Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Changing Channels?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Herpes commercial had me falling out of my chair of laughter, and i always wondered where the trickster fell into all this heaven and hell thing... I mean for a moment there i even thought he was God and just had a mental breakdown... it makes sense though that he is Gabriel, and i'm so happy they take their time to really tie loose ends in this show. Great job, a very deserved 10/10

Comment

Loved it! This is one of my favorite episodes, if not my favorite!

Love the intro, Sam as Kitt and the herpes commercial! I can't stop laughing!

The twist was great and I didn't see it coming!

What else can I say, Kripke is a genius!

Last edited by LadyH; 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

That episode was great. I loved the theme song it would of been cool to see if they had done a csi version. It was fantastic and the Trickster twist was huge. Best trickster episode hope he comes back. The herpes commercial was really hilarious.

Comment

The actor really does look like a Gabriel pretty-boy.

Comment

Wow. I mean, WOW. That was absolutely hilarious! Comedy is not an easy thing -- - it can be tricky to pull off, but that was fabulous. That wasn't just chuckle funny, that was laugh-out-loud funny. Thank you Supernatural for another entertaining season. I will be sad to see things end this year.

Comment

i too was wondering where was the arch angel gabriel during all this. it was all michael this and michael that. i kept thinking there's another well known angel out there and it's gabriel. well now my question has been answered. we all had met him already.

Comment

Loved it. Again. 10/10.

Comment

OK, so starting from the top--how cute was it we just jumped into "Supernatural-the sitcom"? All that lime green decor, the "smeat" in the fridge, Sam coming in (so "Hi, honey, I'm home"!), and then the disapproving look Sam gave Dean when the girl came out of the bathroom? Oooo!

The theme song and a credit sequence! The bit with the bike, the bit with the football and them falling down! All hilarious stuff! (I was already laughing so hard--Trickster episodes are always so funny!)

Dean watching "Dr. Sexy, M.D." and obviously loving it.

Interviewing the girl and her telling them that it was The Incredible Hulk who did it. Dean's "Bana or Norton?" and her saying it Lou Ferrigno--loved it!

Back to the motel, Sam coming in again normal style and Dean researching on the computer, very nice.

Figuring out it's the Trickster and Dean saying "been wanting to gank that mother since Mystery Spot" (which totally sounded like he was talking about the episode to me! Anyone else?)

Sam, being Sam, wanting to make the Trickster an ally. "A bloody, violent monster and you wanna be Facebook friends with him?" (ah, we're long past the days when Dean didn't know what MySpace was, apparently.)

And this whole time when Sam was talking about ganking the Trickster I was thinking "wait, didn't Sam promise to leave him alone if he brought Dean back in Mystery Spot?" WTF?

Entering the warehouse and bam! Dr.'s Sam and Dean, Sam getting slapped (I think I would have thought that whole thing was funnier if I actually--you know--watched Grey's. I mean, I got some of it--the JDM/Denny reference, of course--but most of it?...).

Sam's theory that the "Trickster trapped us in TV Land" and Dean shooting it down immediately.

The transition to the Japanese game show...and poor Sam getting hit in the balls! (I don't remember Dean ever getting hit there, actually. Always seems to be Sam. I wonder if Jensen has it in his contract or something, or if Jared's just more game to go for it!)

Dean's expression when it happens, though. And his panic when he thinks he is next?

Cas! Loved his entrance and then seeing him getting zipped out? Pretty cool (loved the old style effect on that).

Dean speaking Japanese. And then, oh and then the Herpes commercial! I had to pause it, I was laughing so hard! (I wonder if that was sparked by Jared's "I think that midget stripper gave me herpes" line from the Season 1 gag reel?!)

The return to the sitcom, Cas returns but is bounced, the talk with the Trickster and the possibility that he's not what he seems. Interesting.

Then, the CSI parody.

"I am wearing sunglasses at night. Know who does that? No talent douchbags." OMFG!

When they cross under the tape, I gotta admit the boys looked awesome and sexy as hell. Those suits really worked on them! And yeah, Sam was great, riffing on Horatio/David Caruso.

Anyone else totally figure that they had not killed the Trickster? *raises hand*

And then....ooooo and then! When Dean was calling Sam and then Sam's voice and I was all "they didn't! Sam in the Impala?" and then to see that screen and Sam as KITT!!! (That was something I had not seen in any of the spoilers so that was a total surprise for me!) I think I might have screamed a bit, actually. In between laughing. The Impala as KITT (please, KITT wishes he was as cool as the Impala!). And then Dean rummaging around in the trunk and I totally saw that joke coming but laughed anyway when Sam said--
                  "Dean? That, uh, that feels really uncomfortable." And "Ow." (And Sam as the Impala--is. now. canon.)

(BTW, if Sam was KITT then that meant Dean was the Hoff--fitting 'eh?)

OK, the revelation that the Trickster was an angel, was Gabriel. Totally didn't see that coming (and it left me a little confused--so has the Trickster been Gabriel all along? Even back in Tall Tales and Mystery Spot?).

This bit here:
                  "This isn't about a war. This about two brothers that loved each other and betrayed each other. You'd think you'd be able to relate."

And then the revelations that they've been the intended vessels since Creation and that one is destined to kill the other (which, I'm sorry, but not very big surprises to me--anyone else?).

In short, this episode was funny as hell and made me laugh so hard I was gasping for breath but the 'destiny' stuff was kinda boring (and seemed rather pointless).

Which was why I gave it a 9. It just missed a perfect 10 for me.

Comment

Woww awesome episode!!!! I loved it!!!!!

Comment

10+! A very innovative episode! Loved Sam's Herpes Commercial! Poor Sam he was so embarrassed and uncomfortable!

Comment

Complete waste of time....all i wanna see is saving people, huting things..not a scrubs/ER ripoff

waste of time..

Comment

Loved the line, "What's the difference satan's gonna ride his ass anyway" :ROFL:

Comment

i have only just got season 5 and i LOVED this episode, i have just been through the horrific earthquake in New Zealand and watching this made me forget about everything and bought smiles to my friends faces through this horrible time. the herpies ad, GOLD

Comment

So glad that you had something to cheer you up during this tough time.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎