Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by winthjo View Post
    Any update soon?
    It's funny you ask that. I was just thinking of this story possibly being the next one I update. I have a few possible ideas but need to sort them out in my head first. On a side note, I saw an article online earlier about a possible reboot of The Brady Bunch. According to the article, Bobby is divorced with kids and marries someone with kids, then they have a couple kids of their own.

PS: I just noticed that all I need is ten more posts to 700 for this story.
    Last edited by gem65; 07-31-2012 at 08:52 PM.

I was on a roll today with this story. I think I only have one more scene to write, then the chapter is basically done. Of course I'll have to edit it, so right now it looks like it might be ready by the end of the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed. In the meantime, here's a sneak peak. The usual disclaimers about it being subject to change still apply.

“You forgot one thing.”

She turns and looks at him curiously. “What did I forget?”

He walks over to her and gently pushes her up against the door. “You forgot to kiss me goodbye,” lowering his lips.

“Mmm,” her hands caressing his back. “You make it hard for me to leave,” she whispers.

“Then my evil plan is working,” he whispers back as his tongue lightly traces around her lips.
    Last edited by gem65; 08-14-2012 at 12:28 PM.

I have completed my first edit of the next chapter. If Mrs. RL doesn't interfere, then I might be able to post it by Saturday night instead of Sunday. Don't hold me to that though.

Here's one more teaser. The usual disclaimers apply.

“Come on, sing with me Smallville,” nudging him with her elbow.

“I’m not that much of a singer,” he admits.

“You don’t have to be,” she counters.

“Well…”

“I’ll make it worth your while.”

He looks at her with eyebrows raised. “Exactly what will you do to make it worth my while?”
    Last edited by gem65; 08-17-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Update!

Here's the amazing banner that Carol aka ctbn60 did for me. Thanks, Carol!

The Brady Bunch - theme song for all seasons

A/N: A special thanks to Mr. S for all his helpful feedback. Thanks, sweetie.

CHAPTER 24

Previously:

“I love you.”

Lois’ eyes pop open at what Clark had just said. He loves me? She looks over at him with a surprised expression on her face. Did we reach that stage and I didn’t even know it? she wonders as she lays her head back on the pillow. Most importantly, do I love him? she asks herself as she closes her eyes. Saying I love you is a big deal. I haven’t said ‘I love you’ since Wes. She’s broken out of her rambling thoughts when she hears a small voice.

“I love you too, Daddy.”

The next morning…

Lois yawns as she gets out of bed and heads into the bathroom. Looks like I forgot to take off my makeup last night, noticing the smudged mascara beneath her eyes. While splashing some cold water on her face, she thought about what Clark mumbled in his sleep the night before. I guess I don’t have anything to worry about after all – for now anyway, she decides as she pats her face dry with a towel, although there was a part of her that couldn’t help feeling disappointed. Snap out of it, she tells herself as she reenters the bedroom. When she notices the empty bed, she immediately crosses the room and opens the door. “Cindy?” She calls out as she steps into the hallway.

“Cindy and Janet are having breakfast and Marcia is outside on the porch reading,” Clark yells up to her. “Care to join us?”

Lois walks over to the head of the stairs. “Maybe,” she replies in a teasing tone. “What’s on the menu?”

He walks over to the bottom of the staircase and looks up at her. “If it were up to me, we’d be having dessert instead of breakfast,” wiggling his brows at her.

“You are sooo bad, Clark Kent,” shaking her head in amusement as she descends the stairs.

“You like my bad side and you know it,” he teases right back.

“Maybe I do and maybe I don’t,” she says coyly. “So you didn’t give me an answer.”

“Pancakes with scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.”

“Sounds good to me,” stopping directly in front of him. “Good morning by the way,” lightly pressing her lips to his.

“Ditto,” returning the kiss and putting his arms around her.

“Can’t you do that somewhere else?” Peter scowls slightly as he comes in from outside and makes his way over to the sink to wash his hands before sitting down at the kitchen table.

“No,” Clark replies and promptly kisses Lois again.

“Bleh,” Peter scrunches up his face as he pours boysenberry syrup over his pancakes.

“Don’t forget to say Grace,” Clark reminds him.

“Grace,” Peter replies as he shoves a forkful of pancake into his mouth.

Clark rolls his eyes as he reluctantly removes his arms from Lois’ waist. “Did you finish all your chores?” he asks Peter as he returns to the kitchen.

“Yes,” Peter replies.

“Good,” he says then turns around to look at Lois as she pulls up a chair and sits down. “So do you want plain or blueberry?”

“Blueberry,” she replies while pouring some fresh squeezed orange juice into a glass.

“Blueberry it is,” flipping a couple onto the plate before coming over to the table. “I have some chocolate syrup and whipped cream if you want,” he whispers in her ear.

Lois blushes slightly as he places the plate in front of her. “No thank you,” she says as she picks up her fork.

“Maybe next time,” he whispers once more as he goes back to the stove. “Bacon anyone?” He asks as he starts to remove it from the grill pan using a pair of tongs.

“Can I have some whipped cream?”

Clark drops the tongs and stares at his youngest son in shock while Lois stifles a giggle. “Maybe next time,” Clark mutters again as he picks up the tongs and washes them in the sink.

“I’m finished,” Cindy declares as she puts her fork down. “That was good,” she says as Clark picks up the dirty plate and utensils and places them in the sink.

“I’m glad you liked it,” he says with a smile as he puts them in the sink then turning back around. “Okay, boys,” clapping his hands. “Time to get ready for church.”

“Alright,” Peter says as he goes up the stairs with Bobby close behind.

Lois looks over at Clark. “You go to church?”

“Yes,” looking at her curiously. “Didn’t I tell you?”

“I don’t recall you telling me,” she replies. “How often do you go?”

“We try to go every Sunday,” sitting down next to her. “What about you. Do you go?”

“No,” she admits. “When I was a kid, I did like hanging out at the base chapel. I always felt at peace there.”

“So if you felt that way, then why didn’t you continue going when you were older?” he asks.

“I was a teenager who had to raise my sister while my father was off on some assignment so I barely had any time for myself. Then I got pregnant and had to get married. Add two more kids and a full-time job and…well…” her voice trailing off.

“I understand,” resting his hand over hers. “Would you like to come with us today?”

She looks up at him with a smile. “I’d like that, but I promised Chloe and Jimmy that we would spend the day with them and the kids,” she says regretfully. “Would next Sunday be okay?” she asks in a hopeful tone.

“That sounds fine to me,” he says with a smile. “Since we’re having the picnic here next Saturday, you and the girls can stay overnight,” turning to Cindy. “Would you like that?”

Cindy grins and nods her head before saying, “Can I go play with Shelby again?”

“Of course you can,” he smiles as she gets up and goes into the living room. “So what about you, Janet?” turning to look in her direction. “Would you like to stay here next weekend?”

“I guess,” shrugging her shoulders as she gets up from the table and goes outside.

“You’ll have to excuse my daughter,” says Lois with a frown. “I don’t know what’s with her these days.”

“No apology necessary,” he says. “I think she’s experiencing what you would call the Middle Child Syndrome.”

“You think so?”

“Definitely,” nodding his head. “I’m having a similar problem with Peter. I had to punish him for his behavior yesterday.”

“I know,” she remarks. “I really don’t like punishing the girls but sometimes it’s necessary.”

“I don’t like it either,” he replies as he wraps up the leftover food and puts it in the refrigerator. “You have to be careful these days about how much you punish your kids.”

“Yeah,” she sighs as she gets up and grabs her purse from the desk. “So I better get going. I’ll see you tomorrow morning,” she says as she walks over to the kitchen door.

“You forgot one thing.”

She turns and looks at him curiously. “What did I forget?”

He walks over to her and gently pushes her up against the door. “You forgot to kiss me goodbye,” lowering his lips.

“Mmm,” her hands caressing his back. “You make it hard for me to leave,” she whispers.

“Then my evil plan is working,” he whispers back as his tongue lightly traces around her lips.

“I really better go,” she says reluctantly as she slips out of his arms. “Cindy,” she calls out as she fishes her keys out of her purse.

Cindy gives Shelby a final hug before coming over. “Have we’ve forgotten something?” Lois asks as Cindy opens the door.

Cindy looks at her mother with a puzzled expression at first, but then Lois arches her brow. She turns to Clark and says, “I had fun this weekend. Thanks.”

Clark smiles back at her. “I’m glad you did. Feel free to come over any time.”

“We just might take you up on that,” Lois says in a teasing tone as she takes her youngest daughters hand.

“Bye, Mr. Kent,” Cindy waves to him as she follows her mother outside.

“Bye, Cindy,” waving back as the girls head over to Lois’ car. He stands on the porch and waits until the car disappears before heading inside. He looks down at the dishes on the table. I’ll do them later, he decides but a second later changes his mind. That’s better, he says to himself as he goes upstairs. As he’s adjusting his tie, his eyes widen when he has a sudden realization.

Peter was supposed to do the dishes.

The next morning…

“Do you have everything?” Clark asks Greg as they pull up in front of the Talon.

“I went over the checklist at least three times. I have everything,” rolling his eyes slightly as they both get out while Peter remains in the back seat of Clark’s Yukon reading the issue of Warrior Angel that Greg was reading a couple nights before.

“Good,” Clark replies as he grabs the sleeping bag while Greg grabs his knapsack. “What time is the bus supposed to be here?” he asks as they stand near the curb.

“It should be here in about five minutes.”

Just then, Lois’ car pulls up to the curb. “Hey, Smallville,” she grins as she gets out of the car and closes the door.

“You just made it,” Clark says with a smile as he walks over to her and gives her a kiss. “I dropped off Bobby before I got here. Looks like you dropped off Cindy,” he remarks as she walks around to the back of the car while Janet remains in the back seat listening to her IPod.

“Sure did,” she replies as she pops the trunk open. “I thought she was going to throw a tantrum this time but she didn’t.”

“That’s a good thing isn’t it?”

“It sure is,” Marcia pipes up as she comes over and grabs both her sleeping bag and knapsack before heading over to where Greg was standing.

“I still can’t believe that both Marcia and Greg are going on the same camping trip. What a coincidence that turned out to be,” she says as she slams the trunk lid down.

“There’s no such thing as a coincidence,” Clark replies. “Everything happens for a reason.”

“That’s Rule 39,” she quips. “So you like N.C.I.S. too?” looking at him curiously.

“Sure I do. What’s not to like?”

“I can’t think of anything,” she says as they stand there waiting for the bus. “So who’s your favorite character?”

“That’s hard to say because I like all of them for different reasons.”

“Give me one example,” she persists.

“Okay,” putting down the sleeping bag. “I like Ziva because she reminds me so much of you.”

“Me?” a surprised expression on her face.

“Oh, yeah,” his eyes twinkling. “She’s smart, beautiful, strong-willed…”

“Do you think she’s sexy?”

“I’m a guy. Of course I do,” his eyes sparkling with merriment. “I’ll never forget the episode when she wore that navy striped bikini with the gold chains...”

Ziva in her bikini

“I remember,” Lois scowls slightly.

“What made it perfect was that she was reading a book,” he continues on. “Smart and sexy. Now that’s an unbeatable combination,” grinning back at her.

She just rolls her eyes. “So who else do you like?”

He tilts his head slightly as he looks at her. “You’re not jealous are you?”

“Me? Jealous of a fictional character? Hah!” she scoffs.

“I think you are,” wrapping his arms around her waist. “Let me tell you something,” lowering his head until his mouth was only about an inch from hers. “Yes, Ziva is sexy, but you, Lois Lane, are extremely sexy,” he whispers as he presses his lips against hers. “So what’s the chance of my seeing you in a bikini?”

When she doesn’t answer right away, he pulls her closer and whispers, “You’ve already seen me naked. I think it’s only fair that I at least get to see you in a bikini.”

She doesn’t answer right away, but then finally says, “It’s been a while since I’ve worn a bikini. My stomach isn’t as flat as it used to be. I have had three babies you know,” she says with a soft sigh.

“That doesn’t bother me,” he reassures her. “I love a woman with a little meat on her bones,” his hands moving from her waist to gently squeeze her backside. “So how about it?”

“All I can promise is I’ll think about it,” looking him straight in the eye. “Okay?”

“Okay,” he smiles and kisses her again.

Meanwhile, Marcia and Greg are standing a few feet away watching the whole thing. “I’ve never seen my Mom act so…so…” struggling to think of the right word.

“Girly?”

She looks over at Greg. “That sounds about right,” she replies. “What about your Dad?”

“This is the happiest I’ve ever seen him.”

“Not even with your Mom?”

“Not even with her,” he says in a sad tone. “They were going to get a divorce when she died.”

“Oh,” Marcia says softly. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Thanks,” he says with a sigh. “So what about your parents? Were they happy?”

“What would you consider happy anyway?”

Greg thinks about it for a moment before replying. “I think that happy would be the way my Dad and your Mom act when they’re together.”

“Then no,” shaking her head sadly. “My parents weren’t happy.”

“I’m sorry to hear that too,” he says.

“Thanks,” she sighs and looks up just in time to see the bus pulling up to the corner. “There it is,” pointing towards it. “You can have the honor of interrupting them,” she grins as she picks up her knapsack and sleeping bag and heads in the direction of the bus.

“Gee, thanks,” rolling his eyes again as he walks over to them. “Dad?” tapping him on the shoulder. “The bus is here.”

He tears his lips away and looks over Lois’ shoulder and sees the bus. “Oh, okay,” he says with a hint of disappointment in his voice. “I’ll be here Friday afternoon to pick you up,” he tells him, then turns to Lois. “I can pick up Marcia and bring her back to your place if you want.”

“You don’t mind?” she asks.

“Nope,” shaking his head.

“Thanks, Smallville,” she replies with a smile.

“I have to go, Dad,” Greg pipes up.

“Okay, okay,” he says as he follows him over to the bus. “Have a good time,” giving him a brief hug but doesn’t let him go before telling him one more thing. “I don’t think I need to tell you to be careful, but if there’s a situation where there’s no other solution, then don’t hesitate to use your abilities.”

Greg looks up at his father. “Really?” a surprised look on his face.

“Really,” Clark replies with a smile. “I trust you.”

“Thanks, Dad,” giving Clark one more hug before getting on the bus. “See you Friday,” waving to his father as the doors close.

Lois comes over and stands next to him and they both wave until the bus is out of sight. “They’ll be okay, right?” turning to look at him.

He rests his hands on her shoulders. “They’ll be fine,” he reassures her.

“You’re right. You’re right. I know you’re right,” she says with a sigh.

Clark was about to say something else when Janet comes up to them. “We’re gonna be late,” she tells her mother.

“We have to go,” looking up at Clark. “See you at work in about an hour?”

“See you then,” giving her a quick kiss before walking over to the truck and climbing inside.

Lois and Janet were almost to the car when Lois pauses to get her keys out. The sudden screeching of tires causes her to look up; the keys forgotten as a silver-colored Porsche crashes into her car. “You stay here,” Clark tells Peter as he flings his door open and jumps out of the truck. “Are you okay?” running over to them.

“A little shaken up, but we’re okay,” she answers after a moment then turns to her daughter. “I don’t know what I’d do if something happened to you,” hugging her tightly

Clark watches the touching scene for a moment before turning his attention to the silver car when the driver’s side door opens. His jaw drops as the driver steps out of the car. “Hello, Clark. Long time, no see,” he smirks.

“Not long enough,” Clark’s eyes narrowing at him.

Lois pulls away from Janet and can’t help noticing the cold looks the two men were exchanging. “You two know each other?”

“Unfortunately yes,” Clark says coolly.

Lois stares curiously at the other man for a moment before it dawns on her. “Wait a minute. You’re---” her eyes widening.

“Your instincts serve you well,” he replies then turns to Clark. “Aren’t you going to introduce us?”

“No!” he snaps back.

“You’ll have to forgive Clark’s rudeness,” fixing a smile on Lois. “Although I can’t say I blame him for wanting to keep you all to himself,” grabbing her hand and raising it to his lips.

What an ass, she thinks to herself as she abruptly pulls her hand away. “My name is Lois Lane. I’m the person whose car you just wrecked,” she glares back at him.

“I apologize for that, Miss Lane,” he says with a smile as he pulls out his checkbook. “I’d rather not report this to the insurance company,” he remarks as he finishes writing out the check. “This should cover all the repairs,” handing it to her.

She takes the check and studies it. “Well it’s the least you could do,” folding it in half and slipping it into her purse. She was going to say something else but he turns away from her and starts talking on his phone.

How rude, she frowns inwardly as Clark comes over to her.

“I’ve already called AAA. They should be here in less than twenty minutes.”

“Thanks,” she says as she opens a bottle of hand sanitizer and proceeds to squeeze it all over her hands.

“Let’s go inside and get a cup of coffee while we wait for the tow truck. It’s on me,” he says while taking her arm to lead her inside, followed closely by Janet.

“Hey! Wait for me,” Peter yells out as he hops out of the truck and runs inside after them. They all sit down at a table and order their drinks.

“So who was that man anyway?” Janet asks Clark as the waitress sets their drinks down on the table.

“That was---” Peter starts to say but backs off when Clark gives him a pointed look.

“He’s not someone you need to know,” Lois interjects.

“Why not?”

Lois puts her mug down. “He’s not a good man. That’s why,” she says at last.

Janet starts to ask another question when the front door swings open. “You’re not welcome here,” Clark says coldly.

“I have every right to be here, Clark,” he declares as he walks up to their table. “Have you forgotten that I own fifty percent of this place?”

Clark stood up and cut him off. “Have you forgotten that Lana and I bought you out when we got married?” quirking one brow. “Now that she’s gone, I own the business and the building itself one hundred percent.”

He glares at Clark for a moment, then turns on his heel and walks away; slamming the door behind him.

“I had no idea you owned this place,” Lois turns to him. “No wonder Jimmy and Chloe’s rent is so low.”

“I didn’t want to charge them at all, but they insisted on paying me something. We worked out a figure and they offered to keep an eye on the day-to-day operation,” Clark responded while looking out the front window. “Looks like the tow truck and the police are here.”

“Let’s go,” Lois says as they all go outside.

About twenty minutes later…

“Did you call Perry and tell him we were going to be late?”

“I already did,” she replies. “Now keep your eye on the road,” lightly punching his shoulder.

“Why do you do that?” rubbing his shoulder while pretending it hurt.

“Because it tickles me,” she laughs as she turns her attention to the radio. “Enough of this cowboy music,” she declares as she scans the various stations.

Too late, my time has come
    Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time…

“I LOVE this song,” Lois declares. “That movie was so funny,” she remarks while turning the volume up.

Goodbye everybody, I've got to go
    Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth

“It was okay, but I did think that scene in the car at the beginning was funny,” he remarks as she starts singing along to it.

Mama ooo (anyway the wind blows) I don't want to die
    I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all…

(Guitar solo)

“Come on, sing with me Smallville,” nudging him with her elbow.

“I’m not that much of a singer,” he admits.

“You don’t have to be,” she counters.

“Well…”

“I’ll make it worth your while.”

He looks at her with eyebrows raised. “Exactly what will you do to make it worth my while?”

“I’ll wear that bikini.”

“Is that a promise?” his eyes lighting up.

“I promise, so hurry up and make your decision already,” rolling her eyes slightly. “The best part’s coming up.”

“You have a deal,” he answers and joins in with her on the next lyric.

I see a little silhouetto of a man
    Scaramouch, scaramouch - will you do the fandango

Peter stares at the back of their heads in disbelief as they continue singing along. What have I done to deserve this? he mutters to himself. “Aren’t you embarrassed?” he asks Janet as he sinks down into his seat under the window.

“Nope,” shaking her head. “Mom does it all the time,” she adds with a sigh as she turns her IPod back on.

Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
    Gallileo, gallileo, gallileo, gallileo,
    Gallileo figaro magnifico

“But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me,” Clark sings.

“He's just a poor boy from a poor family spare him his life from this monstrosity,” Lois responds back.

Please put me out of my misery, Peter mutters while hiding behind his comic book as Clark sings one lyric, then Lois singing the next one, then together...

Easy come easy go will you let me go
    (Bismillah no we will not let you go) let him go
    (Bismillah, we will not let you go) let him go
    (Bismillah, we will not let you go) let me go
    (Will not let you go) let me go (never)
    (Never let you go) let me go, never let me go ooo

Please, please, please don’t do the head banging, Peter silently prays, but he doesn’t get his wish as Clark and Lois start rapidly slinging their heads forward then back in time to the song.

“You wouldn’t happen to have an extra set of ear buds would you?” Peter asks Janet.

“Nope,” not looking up as she shakes her head.

“Can I share yours?”

She takes them out of her ears and looks him up and down. “I don’t think so,” she says pointedly.

“I would share mine with you.”

“You’re such a liar,” she scoffs and puts the buds back in her ears.

He leans back against the seat. I hate it when she’s right.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no
    Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
    Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me - for me - for me

(Guitar solo)

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
    So you think you can love me and leave me to die

Oh baby can't do this to me baby
    Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here

(Guitar solo)

As they stop at a red light, another car pulls up besides them. Peter raises his head a couple inches to peak out the window. When he sees who’s in the other car, he immediately sinks back down but he’s a little too late as a voice calls out to him.

“Hey, Kent, is that you?” a voice calls out.

Janet nudges him with her elbow. “I don’t want them to see me,” he whispers.

“You don’t?”

“No,” shaking his head frantically.

“He’s right here,” Janet answers them with a big grin on her face.

He glares back at her as he sits up and rolls down the window. “Hey, Steve.”

“I wasn’t sure if that was you, but then I recognized your father,” stifling a laugh.

What a dork, Peter mumbles under his breath.

“So are you going to the day camp?” Steve asks as the light turns yellow.

“Yeah,” Peter replies. “You?”

“Yeah,” Steve answers back. “See you there,” now laughing openly as the light turns green.

“Thanks a lot,” he hisses at Janet.

“Any time,” she grins mischievously as the car starts moving again.

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah, nothing really matters, anyone can see
    Nothing really matters nothing really matters to me

Anyway the wind blows...

The song comes to an end as they pull up to the main entrance of the day camp. “That was fun,” Lois tells Clark. “You weren’t bad at all,” she grins. “One of these days we’re going to go to Karaoke night at the Talon and---”

“No,” shaking his head emphatically as they get out. “That’s where I draw the line,” he declares as he pops the trunk and takes out both Peter and Janet’s duffle bags. “Here you go,” handing the bags to them. “Have a good time,” he calls out as Peter opens the door.

“Thanks,” he waves as he goes inside.

“You have a good time too,” Lois tells her daughter.

“I will. Thanks,” giving her mother a brief peck on the cheek before going inside.

They both stand there and wait until the door closes before turning to each other. “Did you see how embarrassed Peter was when we were head banging to that song?” Clark says laughingly.

“I did,” laughing along with him.

“What about your daughter?”

“What about her?”

“She certainly contributed to his embarrassment,” fixing his gaze on her. “I think she definitely takes after you.”

“I take that as a compliment,” she grins widely.

He laughs again. “So I think we should probably get to work.”

“We can’t,” she answers. “I still need a car.”

“Right,” he answers thoughtfully before a smile slowly spreads across his face. “You know, I think I just might have a better idea.”

“Oh?” looking at him curiously.

“It just occurred to me that two of our kids will be out of our hair completely for five days.”

“So?”

“Then our remaining kids will be gone all day for the same period of time.”

Okay,” she responds as he comes closer to her. “What exactly are you suggesting?”

He puts his arms around her waist. “I was thinking that maybe we could play hooky today and go to Crater Lake to get some sun and do a little swimming.”

“That sounds nice,” she responds. “Then what?”

“Then we’ll go back to the farm and have a picnic. I know the perfect spot,” smiling down at her. “Would you like that?” he asks as he presses his lips to her forehead, then to the tip of her nose.

“Ohh,” she gasps out softly as their lips meet up.

“I take it that’s a yes?” he whispers between kisses.

“Yes,” she whispers back.

“I was hoping you’d say that,” he answers back as they kiss a little more before he pulls away and gazes down at her closed eyes. “We’ll stop at your place so that you can pick up whatever you might need before we head for the lake.”

Her eyes flutter open and look up into his deep blue eyes. “That sounds absolutely wonderful, but what about the car? I still need one until mine is fixed. I can’t depend on you to drive me everywhere I need to go. It’s not practical.”

He ponders her question for a moment. “We’ll stop by the car rental agency before we pick up the kids tonight,” he says. “How does that sound?”

“Sounds fine by me,” she replies. “So what are we waiting for, Smallville?” flashing him a flirtatious wink as she heads back to his SUV.

His eyes linger on the lower half of her body as she walks away.

I can’t wait to see you in that bikini, Miss Lane.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here is the link to Chapter 25

Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne's World) - Queen

Is this the real life, is this just fantasy
    Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
    Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
    Because I'm easy come, easy go, a little high, little low
    Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man, put a gun against his head
    pulled my trigger, now he's dead, mama
    Life had just begun, but now I've gone and thrown it all away
    Mama, ooo, didn't mean to make you cry
    If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
    Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time
    Goodbye everybody, I've got to go
    Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
    Mama ooo (anyway the wind blows) I don't want to die
    I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

(Guitar solo)

I see a little silhouetto of a man
    Scaramouch, scaramouch - will you do the fandango
    Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
    Gallileo, gallileo, gallileo, gallileo,
    Gallileo figaro magnifico

But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
    (He's just a poor boy from a poor family)
    (Spare him his life from this monstrosity)
    Easy come easy go will you let me go
    (Bismillah no we will not let you go) let him go
    (Bismillah, we will not let you go) let him go
    (Bismillah, we will not let you go) let me go
    (Will not let you go) let me go (never)
    (Never let you go) let me go, never let me go ooo
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no
    Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
    Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me - for me - for me

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
    So you think you can love me and leave me to die
    Oh baby can't do this to me baby
    Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here

(Guitar solo)

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah, nothing really matters, anyone can see
    Nothing really matters nothing really matters to me

Anyway the wind blows...
    Last edited by gem65; 02-22-2013 at 05:52 AM.

I'll come back later and give you a review. When I've stopped laughing that is. Bloody brilliant!

Love it!!! Lois and Clarj act like lovebirds and Greg embarrassment is way to funny!!!Ugghh Lex is back yuck!!!Update soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixnz View Post

I'll come back later and give you a review. When I've stopped laughing that is. Bloody brilliant!
    You have NO idea how much I needed that laugh. It's been a rotten day all around.

Thank you, my friend. *HUGS*

Quote Originally Posted by MariVe View Post
    Love it!!! Lois and Clark act like lovebirds and Greg embarrassment is way to funny!!!Ugghh Lex is back yuck!!!Update soon!!!
    I figured that Clark and Lois deserved to act like lovebirds - especially after all the unhappiness they had in their marriages. I thought it would be funny that Peter would be embarrassed but not Janet. As for the mystery man, I never did say his name. I'm not sure if he'll make another appearance but you never know what'll happen in a future chapter. Glad you loved it.

On a side note, I only need 3 more posts to 700 for this story.
    Last edited by gem65; 08-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Incurable Postaholic bigvillir001's Avatar
    wow great update

Quote Originally Posted by bigvillir001 View Post
    wow great update
    Glad you enjoyed it.

This story is a delight, Mary-El. Every time
    the sing-a-long scene in the car was hilarious... poor Peter i could totally relate to that kid although, nowadays, i act a lot like their parents
    and now they're about to have some "alone time" at the lake... hum... i wonder what you have on your sleeve, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by cathy14 View Post
    This story is a delight, Mary-El. Every time
    After having written updates for two stories that are in an angsty place right now, I felt an update for this one was in order. What made it even more perfect is that it was this story's turn.

the sing-a-long scene in the car was hilarious... poor Peter i could totally relate to that kid although, nowadays, i act a lot like their parents
    I don't remember exactly how the idea came about for Clark and Lois to head bang to Queen, but just the thought of them doing it made me laugh. As for Peter, yeah I would probably be embarrassed too.

and now they're about to have some "alone time" at the lake... hum... i wonder what you have on your sleeve, my friend
    You won't believe what I have up my sleeve for the next few chapters - and that's all I have to say about that.

On a side note, this is the 700th post for this story. Yay me!

Going where I want instead of where I should
    I thought I commented but it turns out I was having a mild case of de javu all over again.

Now its time to review

I almost wonder if Lois was secretly hoping it was a dream last night. It sure would make things less complicated.

Cindy and Janet are having breakfast and Marcia is outside on the porch reading,” Clark yells up to her. “Care to join us?”
    This made me laugh because it reminded me of Wallowitz talking to his mother

was there some sexual tension in the kitchen or was I imagining it? you could have cut it like a hot knife through a blueberry pancake. I had to laugh at Bobby picking up Clarks remark about whipped cream and asking for some.

clark played it smart by asking Lois to stay next weekend in front of Cindy. How is she going to say no when it is evident that Cindy has developed an attachment to Shelby. Well played Clarkman

“He looks down at the dishes on the table. I’ll do them later, he decides but a second later changes his mind. That’s better, he says to himself as he goes upstairs. As he’s adjusting his tie, his eyes widen when he has a sudden realization.
    Well if art doesn't imitate life. I feel your pain clark.

I enjoyed the chat they had about ncis. Clark was treading on thin ice when he revealed his favorite character then made a quick pivot. well played sir.

Marv Albert, do you agree with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1kApvEPiY

Well it time to wear my Capt. Obvious mask but I have to agree with Clark about Miss David. So hot and can fight. I think I'll go watch the video again and again.

Ok, I'm back to finish the review

I really liked the convo between greg and marcia about their parents. being the oldest, it was good to see they recognized their happiness when they were most likely witness to misery. It doesn't matter how good you hide it, they could see it. good for them for being able to talk about it

“Okay, okay,” he says as he follows him over to the bus. “Have a good time,” giving him a brief hug but doesn’t let him go before telling him one more thing. “I don’t think I need to tell you to be careful, but if there’s a situation where there’s no other solution, then don’t hesitate to use your abilities.”

Well if that wasn't Jonathon telling clark to be careful I don't know what was. very nice scene.

wow, big bald evil has returned and is creating havoc. I liked your choice of a car accident as a way to introduce him to Lois. I thought Clark showed remarkable restraint but i thought the cold response was well done.

what a great exchange between Clark and big bald evil. I got a good laugh out of clark dropping that bombshell on him about owning the talon and big bald evil leaving with his tail between his legs.

once again the visual of Lois and Clark recreated the waynes world scene was a real rib tickler but it was even funnier seeing Peter embarrassed by it and Janet not blinking an eye.

The clarkman is one smooth operator getting her to play hooky down by the lake.
    It sounds like it going to be bikini time.

hopefully, no dude wearing green and orange will emerge from the water at the wrong time and ruin the mood.

looking forward to the next chapter

Quote Originally Posted by gem65 View Post
    Here's the amazing banner that Carol aka ctbn60 did for me. Thanks, Carol!

I really adore this banner

While splashing some cold water on her face, she thought about what Clark mumbled in his sleep the night before. I guess I don’t have anything to worry about after all – for now anyway, she decides as she pats her face dry with a towel, although there was a part of her that couldn’t help feeling disappointed.
    Interesting. She has feelings for Clark, but she's only just admitting it to herself. I don't think either one of them are ready to admit how they feel to each other.

Lois walks over to the head of the stairs. “Maybe,” she replies in a teasing tone. “What’s on the menu?”
    I half expected him to say "You".
    “If it were up to me, we’d be having dessert instead of breakfast,” wiggling his brows at her.

“You are sooo bad, Clark Kent,” shaking her head in amusement as she descends the stairs.

He is, he really is a bad boy, but she loves it.
    “Can’t you do that somewhere else?” Peter scowls slightly as he comes in from outside and makes his way over to the sink to wash his hands before sitting down at the kitchen table.
    Aww, Peter, give your dad a break. Typical kid, really. On the one hand, he probably has difficulty seeing his dad happy with someone who isn't his mom and on the other, he's probably embarrassed at the PDAs.

“Don’t forget to say Grace,” Clark reminds him.

“Grace,” Peter replies as he shoves a forkful of pancake into his mouth.
    Have you been watching Hook?
    I can't help laughing at Peter even if I want to smack him for being so rude.

“I have some chocolate syrup and whipped cream if you want,” he whispers in her ear.

Lois blushes slightly as he places the plate in front of her. “No thank you,” she says as she picks up her fork.
    Getting suggestive at the breakfast table? Clark Kent!

Clark drops the tongs and stares at his youngest son in shock while Lois stifles a giggle.
    [/QUOTE]

“No apology necessary,” he says. “I think she’s experiencing what you would call the Middle Child Syndrome.”

“You think so?”

“Definitely,” nodding his head. “I’m having a similar problem with Peter. I had to punish him for his behavior yesterday.”
    Since I'm the youngest of two, my brother and I were pretty much even on the rivalry score, so I've never experienced Middle Child Syndrome, but I hear it's quite common.
    “I know,” she remarks. “I really don’t like punishing the girls but sometimes it’s necessary.”

“I don’t like it either,” he replies as he wraps up the leftover food and puts it in the refrigerator. “You have to be careful these days about how much you punish your kids.”
    It's controversial, I know, but how else are you going to teach your kids if you don't give them limits and punish them?

“You forgot to kiss me goodbye,” lowering his lips.

Oh, he's evil all right.

He looks down at the dishes on the table. I’ll do them later, he decides but a second later changes his mind. That’s better, he says to himself as he goes upstairs. As he’s adjusting his tie, his eyes widen when he has a sudden realization.

Peter was supposed to do the dishes.
    Oh dear, he just can't help himself can he? At least Martha raised him right

“There’s no such thing as a coincidence,” Clark replies. “Everything happens for a reason.”

“That’s Rule 39,” she quips. “So you like N.C.I.S. too?” looking at him curiously.
    You can't go wrong with N.C.I.S
    “Okay,” putting down the sleeping bag. “I like Ziva because she reminds me so much of you.”

“Me?” a surprised expression on her face.

“Oh, yeah,” his eyes twinkling. “She’s smart, beautiful, strong-willed…”

“Do you think she’s sexy?”

“I’m a guy. Of course I do,” his eyes sparkling with merriment. “I’ll never forget the episode when she wore that navy striped bikini with the gold chains...”
    Well, he started off okay ...
    “I remember,” Lois scowls slightly.

“What made it perfect was that she was reading a book,” he continues on. “Smart and sexy. Now that’s an unbeatable combination,” grinning back at her.
    Ooh, you are a very bad man, Clark Kent. That was clearly way too much fun teasing Lois.

He tilts his head slightly as he looks at her. “You’re not jealous are you?”

“Me? Jealous of a fictional character? Hah!” she scoffs.
    It's called denial, Lois
    “I think you are,” wrapping his arms around her waist. “Let me tell you something,” lowering his head until his mouth was only about an inch from hers. “Yes, Ziva is sexy, but you, Lois Lane, are extremely sexy,” he whispers as he presses his lips against hers. “So what’s the chance of my seeing you in a bikini?”
    Nice one, Kent.

Meanwhile, Marcia and Greg are standing a few feet away watching the whole thing. “I’ve never seen my Mom act so…so…” struggling to think of the right word.

“Girly?”

She looks over at Greg. “That sounds about right,” she replies. “What about your Dad?”

“This is the happiest I’ve ever seen him.”

“Not even with your Mom?”

“Not even with her,” he says in a sad tone. “They were going to get a divorce when she died.”

“Oh,” Marcia says softly. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Thanks,” he says with a sigh. “So what about your parents? Were they happy?”

“What would you consider happy anyway?”

Greg thinks about it for a moment before replying. “I think that happy would be the way my Dad and your Mom act when they’re together.”

“Then no,” shaking her head sadly. “My parents weren’t happy.”
    Very telling, I think. It's good that the oldest kids are noticing. At least it'll make them more supportive of their parents relationship.

“I don’t think I need to tell you to be careful, but if there’s a situation where there’s no other solution, then don’t hesitate to use your abilities.”

Aww, I love the father/son relationship here.

“You’re right. You’re right. I know you’re right,” she says with a sigh.

Clark watches the touching scene for a moment before turning his attention to the silver car when the driver’s side door opens. His jaw drops as the driver steps out of the car. “Hello, Clark. Long time, no see,” he smirks.

“Not long enough,” Clark’s eyes narrowing at him.
    Ooh, this looks like trouble.
    Lois stares curiously at the other man for a moment before it dawns on her. “Wait a minute. You’re---” her eyes widening.
    Who? Who?
    “You’ll have to forgive Clark’s rudeness,” fixing a smile on Lois. “Although I can’t say I blame him for wanting to keep you all to himself,” grabbing her hand and raising it to his lips.

What an ass, she thinks to herself as she abruptly pulls her hand away.
    Clearly she's not a fan.
    “So who was that man anyway?” Janet asks Clark as the waitress sets their drinks down on the table.

“That was---” Peter starts to say but backs off when Clark gives him a pointed look.

“He’s not someone you need to know,” Lois interjects.

“Why not?”

Lois puts her mug down. “He’s not a good man. That’s why,” she says at last.
    Definitely not a fan.
    “I have every right to be here, Clark,” he declares as he walks up to their table. “Have you forgotten that I own fifty percent of this place?”

Clark stood up and cut him off. “Have you forgotten that Lana and I bought you out when we got married?” quirking one brow. “Now that she’s gone, I own the business and the building itself one hundred percent.”

He glares at Clark for a moment, then turns on his heel and walks away; slamming the door behind him.
    Ha! Good job! Clark gets to put him in his place.

Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time…

“I LOVE this song,” Lois declares. “That movie was so funny,” she remarks while turning the volume up.
    I think I know what's coming.

Please, please, please don’t do the head banging, Peter silently prays, but he doesn’t get his wish as Clark and Lois start rapidly slinging their heads forward then back in time to the song.
    I don't know what cracks me up more. The image of Lois and Clark doing the head banging or Peter's embarrassment.
    I'm not sure who got the idea first, I just know we were brain-storming one day and one of us mentioned the song, or the scene. I think I told you the story of the concert I went to where the orchestra was playing the instrumental version of the song and the choir were sitting behind us, head-banging and one of the guys in the orchestra lost it. Too, too funny!
    As they stop at a red light, another car pulls up besides them. Peter raises his head a couple inches to peak out the window. When he sees who’s in the other car, he immediately sinks back down but he’s a little too late as a voice calls out to him.

“Hey, Kent, is that you?” a voice calls out.

Janet nudges him with her elbow. “I don’t want them to see me,” he whispers.

“You don’t?”

“No,” shaking his head frantically.

“He’s right here,” Janet answers them with a big grin on her face.

He glares back at her as he sits up and rolls down the window. “Hey, Steve.”

“I wasn’t sure if that was you, but then I recognized your father,” stifling a laugh.
    I want to be sympathetic to Peter, but it's too, too funny. And Janet is evil - mind you, she gets that from her mother.

They both stand there and wait until the door closes before turning to each other. “Did you see how embarrassed Peter was when we were head banging to that song?” Clark says laughingly.

“I did,” laughing along with him.

“What about your daughter?”

“What about her?”

“She certainly contributed to his embarrassment,” fixing his gaze on her. “I think she definitely takes after you.”
    And the parents have no sympathy either. Ah well, sooner or later, either the parents or the kids do something to embarrass the other. It's one of those unwritten rules I think.

He puts his arms around her waist. “I was thinking that maybe we could play hooky today and go to Crater Lake to get some sun and do a little swimming.”

“That sounds nice,” she responds. “Then what?”

“Then we’ll go back to the farm and have a picnic. I know the perfect spot,” smiling down at her. “Would you like that?” he asks as he presses his lips to her forehead, then to the tip of her nose.

“Ohh,” she gasps out softly as their lips meet up.

“I take it that’s a yes?” he whispers between kisses.

“Yes,” she whispers back.

Hmm, I think somebody's suggesting more than a picnic, or is it just wishful thinking on my part

I said it before and I'll say it again. Bloody brilliant chapter. I loved it.
    Last edited by phoenixnz; 08-23-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cygnusx1 View Post
    I thought I commented but it turns out I was having a mild case of de javu all over again.

Now its time to review
    Considering that you read at least two different versions I'm not surprised.

I almost wonder if Lois was secretly hoping it was a dream last night. It sure would make things less complicated.
    That's a possibility, but at least it got her thinking about it.

This made me laugh because it reminded me of Wallowitz talking to his mother
    At least when Clark yelled up to her it wasn't that voice that grates on you like fingernails on a chalkboard.

was there some sexual tension in the kitchen or was I imagining it? you could have cut it like a hot knife through a blueberry pancake. I had to laugh at Bobby picking up Clarks remark about whipped cream and asking for some.
    There was definitely some sexual tension there. As for Bobby, I thought that his super-hearing would come in handy.

clark played it smart by asking Lois to stay next weekend in front of Cindy. How is she going to say no when it is evident that Cindy has developed an attachment to Shelby. Well played Clarkman
    I didn't think of it in that way when I wrote it, but I like it.

Well if art doesn't imitate life. I feel your pain clark.
    The part about the dishes comes from real life. My boyfriend can't leave anything in the kitchen sink. I once put a spoon there before we left to go out and he just had to wash it right then and there.

I enjoyed the chat they had about ncis. Clark was treading on thin ice when he revealed his favorite character then made a quick pivot. well played sir.
    That was fun to write. Like Clark said, he's a guy so of course he would 'appreciate' Ms. Da-vid's assets. Of course there's only one woman who can make his heat vision go crazy and that's Miss Lane.

Marv Albert, do you agree with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1kApvEPiY
    I'm sure he does.

Well it time to wear my Capt. Obvious mask but I have to agree with Clark about Miss David. So hot and can fight. I think I'll go watch the video again and again.
    I knew you'd love that video.

Ok, I'm back to finish the review
    Have you sufficiently cooled off yet? *arches brow at Cygnusx1*

I really liked the convo between greg and marcia about their parents. being the oldest, it was good to see they recognized their happiness when they were most likely witness to misery. It doesn't matter how good you hide it, they could see it. good for them for being able to talk about it
    I wanted the older kids to be more supportive of the relationship because they saw all the misery that was their parents respective marriages. Hopefully being able to see the difference will help them when they're adults.

Well if that wasn't Jonathon telling clark to be careful I don't know what was. very nice scene.
    I guess I was channeling Jonathan in that scene. I also wanted Clark to be a little less overprotective and I think I was able to find that balance.

wow, big bald evil has returned and is creating havoc. I liked your choice of a car accident as a way to introduce him to Lois. I thought Clark showed remarkable restraint but i thought the cold response was well done.
    Last time I checked, I didn't indicate at all that the mystery man was bald. As for Clarks response, yeah it was entirely appropriate.

what a great exchange between Clark and big bald evil. I got a good laugh out of clark dropping that bombshell on him about owning the talon and big bald evil leaving with his tail between his legs.
    This paragraph went through a couple changes before the final version. My boyfriend like the more 'to the point' version a little bit better, but I felt it needed a little more detail.

once again the visual of Lois and Clark recreated the waynes world scene was a real rib tickler but it was even funnier seeing Peter embarrassed by it and Janet not blinking an eye.
    I originally was going to have both kids embarrassed by their parents head banging to Bohemian Rhapsody but thought it would be more fun to have Janet be used to it because her Mom is more of a free spirit.

The clarkman is one smooth operator getting her to play hooky down by the lake.
    If anybody can make Lois play hooky from work, it's Clark.

It sounds like it going to be bikini time.
    Me thinks you may be right.

hopefully, no dude wearing green and orange will emerge from the water at the wrong time and ruin the mood.
    It didn't even occur to me. *shrugs shoulders*

looking forward to the next chapter
    I look forward to it too. As usual, thanks for the awesome ​review.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixnz View Post
    I really adore this banner
    I love it too. Carol did an amazing job as usual.

Interesting. She has feelings for Clark, but she's only just admitting it to herself. I don't think either one of them are ready to admit how they feel to each other.
    That may be true, but you never know what'll happen next.

I half expected him to say "You".
    I wish I had thought of that. Oh well. *shrugs shoulders*

He is, he really is a bad boy, but she loves it.
    Yes to both.

Aww, Peter, give your dad a break. Typical kid, really. On the one hand, he probably has difficulty seeing his dad happy with someone who isn't his mom and on the other, he's probably embarrassed at the PDAs.
    I think what you said is true. He wasn't old enough to see what kind of marriage Clark and Lana had so it is difficult for him to see the way his Dad and Lois are together - especially with the PDA's. I guess he is a typical kid.

Have you been watching Hook? I can't help laughing at Peter even if I want to smack him for being so rude.
    Are you talking about the movie with Robin Williams?

Getting suggestive at the breakfast table? Clark Kent!
    I think I've already established that Clark Kent has a baaad side.

Clark drops the tongs and stares at his youngest son in shock while Lois stifles a giggle.

Super-hearing comes in handy doesn't it?

Since I'm the youngest of two, my brother and I were pretty much even on the rivalry score, so I've never experienced Middle Child Syndrome, but I hear it's quite common.
    I'm the oldest of two (brother) so of course my parents weren't quite as strict with him. As for the Middle Child Syndrome, I felt it would work here.

It's controversial, I know, but how else are you going to teach your kids if you don't give them limits and punish them?
    You can't even spank your child these days without running the risk of being reported to Child Services. *sighs*

Oh, he's evil all right.
    He's e-vil all right.

Oh dear, he just can't help himself can he? At least Martha raised him right
    She sure did.

You can't go wrong with N.C.I.S
    No, you can't

Well, he started off okay ...
    I agree.

Ooh, you are a very bad man, Clark Kent. That was clearly way too much fun teasing Lois.
    I think it secretly turns him on to tease her like that. He loves the fire she has in her.

It's called denial, Lois
    That's sooo true.

Nice one, Kent.
    A high five to the Clarkman as Cygnusx1 would say.

Very telling, I think. It's good that the oldest kids are noticing. At least it'll make them more supportive of their parents relationship.
    I agree with you. That's how I wanted the oldest kids to react about the relationship because they saw all the misery that came before.

Aww, I love the father/son relationship here.
    I love it too. Steve thought I was channeling Jonathan in this paragraph. He was right.

I knew you would pick up on the When Harry met Sally reference.

Ooh, this looks like trouble.
    You may be right.

Who? Who?
    I think you know who.

Clearly she's not a fan.
    She's not.

Definitely not a fan.
    Clark's not a fan either.

Ha! Good job! Clark gets to put him in his place.
    Clark gets another hi five for that one.

I think I know what's coming.
    Nobody's cuming yet.

I don't know what cracks me up more. The image of Lois and Clark doing the head banging or Peter's embarrassment.
    I think part of it is Peter's embarrassment, but mostly the image of Clark and Lois.

I'm not sure who got the idea first, I just know we were brain-storming one day and one of us mentioned the song, or the scene. I think I told you the story of the concert I went to where the orchestra was playing the instrumental version of the song and the choir were sitting behind us, head-banging and one of the guys in the orchestra lost it. Too, too funny!
    I had forgotten where I got the idea for Clark and Lois to do the head banging. Now that I think of it, it was during a conversation we had some time ago. Thanks for the inspiration.

I want to be sympathetic to Peter, but it's too, too funny. And Janet is evil - mind you, she gets that from her mother.
    She does get it from her mother.

And the parents have no sympathy either. Ah well, sooner or later, either the parents or the kids do something to embarrass the other. It's one of those unwritten rules I think.
    I agree.

Hmm, I think somebody's suggesting more than a picnic, or is it just wishful thinking on my part
    You'll just have to wait until the next chapter to find out.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Bloody brilliant chapter. I loved it.
    Thank you sooo much for the amazing review, my friend.
    Last edited by gem65; 08-24-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast