Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "162 Candles?"

What did you think of this week's episode?

This thread will open once the episode has aired.
    10 - Excellent
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - 162 reasons I hated it.
    0%

This episode was slow in the first half and took a wild rollercoaster ride down for the second part. I gave it a solid 8.
    Man… I really liked Lexy, I got the impression she took a little nibble outta Bonjovi. I would’ve loved to have a little flash back of that.
    It really sucks that Damon X her out. But then again if he didn’t do something that bad, I would’ve thought he was going soft.
    I tell ya I never seen a show kill people at the drop of a hat. The casting calls for this show is gonna be non-stop.

Comment

8. Solid.
      I liked it. Very good episode.

CK

Comment

Much like last week's episode, the second half seemed to pick things up (as Saber said). But this was a stronger episode overall either way.

Coyote predicted last week a very similar situation that played out in this episde, but with Vicki being framed as the "killer vampire in town". Instead they brought in a new vamp chick (Lexi) to be the pawn in Damon's scheme. This is a good thing for Vicki fans (like me) as that it keeps open the possibility of her return someday, I guess. (Afterall, we never saw what Damon did with her body.)

Now to Lexi. If she's supposed to be hundreds of years old, why does she talk like she's a freaking "valley girl" or something? She sounded like at any moment she would start saying "Like, oh my god! Like, you know? Like, for sure!" And what was the deal with her cheeks? They seemed swollen or something. Just baby fat? But don't vamps have super metabolisms or something? Maybe I'm confusing them with Superman... heh (The actress reminded me a lot of Ashley Scott (Huntress from Birds of Prey) by the way; very similar voices and mannerisms to them.)

What was the deal with Lexi pathetically saying "Why?" before she died? Why? Gee, do you think it might be because he's Damon and that he's, well, evil? lol Seemed like a dumb thing to have her say, especially considering she was supposed to know him so well (along with Stefan), along with the fact that earlier in the episode, she screwed with him. Payback's a b****, isn't it? She seemed so confident and sure of herself, and yet was easily disposed of in the end. Makes you wonder how she lasted centuries and where all that confidence comes from.

And so now we're learning that Older = Stronger in TVD's vampire universe? But that's what True Blood is doing...do something different, show. I thought you were going the "Human Blood Eater = Stronger" route. So it's both? So what happens if a very old rabbit blood drinker goes up against a newborn human drinker? A toss-up? lol.... I also never liked the concept of gender making no difference in the vampire world. To me, it makes more sense if male vampires are stronger than their female counterparts. I guess this means "power/strength" has no real physical basis to it when it comes to vampires, and that it's purely "magical"/"supernatural". Which is fair seeing as this series is going the supernatural route (with witches, etc).

As for Bonnie's crystal that Damon wants back so bad, so apparently he can't grab it from her or touch her because it will burn him/shock him or whatever. So why doesn't he just take a gun and shoot her in the face? Too easy? lol What, or does the crystal make her bulletproof too? Then how about dropping a piano on her or something? Too subtle?

The background song playing when Elena and Stefan were at the pool table was straight out of Moonlight (they used it first). Stop copying Moonlight, TVD. heh

And question: What do birthdays mean when you're immortal? Just something to think about.

Finally, the ending: "It's coming." What's coming--the day? Because if so, Smallville already beat you to that, like, six years ago. Nice to know you're keeping things fresh, show.

9/10 Fun episode.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 11-06-2009, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I really like Lexi. She had potential. Too bad that she was killed off so quickly. I actually like her and Bonnie more than whining Elena, Brooding Stephan, and Evil Damon.

Comment

Anyone notice that the actor who played Lexi also played Dean's wife on Gilmore Girls?
            I def. like her as Lexi. wish they didn't have to kill her off. how evil is Damon? to kill his own kind in order to throw off the track of the police. talk about diabolical!!!!
            I still like him over Bonnie can we kill her off already she is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
              And question: What do birthdays mean when you're immortal? Just something to think about.
              *thinking…hmmm …what would Stefan and I have in common on birthdays*

I guess it means, chocolate mousse cake with coffee ice-cream on the side and a dollop of cool whip.
              This wouldn’t be a problem in my book for at least over 162 years.
              Last edited by Saber; 11-07-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I like this episode. Much better than the last two. And now it made sense as to why damon turned Vicki. When he stabbed Lexi my moth dropped. Elena and Stephen really bored and they seem so forced. Its true what they say about chemistry, you either got it or you don't

They progressed the story and played my favorite band, so yeah I loved it!

Comment

Another great episode at 8 out of 10. All the characters have great chemistry. This is the strength of the show. I was surprised that Lexy fit in so quickly especially with the Salvatore boys.

Comment

"He went through what I imagine you're going through: denial, anger, et cetera. But at the end of the day, love really did conquer all."

Wow what an episode. With this episode came a new character named Lexi. They introduced us, made us fall in love and then ripped her away. At least this death was just slightly better than the last several. This one really made sense in the scheme of things. God I hated Damon for what he did, but it'll be interesting to see what Damon's master plan is. AND WOW STEFAN WAY TO GO. I like it when Stefan goes all badass. And OMG the ending. Bonnie's vision.

I give this episode a 9 out of 10.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Forgot to mention but I thought Mattoline (Matt/Caroline) were very sweet together.
                    Last edited by super_j_man; 02-04-2012, 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

How are you seeing his just now?

Comment

Friends of mine her on K-Site have been trying to get me in the show. (We're playing a mafia game based on TVD in the Culture forums) I just now gave in.

Comment

9 points,
                          i freaked out when Damon stabbed Lexi through her heart..i so loved her, she was amazing and very protective about Stefan.
                          Damon is such badd arse. i can't believe he just killed her and he just going on killing people like it means nothing to him...
                          And i love the ending, it looks liek Boonie going to be more than just a girl in the show.. i love how she has shown her witch powers to Elena.
                          So basically Boonie great grand mother is possessing her? Can't wait to see whats going to be the next.

Comment

Originally posted by Munnag
                            i freaked out when Damon stabbed Lexi through her heart..i so loved her, she was amazing and very protective about Stefan.
                            Yeah, this was one of my first "I hate Damon" moments. I really loved Lexi.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                              Yeah, this was one of my first "I hate Damon" moments. I really loved Lexi.
                              Can't agree more, she was good looking, nice, sweet and more over its like she the one who look like can put brakes for Damon.
                              Sad to see that they killed such an awesome character just in one episode

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎