No announcement yet.

More effective hero: Chloe or Clark?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More effective hero: Chloe or Clark?

When Oliver asked Chloe if Clark knew what she did she said something to the effect of: no way, Clark would never have let what was done be done. Which got me wondering....which is the more effective hero. Chloe who went low to get results and got them, or Clark wouldn't have let that happen? Or is it just a matter of moral principal between the two and the way they go about getting results? I guess Clark would want to do it in a way where noone gets hurt, where Chloe understands that things need to happen to get things to happen. Who is right? Is there a right? What do you think?

Clark. Cuz no one will remember poor chloe for anything she has done. lol

Comment

Clark is the biggest and most best hero on the show.

I don't consider any of Chloe's actions over the last couple of seasons heroic.

Comment

Wow. This thread makes me sad.

*have flashbacks of a certain thread last season*

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by selina
        clark is the biggest and most best hero on the show.

I don't consider any of chloe's actions over the last couple of seasons heroic.
        Word!
        Last edited by Nanda Lane; 11-03-2009, 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What is Chloe going to do? Type the bad guys to death? Change the passwords on their computers? The whole point about being a hero is that you do not sink down the same level as the villains. Chloe has been on a slippery slope since the beginning of the season, and she knows it. That is why she didn't tell Clark about her little Roulette game with Oliver. Sure she gets results, but at what moral cost to her character.

I would say Clark is a far more effective at being a hero, since he can actually save people, without compromising his morals to the same level as Chloe.

selina: I don't consider any of Chloe's actions over the last couple of seasons heroic.
          Spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by RabidforClois
            What is Chloe going to do? Type the bad guys to death? Change the passwords on their computers? The whole point about being a hero is that you do not sink down the same level as the villains. Chloe has been on a slippery slope since the beginning of the season, and she knows it. That is why she didn't tell Clark about her little Roulette game with Oliver. Sure she gets results, but at what moral cost to her character.

I would say Clark is a far more effective at being a hero, since he can actually save people, without compromising his morals to the same level as Chloe.

Spot on!
            I donīt let myself get caught in that battle. I just find your post very funny, considering that our whole life is connected with computers and the internet. If people can controll the virtual world, then they can control our strom supplie, our financial system, the law-system, they can control official weapon systems. Imagine a person who can delete any virtual trace that you existed. They can delete your whloe existence, you would be without a citizenship, without money etc... That sounds like a lot of power.

I think Clark knows that too. Otherwise he wouldnīt ask Chloe so much to help him.
            Clark has a lot of physical strength, and so he will get the glory for his actions (or is alter ego). Chloe is working behind the scenes. She safes people like the one in echo without them actualy knowing it. In my cards that makes her pretty effective. And that has nothing to do with morals. No one will ever notice the woman behind the computer who put the strings, but they will notice the man in the blue spandex and the red underwear who appears on the spotlight. No one ever mentioned Q, but he is the mastermind behind James Bond.

Nevertheless James Bond and Clark Kent/ the Blur need the support from Q or Chloe.

Comment

seasons 1-3 clark, season 4-7 chloe,
              clark has gotten better recently.

Comment

I think they're both effective in their own way, I mean obviously Chloe is never gonna be a superhero like Clark but in Roulette she did what no one else did, saved Oliver.

No amount of talking from Lois, Tess or Clark was going to make him see what was in his heart and Chloe knew this, he had to be shown, to see for himself. Oliver does have a flair for the dramatic and Chloe's game worked for him.

Comment

Surely, not everyone's methods will be the same, and even if the end result is positive, you DO have to look at how you got there in making a decision whether or not someone is a hero. Chloe's methods were effective, here, but they were in no way heroic.

Originally posted by ksa
                  I think Clark knows that too. Otherwise he wouldnīt ask Chloe so much to help him.
                  It is good that Clark can utilize all his resources, and that includes Chloe. But what sets him apart is that he doesn't need to depend on his other resources 100% of the time.

Clark has a lot of physical strength, and so he will get the glory for his actions (or is alter ego). Chloe is working behind the scenes. She safes people like the one in echo without them actualy knowing it. In my cards that makes her pretty effective. And that has nothing to do with morals. No one will ever notice the woman behind the computer who put the strings, but they will notice the man in the blue spandex and the red underwear who appears on the spotlight.
                  Effective in Echo, yes. Justice, yes. I see Chloe's heroic side when she's going above and beyond helping CLARK save the day. A lot of times it's some sort of techno thingamading she does that gives him that one piece of info he'll ultimately need. But in the end, she is NOT a stand alone hero on equal level with Clark. No one is. That was proven in Roulette.

This is a very touchy topic, but I do not see Chloe as a hero at all. Sure, she does have some heroic traits. Sure, her techno skills are an asset to Clark. But it's Clark's overall sense of real justice and what it means to save someone, in every sense that makes him, ultimately, a more effective hero.

Comment

Originally posted by ksa
                    I donīt let myself get caught in that battle. I just find your post very funny, considering that our whole life is connected with computers and the internet. If people can controll the virtual world, then they can control our strom supplie, our financial system, the law-system, they can control official weapon systems. Imagine a person who can delete any virtual trace that you existed. They can delete your whloe existence, you would be without a citizenship, without money etc... That sounds like a lot of power.

Clark has a lot of physical strength, and so he will get the glory for his actions (or is alter ego). Chloe is working behind the scenes. She safes people like the one in echo without them actualy knowing it. In my cards that makes her pretty effective. And that has nothing to do with morals. No one will ever notice the woman behind the computer who put the strings, but they will notice the man in the blue spandex and the red underwear who appears on the spotlight. No one ever mentioned Q, but he is the mastermind behind James Bond.

Nevertheless James Bond and Clark Kent/ the Blur need the support from Q or Chloe
                    I agree!

Originally posted by Lori
                    I think they're both effective in their own way, I mean obviously Chloe is never gonna be a superhero like Clark but in Roulette she did what no one else did, saved Oliver.

No amount of talking from Lois, Tess or Clark was going to make him see what was in his heart and Chloe knew this, he had to be shown, to see for himself. Oliver does have a flair for the dramatic and Chloe's game worked for him.
                    I also agree with certain points you both have made. Also with hellokitty. I guess its just a question of what makes a person a hero or makes a persons actions heroic or not heroic. I'm starting to confuse myself and I'm sure I'm repeating what everyone is saying. Sorry.
                    Last edited by BohoRoohaha; 11-04-2009, 12:26 PM.

Comment

chloe is a hero for me!!!! and she will always be!!!!!!!
                      i don't care if she makes mistakes..clark make them too...

but both off them are heroes in their own personal way...
                      clark is a superheroe because he is from another planet he has power and he saves people...and he is SUPERMAN
                      but chloe doesn't have powers and still have make a lot of heroeic thing
                      maybe this two last seasons are not her best...

biut she has saved clark thousands of times!!!! and she has also help to save the world a million times...wheter it was with clark or with the justice league or with the isis foundation or whatever...like jimmy said she is a hero!!!!!!!!!!!
                      and i think that on the first couple of episodes of this seasons she has helped and saved the world too...yeah clark ddid it too...but she is defenitly a big part of all of them..

i hate that people said chloe is the villan of the story...i mean come on!!!!!!!! she has saved lana lois clark oliver!!!! probably clark would be dead right now if chloe hasn't save him!!! and that goes both ways!

i love their friendship and i love both of them!!! and i think BOTH of them are heroes!

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
                        seasons 1-3 clark, season 4-7 chloe,
                        clark has gotten better recently.
                        ^ This.

Comment

Donīt get me wrong clark/ superman is the ultimative superhero of all times, because he is nearly invincible, super fast, strong and he can fly. Hopefully soon. So but he was never my favourite hero. I always thought that heros like batman are much greater heros or police officers, fire mens etc.. They risk their life even if they donīt have powers and could very easily get killed.

For me Clark is a hero because he chooses to use his amazing powers to do good and not to enslave mankind. But my admiration for those people who fight for good without those powers are much higher.

Of course Chloe can not operate on the same level than clark can, but she uses all her skills and her heart to help people, withou superhuman strength. Chloe is a new hero, she will learn and she will experience that some boundaries should not be crossed. Clark had whole his live and Ma and Pa Kent to learn how to use his powers. Chloeīs powers that came along with the WT were given her suddenly, and we will see her struggling. But eventually she will learn to controll them and use them responsible. Clark needed eight years to become the hero he is now and his way is not even finished yet. No one can expect from chloe to be perfect in a few weeks.

But the events of echo and roulette have shown that Chloe has a lot of potential to be a hero on her own. and yes she was pretty effective in the last episodes. She tracked down Metallo, she helped emil to safe the people from metropolis from the virus, she safed the people at the QI party and she safed Ollie. That is a quiet an impressive list for somebody who is new to the buisness. JMO.

Comment

The two really can't be compared, since they operate on different values and strengths! Firstly, Clark is rightfully so called a soutboy, who always rethinks something a 100 times to the point of inaction, whereas Chloe is willing to tread into the gray arrea if she trully believes, that is the needed course of action in a particular instance!
                            Secondly, Clark has superpowers, whereas Chloe has her hackerskills and often uses cooperation with other such as Dr. Hamilton or Oliver to solve a case! She is more of a teamplayer where as Clark isn't! He isn't that kind of a hero! Much like Batman, he is a lonewolf, he may become a part of the JL, but there will always be that small part of him which feel feel out off place! Ironicly enough, despite the fact, that he has that in common with Batman, he can't stand the man, cos he much like Chloe is willing to venture into the gray if that is needed, where as Clark isn't

Comment

Originally posted by Selina
                              Clark is the biggest and most best hero on the show.

I don't consider any of Chloe's actions over the last couple of seasons heroic.
                              Truer words were never spoken

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎