No announcement yet.

Ryan - Revealing his identity so quickly

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan - Revealing his identity so quickly

Not a major beef with how they handled it, but I really would have rather had the showrunners build up Ryan's character as a major leader in the resistance before "outting" him. Maybe halfway through the season they could have had him admitting his true identity or perhaps in a skirmish he gets cut (like in the premiere) and someone sees what is under his skin.

It just seemed too soon in my opinion to out him and I felt that scene in general was sort of awkward.

Anyone else agree? I haven't watched the old series so this is a perspective from someone new to the -V- universe.

They could have dragged it out, but if they have a beginning, middle, and end as they say they do, then there is a plan for all of this.

So, right now, I'm just going to have to trust the writing until I have a reason not to, if that makes any sense.

I, for one, was really pumped to know that there was some Fifth Columnists (they may not be called that in the new one) out there who are going to help the Resistance because I loved that in the original. So...I'm probably easily pleased

Comment

i was shocked that this came out in the pilot, but i supposed they needed a twist, to be different from the old v.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
        They could have dragged it out, but if they have a beginning, middle, and end as they say they do, then there is a plan for all of this.

So, right now, I'm just going to have to trust the writing until I have a reason not to, if that makes any sense.

I, for one, was really pumped to know that there was some Fifth Columnists (they may not be called that in the new one) out there who are going to help the Resistance because I loved that in the original. So...I'm probably easily pleased
        I too hope they retain "The Fifth Column".

Comment

They've lived among us for centuries and it looked like Ryan's friend knew about his true identity long before Ryan seemed to just want a normal life, but as soon as they arrived that dream ended. It's just now a matter of how long he can keep up the dual identity from his girl.

Comment

That was a great twist! This episode kept me guessing. i like how they tied together terrorists and Vs. I am abit confused, but i'm sure more will be revealed. They have
            set up various plot scenarios.

At the meeting, I didn't know what they were doing till it was revealed. I thought they were going to implant something in their heads. Cool reveals.

Comment

Problem is, with all of today's spoilery on the Internet, there's not much room for any surprise factors. The Ryan reveal lacked drama. It was anticlimactic. And Dark, Georgie didn't say the Vs have lived among us "for centuries." He said "for years." But here's something that doesn't make much sense. If any V could be found out just by bleeding, how could a secret cell be so secretive -- and so careful -- that its members could completely avoid getting cut? And how did Georgie know about the Vs reptilian nature? How would he even suspect anyone?
              And the much, much bigger question...
              How the hell does Erica not drag Dale outta that warehouse in handcuffs and hand him straight over to her FBI colleagues? If she's FBI, she deals in evidence and proof. His capture is the biggest proof there is, of the Vs' true nature?
              And why would Erica have to organize a rag-tag resistance force when she could present the evidence to the U.S. military?
              Oh and something else: Do the Vs not believe in carrying handguns? Why were their goons who raided the warehouse arming themselves with axes and sickles instead of 9mms and AK-47s?

Comment

I'm all over the internet and it's impossible not to stumble on spoilers, mostly from
                comments posts. But, you can avoid most major spoilers if you are careful.
                I was surprised at some of the twists and was very entertained.

Comment

It was a bit fast, I have to agree, but, it was a great twist.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvestter
                    i was shocked that this came out in the pilot, but i supposed they needed a twist, to be different from the old v.
                    Remember... Willy was outted early in the original when he walked into the freezer and his fake human skin pealed. Harmony saw it.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Ham Tyler
                    If any V could be found out just by bleeding, how could a secret cell be so secretive -- and so careful -- that its members could completely avoid getting cut? And how did Georgie know about the Vs reptilian nature? How would he even suspect anyone?
                    And the much, much bigger question...
                    How the hell does Erica not drag Dale outta that warehouse in handcuffs and hand him straight over to her FBI colleagues? If she's FBI, she deals in evidence and proof. His capture is the biggest proof there is, of the Vs' true nature?
                    And why would Erica have to organize a rag-tag resistance force when she could present the evidence to the U.S. military?
                    Oh and something else: Do the Vs not believe in carrying handguns? Why were their goons who raided the warehouse arming themselves with axes and sickles instead of 9mms and AK-47s?
                    Great points! Here's another, if V's have been embedded among us for years, why did Anna pick a human as her spokesperson? An embedded V as spokesperson would tell all of her lies willingly and not be potentially problematic like Chad (Christine Walsh).

Also, how did the embedded V's get here? Smaller motherships? Nobody saw them land?

As for your comment about V's bleeding, I watched the preview for episode 2 and they show Ryan wrapping his arm in a bandage and then someone injecting something into his arm. I'm speculating here that Ryan didn't go to a Healing Centre because he needs to stay under cover as a traitor but that the V's Healing Centres have superior drugs to heal flesh wounds quickly.

Also, in the preview for next week, Dale is not dead and they showed someone pulling his body off the floor (with green blood under him) so I'm suspecting here that he was dragged by a V to a Healing Centre and they put him back together quickly through advanced medical technology.
                    Last edited by resistorperish; 11-05-2009, 06:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ryan is awesome. I am hoping that he can heal himself in the future.

Comment

Of all the characters seen so far i have to say that Ryan is my favourite & im really excited to see what's in store for him. Being revealed as a visitor was a great twist & something that i wasn't expecting but i got to agree that i thought it was a little rushed (i guess it went along as the same pace of the entire episode) & would of liked to have seen it played out a bit longer.

I also don't get why Erica's partner had to reveal himself, im sure it wouldnt of been easy to place a visitor in the FBI & for him to reveal himself was so unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by El Nino
                          I also don't get why Erica's partner had to reveal himself, im sure it wouldnt of been easy to place a visitor in the FBI & for him to reveal himself was so unnecessary.
                          The way I see it, the embedded Visitors were going about their lives waiting for the motherships to arrive just like the 9/11 terrorists were embedded sleeper cells in America. Once the motherships arrived, they "awoke" metaphorically and are now fulfilling their part of the plan so it doesn't matter to them if humans know who they are because they have Visitor military backup. The charade is basically over and it's time to fight. That's how I see it

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                            They've lived among us for centuries and it looked like Ryan's friend knew about his true identity long before Ryan seemed to just want a normal life, but as soon as they arrived that dream ended. It's just now a matter of how long he can keep up the dual identity from his girl.
                            I think the longer Ryan tries to keep the truth from Valerie the more likely are they to crash and burn for good.

Comment

I liked how they did it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎