Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Erica/Father Jack Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said in my "Archetypes" thread: I have a feeling we are looking at the new Juliet/Donovan dynamic in these two characters.

Comment

I love them! Wasn't a big fan of the pilot, but those two characters kept me interested and wanting to tune in for more.

Comment

I do see the sexual potential between them, but for once I'm hoping that they WON'T go down the romantic route; I think they're better as just allies. If they ever hooked up I would honestly be slightly unsettled, and not because he's a priest.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by EMLostfan
        Matthew Fox? J/k
        I wouldn't mind them bringing Josh Holloway over to be her new FBI partner.
        he looks way too young to me
        Last edited by dru-zod2501; 11-15-2009, 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
          If they ever hooked up I would honestly be slightly unsettled, and not because he's a priest.
          Just curious...why would you be unsettled about them hooking up if it's not because he's a priest? Because, I, personally, think the priesthood, is the only really big obstacle for them.

Comment

I'm thinking that if these 2 ever hook up it's going to happen in some sort of "3 months later" segment after the resistance is over and the V's have been put to flight, in the last 5 minutes of the show, which means that the audience would never get to see it properly. Still, it would be better than nothing.
            Last edited by shadow08; 11-15-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
              I do see the sexual potential between them, but for once I'm hoping that they WON'T go down the romantic route; I think they're better as just allies. If they ever hooked up I would honestly be slightly unsettled, and not because he's a priest.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

he looks way too young to me
              That's an old picture of Josh Holloway, he and Mitchell are the same age I believe. I just posted one where his hair was cut, and he was kinda preppy. It would be nice to see him take a different look after Lost.

BTW I have been enjoying the Father Jack and Erica scenes. I'm always a shipper, so I definately need a pair to root for.

Comment

Looks like father Jack may be leaving the priesthood early. Perhaps that means Erica/Jack can finally start to move forward slowly but surely.
                Last edited by EMLostfan; 11-25-2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

It does seem like it's more possible. And if his fellow priest (the old guy) ends up being a Visitor, too (as I've been suspecting he is), that would be even more of a push for him to leave the profession, I suppose. I have to say, Erica and Father Jack are the two characters who keep me so riveted on the show. I mean, the others are all interesting, too, but the performances of those two light up the screen so much, and I've already grown remarkably attached to those characters, even though it's only been four episodes.

Comment

Looks like father Jack may be leaving the priesthood early. Perhaps that means Erica/Jack can finally start to move forward slowly but surely.
                    I do think Jack is going to have to, at least, get away from St. Josephine's because the Visitors know where he lives and works now. No way he can stay there.

I'm not sure if he will actually give up the priesthood (not sure if that has to be official or what; not really sure how all that works), but I think he'll choose to be a soldier (over a priest as Georgie put it) very soon because he HAS to. The decision has pretty much been made for him. I actually wonder if the new cast poster is indicative of that since he is shown in casual clothes and not his priestly garb as he was in this poster or this one.

I agree that the relationship will have to move slowly. I'm sort of hoping that if Jack can't go back to the church, he'll need SOMEWHERE to stay and maybe he bunks either with Georgie or Erica and that Erica will help him recover from his attack. I think that would be a good way to help them bond and trust each other even more.
                    Last edited by savingpeoplething; 03-07-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I'm seriously loving them. they could totally get around the priest thing with him just saying his faith will never change, but God's path for him has changed, and leave the priesthood. He'll end up getting together with Erica later. I'm a christian, not catholic, but a christian and this wouldn't upset me in the least. I think it's only natural for a man to want to get married ext. God did make Adam and Eve JMO

Comment

You can't deny that they have great chemistry. Episode 5 went out of its way to showcase that chemistry in a big way. Yeah. I'm liking this pair.

Comment

they could totally get around the priest thing with him just saying his faith will never change, but God's path for him has changed, and leave the priesthood.
                          That's my view as well. As long as he stays a man of faith, I'm okay with him not being a priest anymore.

I'm a christian, not catholic, but a christian and this wouldn't upset me in the least.
                          Same here. I'm a Christian and Protestant as opposed to being Catholic, so maybe I don't understand what the problem would be, but I'm guessing as long as he's not a priest IN a relationship, it'd be okay for him to be IN a relationship if he left the priesthood?

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by closetclana
                          You can't deny that they have great chemistry. Episode 5 went out of its way to showcase that chemistry in a big way. Yeah. I'm liking this pair.
                          I enjoyed all the little shippy moments in episode 5 like the hug and their talk at the end.

It was also kinda cute how she kept asking "Where's Jack?" or "Have you heard about Jack?". It was a priority for her to find out about him.
                          Last edited by savingpeoplething; 04-01-2010, 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yea I can see how this is going to be an obstacle for them, but it definately doesn't make it impossible for them to be together. All my preachers have always been married, but then again I'm not catholic lol.

Comment

I am really excited for this ship right now. I didn't go into V looking to ship Erica with a priest, but their chemistry is wonderful. I think the UST will be one thing that will help V stay on the air, too. Like EM said, once they kiss, you lose interest. Also, it's nice to see a more uncommon way to keep the two characters apart than a triangle. I'm looking forward to seeing Jack's struggle with his choices, fighting, his attraction to Erica, and his faith.

Let's hope V stays EM-triangle free, as almost everything she does has her as the second choice woman, who ends up heartbroken. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by wistfulwatcher

Let's hope V stays EM-triangle free, as almost everything she does has her as the second choice woman, who ends up heartbroken. Sheesh.
                                Even if she ends up as the woman in the middle who the guys are fighting over?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎