No announcement yet.

Nod to Superman Returns, Bullet Scene, movies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nod to Superman Returns, Bullet Scene, movies

Well, lately, the nods and references to a few movies really has me hyped and enjoying Smallville lately. I mean, The few Matrix references, along with including some elements from other movies from these episodes, i am really loving Smallville.

Of course they're not ripping them off at all(they'd have to go a lot farther than tey have)... But I for one eat them up and want more!

THis Episode, the Bullet scene from the gun--it reminded me HEAVILY of Superman Return's bullet scene on the rooftop. And i recently watched that Scene, so...

I'm happy the Super Scenes are matching the Matrix and Returns in awesomeness, What are your thoughts on this?

Oh, and did anyone else thing "Superman Returns" for Crossfire's scene?

Yeah, right away.

Next, I would like to see The Blur catch a falling/crashing airplane at some point in the series.

Comment

I agree with you commander

Originally posted by DC Fanboy
      Yeah, right away.

Next, I would like to see The Blur catch a falling/crashing airplane at some point in the series.
      there was something similar,but with train in Savior ....

Comment

well I mean like how it was done in Superman Returns or the pilot 3-parter episode of Superman TAS, but that scene alone would probably require the whole season's budget.

Comment

What's the story with the pilot 3-parter episode of Superman TAS? NEver saw that....

Comment

Originally posted by Super Maverick
            What's the story with the pilot 3-parter episode of Superman TAS? NEver saw that....
            [SPOILER]On the first parter, they show the events of Krypton before it explodes. Jor-El sends Kal-El off to Earth. On the second parter, Kal-El arrives on Earth. In his teenage years, Clark begins to realize his superpowers and his kryptonian heritage. Then he meets Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Lex Luthor when he becomes an adult just hired for the Daily Planet. On the third parter, Metropolis takes notice of the new caped superhero. Superman battles John Corben in the Lexi suit. [/SPOILER]

You should see it when you have the chance.

Comment

Yeah, right away.

To do that he would actually have to fly

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                yeah, i'm actually expecting that to happen by S9 finale at latest.

Comment

I noticed it.

Comment

I noticed it too and I have to say the SV version was a Helluva lot Cooler!

Comment

[SPOILER]On the first parter, they show the events of Krypton before it explodes. Jor-El sends Kal-El off to Earth. On the second parter, Kal-El arrives on Earth. In his teenage years, Clark begins to realize his superpowers and his kryptonian heritage. Then he meets Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Lex Luthor when he becomes an adult just hired for the Daily Planet. On the third parter, Metropolis takes notice of the new caped superhero. Superman battles John Corben in the Lexi suit. [/SPOILER]

You should see it when you have the chance.
                      actually, I meant was there a bullet scene similar to what we are discussing here?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                        Why not let him super leap to a airplane thats in danger, we never seen that before, well only in the comics (possibly) and cartoon series

Comment

Originally posted by Super Maverick
                          actually, I meant was there a bullet scene similar to what we are discussing here?
                          I think he's referring to the plane; Superman does a plane catch in the third episode, I believe. Unfortunately for him, the laws of physics apply. Hilarity ensues.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎