No announcement yet.

Anyone else's Head Hurt?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else's Head Hurt?

So, if Hiro saved Charlie then would that also change the path of the Carnie's? Because Mo wouldn't have been as involved with the Heroes and thus prob wouldn't have met Samuel and so he wouldn't have made a 'big mistake 8 weeks ago'? I don't like that they're letting it ride the massive change of Charlie being alive - no one's future would be the same as long as that rides - including the preview for next week showing Peter.....

i think i am confused

Comment

Now that you mention it...yup. My head was spinning while the episode was airing though.

I don't understand how Charlie living would upset everyone's future though.
      How exactly would Sylar gaining her power of remembering things be all that vital? It's a it's very passive power.

Comment

Charlie she leaped forward into the future. So the people and places she would've interacted within those 3 years didn't happen. She went missing almost the same as dead. Just not dead. So no butterfly effect...I think?

Comment

I was underwelmed with the episode.

Comment

Time travel troubles for the show..

Time travel has turned what was was becoming a promising season into a jumbled mess. Let me count the mishaps:

1-curing charlie will create plot holes the size of texas

2-interacting with both past-tense Noah and Ando, and his past self=more bone headed writing

3-the averted fling for past-tense Noah, and the mindwipe of his partner? huh?

4-time freeze sylar, unfreeze time, go find the bus he was on, oh suprise he's not in the baggage!

5-hiro disappears from the picture, while samuel casually instructs future hiro of his misteps (why didn't samuel instruct the writers?)

6-and finally, samuel uses his dying time controller one last time to to trap charlie in time just like Peter's irish chick from season 2. The writer's rehashed the same gimmick that Adam used against Peter to get him to work for him, only adam was a lot more subtle. Now, if the pattern continues, hiro will never see charlie again, and we'll never hear about anyone being trapped in time.

Connect all these events together, and you have a perfect mess. The previews were uninspiring as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylg
              Time travel has turned what was was becoming a promising season into a jumbled mess. Let me count the mishaps

I don't agree. How are these mishaps?

1.curing charlie will create plot holes the size of texas---How? She's cured and has leaped forward in time and is trapped somewhere. If she had died she wouldn't have interacted with anyone and with her cured and time skipped...she still hasn't. Just some concerend folks looking for her...seeing as she vanished. Then again she talked of traveling the world so some would've assumed she did just that. So now no one would then be looking for her.

2-interacting with both past-tense Noah and Ando, and his past self=more bone headed writing.---They made sure Hiro put them on their original paths. Hiro told Ando to wait for him and All he did with Noah was idle chit chat. No big rip in time or space. Smart writing I think. They had Hiro cover his bases.

3-the averted fling for past-tense Noah, and the mindwipe of his partner? huh?---Okay this I agree with. It made no sense whatsoever. My guess is they are bringing HrG's partner back at some point and this was their attempt at weaving her into the story. Probably a way to show how HrG would care for this person.

4-time freeze sylar, unfreeze time, go find the bus he was on, oh suprise he's not in the baggage!---I don't get it? How is this a mishap? He froze time to save Charlie, Moved Sylar out of the picture. Charlie was still sick, Hiro figures a way to save her. Goes to find Sylar. Ofcourse he would'nt be there it's suspense. Cheap but effective. I thought.

5-hiro disappears from the picture, while samuel casually instructs future hiro of his misteps (why didn't samuel instruct the writers?)---See #2 He's correcting the mistakes Samuels pointing out. How is this bad writing?

6-Now, if the pattern continues, hiro will never see charlie again, and we'll never hear about anyone being trapped in time.---Maybe, maybe not. I think the writers have heard enough about Caitlan. So I doubt they would rehash that storyline just to mess it up.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorrenegade
                Charlie she leaped forward into the future. So the people and places she would've interacted within those 3 years didn't happen. She went missing almost the same as dead. Just not dead. So no butterfly effect...I think?
                that does kinda make sense, except what about future Hiro sending past Hiro somewhere else? Wouldn't that have some kinda effect? And also, Sylar's plans clearly changed when he gave his 'smirk' in his last scene. Hiro directly affected two other people in the past besides Charlie....

Comment

I think that smirk was more of a "whatever, Hiro" smirk.

To be honest it would've been awesome if Hiro saved Isaac. Would've created a plot hole, a pretty major one, but still. It was good seeing the old characters again. And why doesn't Hiro do something like send Sylar to the end of time?

Did anyone else get really happy when they noticed that she was played by the same person who played Kate Lockley in Angel?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                    that does kinda make sense, except what about future Hiro sending past Hiro somewhere else? Wouldn't that have some kinda effect? And also, Sylar's plans clearly changed when he gave his 'smirk' in his last scene. Hiro directly affected two other people in the past besides Charlie....
                    F-Hiro sent P-Hiro backwards in time to fall in love with Charlie. I don't think nothing has changed. Hiro still falls in love*clearly*. I didn't notice the smirk on Sylar's face. But if there was one couldn't it have been a result of him hearing the cheerleaders in the background,just around the corner?
                    Last edited by warriorrenegade; 11-02-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I loved how Hiro realized if he saved Charlie then Season 1 Hiro wouldn't go back in time to try and save her. This was really smart writing because the writers identified a valid plot hole the viewers would think of and came up with a solution for it. In the past they would have just ignored but this time they took the opportunity to have it make sense. I really liked this episode.

Comment

wouldn't Sylar have said something about recognizing Hiro when he "first" met him later on. Maybe he he did say something now it just altered a scene we saw in an earlier episode because this altered the timeline right. Charlie died and and sylar didn't meet hiro the first time around and then Hiro came back and the timeline scheeeeeeeewed off(sorry SHOE Back to the Future reference) and now Sylar would recognize him. But maybe he wouldn't say anything because he would know present Hiro at that time wouldn't know what he was talking about because it was future Hiro that meet him. Time travel stuff gets complicated. In Heroes it rewrites over the timeline like in Back to the Future or Smallville not like Terminator where it creates multiple timelines happening side by side. I'm pretty sure anyway because they stopped the explosion and the virus and it was like those things happened but then they changed it and it rewrote over it. I didn't get the impression that those timelines are still side by side with the main timeline I got the impression they were erased. Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by gj430
                          wouldn't Sylar have said something about recognizing Hiro when he "first" met him later on.
                          Maybe he won't remember him now that he doesn't have Charlie's super-memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                            I just watched it and I get it. Our Present Hiro sent past Hiro back in time so that Hiro and Charlie would fall in love - mainly so that CHARLIE would fall in love with HIRO and to keep the space/time continum in tact since Past Hiro STILL time travels back in time on a mission to save her.

Sylar's smirk I thought was more of a indication that his plans did NOT change because in the scene where Hiro tells him that even though he get's everything he wanted, he still dies alone and no one mourns his loss - in that scene u can clearly see it effects him deeply. But, even knowing this, it's not enough to change his path. Sylar is just all... "whatever, you crazy litle Japanese fool" and goes about his destructive path anyways.

What I find interesting with that, is now maaaaybe there is a glimmer that Sylar will eventually learn to live on the side of the good because he CHOSES too and isn't tricked into it like he was with Angela/Arthur/Samuel after he see's how alone his pattern of destruction is leaving him. It had to feel good to save Charlie's life! Come on! He's emo.. it could work... lol. Wouldn't be right away.. in fact not during the timeframe between then and up to season 4 episode 8 at least, lol. But the door is there. All he needs to do is step through it.
                            Last edited by RedPhoenix23; 11-03-2009, 02:10 AM.

Comment

I always thought Sylar taking Charlie's photographic memory was the only reason why he made it out of the "Bag and Tag building" If I recalled correctly, it went in this order; Sylar finds charlie, kills her for power, attempt to kill cheerleader/claire but fails, gets caught by hatian/eden, company talked to him, eden acted on her own but gets suicides, company again catches sylar, Noah gave the command to the Hatian to hollow him out and let him remember nothing, THIS is why Sylar is lucky because Charlie's power > Hatian memory swipe. Finally, the company also experimented on Sylar while he was "faking" that he lost all his memories but that turned out wrong when he tricked the doctor and locks Noah up. So... without Charlie's power than Sylar would of forgot who he is, what powers he got, or even the purpose of killing at all he would basically become a new person. That's the main screw up here.. because the only way I can see him getting his memories back is through Claire's power but he won't go after Claire if he forget who he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎