she swore me to secrecy. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she says. "You're closer to my sister than I am. And it's my fault that we're not. After all the crap I put her through while growing up, I don't blame her for confiding in you first. I just hope that someday she'll be able to confide in me too."

"I think that'll happen. Just give her some time," Chloe tells her.

Lois reaches the limo and turns around; looking over at Chloe and Lucy talking. "Are you coming or not?" calling out to them.

"We're coming," Chloe replies; the two of them quickly walking towards her.

That evening, the three of them are sitting at the kitchen table in Lois' apartment. "It was really nice of Jimmy to babysit the girls for me tonight," sipping her coffee. "You're lucky to have someone like him Chloe."

"I am lucky," sitting back in her chair with a smile.

"I hope I find someone like him someday," Lucy says a little wistfully.

"You will," Lois says; taking her hand for a moment, then letting go to sip her coffee again.

"Lois?"

She looks up from her coffee cup. "What Lucy?"

"Back at the cemetery you said 'how can he do this to me.' What did you mean by that?"

"Well..." hesitating for a moment, "I found out a few days before he died that he was cheating on me."

Her eyes widen in disbelief. "He was???"

Lois nods yes. "A letter arrived in the mail a few days ago addressed to me. But when I opened it, there was a letter addressed to someone named 'Vicky' instead. You know what that means."

Lucy stares back at her. "Are you saying..."

"Yep. He put the wrong letter in the wrong envelope. Most likely this 'Vicky' person received the letter he meant for me," a hint of bitterness in her voice.

"I'm so sorry," she says; a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"I was going to ask him for a divorce when he got back next week. Damn sniper," abruptly getting up from her chair and walking over to the refrigerator; opening the door and pulling out a beer. "Do either one of you want one?" she asks them.

"No thanks," they both reply at the same time. She sits back down and opens it; taking a couple slugs, then putting it down on the table. Then she gets up again. "I'm going to call my girls and say goodnight. I'll be right back," pulling out her cell phone while walking to her bedroom and closing the door.

"I can't believe he would do something like that to her," Lucy says to Chloe. "If he were here right now, I'd kill him myself for hurting my sister like that. She deserves better."

"She absolutely does," Chloe replies. "I know that she'll meet someone someday that's worthy of her." The words have just left her mouth when Lois returns.

"Are they okay?" Lucy asks her.

"They're fine," she says; sitting back down. "Marcia is reading a book, Jan is sitting out on the balcony gazing at the stars, and Cindy is sound asleep."

She gets up yet again. "Maybe I should go to bed too," looking down at Lucy and Chloe. "I have to go to work in the morning. You'd think my editor at the Inquisitor would let me take a couple additional days off," a frown on her face. "But I can't afford to tick him off right now. I really need this job. But someday I'll be working at a prestigious paper and not have to put up with this crap. Maybe even the Daily Planet," a smile on her face. Who knows?" finally smiling at them...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here's the link to Chapter 1

THE LANE-KENT BUNCH (LYRICS SLIGHTLY ALTERED)

Here's the story of a lovely lady
    Who was bringing up three very lovely girls.
    All of them had hair of brown like their mother,
    The youngest one in curls.
    Here's the story, of a man named Clark Kent,
    Who was busy with three boys of his own,
    They were four men, living all together,
    Yet they were all alone.
    Till the one day when the lady met this fellow
    And they knew it was much more than a hunch,
    That this group would somehow form a family.
    That's the way we all became the Lane-Kent Bunch.
    The Lane-Kent Bunch,
    The Lane-Kent Bunch,
    That's the way we became the Lane-Kent Bunch.
    Last edited by gem65; 12-14-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Great start. You definitely like putting out stories.

Looking forward to reading more.

It's a sweet story, can't wait for more

DAmmit! 2nd posteR!xD

Quote Originally Posted by There Is No Spoon View Post
    Great start. You definitely like putting out stories.

Looking forward to reading more.
    The idea's been stuck in my head the last couple days so I just had to let it out.

Quote Originally Posted by KryptoInDaHouse View Post
    It's a sweet story, can't wait for more

DAmmit! 2nd posteR!xD
    Glad you liked it. I have a lot of fun ideas for future chapters. But right now I'm going to work on The story of my life next.

Oh Yeah! Another one! This seems like it is really going to be a lot of fun- even with the sad beginning. I watched the Brady Bunch religiously when I was little- almost as much as I watch Smallville and Superman stuff today. I can't wait until the two finally meet.

Quote Originally Posted by superjude View Post
    Oh Yeah! Another one! This seems like it is really going to be a lot of fun- even with the sad beginning. I watched the Brady Bunch religiously when I was little- almost as much as I watch Smallville and Superman stuff today. I can't wait until the two finally meet.
    I'm glad you like it. I watched it when I was a kid too. I just printed an episode guide for the show. I don't think I'll be doing entire episodes because I don't remember all the details. But I will be using some of the basic plot ideas and put a twist on them. It should be fun. And I have a fun idea for how Clark and Lois finally meet. I think you'll really like it.

Great start it was sad can't wait till Lois and Clark meet. ppms

Ooh, fantabulous start. Crazy idea but I love it Mary Ellen.

CLOIS IS EVERYTHING !! doodie8808's Avatar
    CLOIS LOVE PASSION & DESIRE SETS THE COSMOS ABLAZE
    This is cute it should be interesting to see how well the kids interact as well i would not be surprised if lois and clark act childish and the kids follow their example or worse the kids be more adult! Haha!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kari916 View Post
    Great start it was sad can't wait till Lois and Clark meet. ppms
    I know it was sad, but I wanted to establish what was already going on in their lives at the beginning of the story. I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixnz View Post
    Ooh, fantabulous start. Crazy idea but I love it Mary Ellen.
    I know it's crazy, but there's a lot of potential for comedy in this story. I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by doodie8808 View Post
    This is cute it should be interesting to see how well the kids interact as well i would not be surprised if lois and clark act childish and the kids follow their example or worse the kids be more adult! Haha!!!!!!!
    That's certainly a possibility.

Keep going it's really great !

That's very interesting!!!! I can't wait to read more!!! Very good start!!!

Going where I want instead of where I should
    i was looking for something else and what do i see? another story from you mary ellen. i like the premise and if you base it off of eppys of brady bunch it should be hilarious. does clark have a maid?

Quote Originally Posted by cygnusx1 View Post
    i was looking for something else and what do i see? another story from you mary ellen. i like the premise and if you base it off of eppys of brady bunch it should be hilarious. does clark have a maid?
    I'm glad you like it. But I'm not sure about Clark having a maid because both he and his kids would have to hide their powers - that is, if the kids have powers.

That's very interesting!!!! I can't wait to read more!!! Very good start!!!
    Glad you enjoyed it. Like I said, it just popped in my head one day and I finally put something down on paper.

Keep going it's really great!
    Glad you like it. The Prologue may have been sad, but the rest of the story for the most part will be fun. Stay tuned.

Great start!
    Can't wait for more!

I don't how can you write many stories at the same time! Congratulations

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast