The Erica/Father Jack Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caesis
    +1.

Anyone feel the sexual tension between Erica and Joshua when they met in real life for the first time?

Haha, but seriously, there's not too much there besides two half decent looking people with similar goals. Like in TSCC's Jameron. I was a huge TSCC junkie, but the relationship made no sense. She was a freakin robot. Cmon, if she was ugly, it wouldn't be a thought. But she's a hot robot. So ofc they hafta ship.

So true. I mean, I am sure if they wrote it properly it could work. At Dragon*Con someone asked Morena's opinion on who Erica should end up with and she choose Father Jack, and then for season 3, Anna.

(And on a side note, I so agree with the Jameron ship. I never understood it either. I always thought they had more of a pseudo-brother/sister relationship more then anything).

Comment

I totally wrote an entry in my LJ about Father Jack and The Sound of Music comparison:
      Erica Evans and Jack Landry are going to be a couple by the time V's story ends. That's not speculation. That's just basic setup. If you have two leads holding hands at the end of the Pilot, well, come on... I might not know why the Vs are on Earth and what their plans are right…

I love Morena for being a Jack/Erica shipper

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
        I totally wrote an entry in my LJ about Father Jack and The Sound of Music comparison:
        Erica Evans and Jack Landry are going to be a couple by the time V's story ends. That's not speculation. That's just basic setup. If you have two leads holding hands at the end of the Pilot, well, come on... I might not know why the Vs are on Earth and what their plans are right…

I love Morena for being a Jack/Erica shipper
        Wow I absolutely love your blog. I also love the way you talk about faith, it reminds me a lot of the way I view it as well. I'm hoping the writers see how amazing Erica and Jack could be, which I think they have, and eventually put Jack and Erica together. I think there will be a lot of angst, which I absolutely love, but it will be a beautiful pure love kinda thing which I absolutely love to watch.
        Last edited by EMLostfan; 09-13-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

What I like about what I think they're doing is that Jack isn't giving up his faith FOR Erica, which is what I think would make people angry about it.

I think they're going the route of Jack is being forced out by the church for speaking out against the Visitors and for me, I think that's the better way to approach it. Because then, it's not so much Jack leaving the church because he falls in love, but because the church doesn't have the right focus, which makes Jack not being there more noble (in my mind, anyway). Why stay in the church if it's corrupt? Why add to the Visitor-loving mindset that takes away from his faith and corrupts all the parishioners?

To bring it back to a shipper stand-point, for me, Jack being out of a corrupt church makes him being in love with Erica a little easier to take, in terms of his priesthood, if that makes any sense.

I think God would rather him fall in love with a stand-up woman and be faithful to God than to stay in a corrupt establishment.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by EMLostfan
          I'm hoping the writers see how amazing Erica and Jack could be, which I think they have, and eventually put Jack and Erica together.
          I don't think there is a question of IF they'll put Jack and Erica together, but more of WHEN they'll do it. I think the war will definitely bring them closer in Season 2.

Originally posted by EMLostfan
          I think there will be a lot of angst, which I absolutely love, but it will be a beautiful pure love kinda thing which I absolutely love to watch.
          I think the obstacle for Jack and Erica is much more interesting than say, just an old-fashioned love triangle (which, could or could not happen in Season 2...I'm hoping that it doesn't, myself) because it's angst in terms of "I actually really do like you, but I'm not sure if it's okay to".

I'm of the mindset that it's more interesting to have a couple who actually love each other who are put in difficult circumstances than have a couple who might love each other, but who are intentionally kept apart because "happy is boring", so to see Jack and Erica actually have feelings for each other and try to pursue them, but being given angst with his faith could be a lot of fun to watch.
          Last edited by savingpeoplething; 09-15-2010, 06:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'm of the mindset that it's more interesting to have a couple who actually love each other who are put in difficult circumstances than have a couple who might love each other, but who are intentionally kept apart because "happy is boring", so to see Jack and Erica actually have feelings for each other and try to pursue them, but being given angst with his faith could be a lot of fun to watch.
            No I totally agree. I'm not big on triangles either, but I just figured jack would tell Erica at some point he can't be with her and she would have a thing with Hobbes, even though she's in love with Jack. I would much rather prefer Jack and ERica have the obstacle of his faith as the issue than bring someone else in we already know Erica doesn't love JMO>

Comment

There's a really cute deleted scene from Season 1 that is on the DVD/Blu-ray sets with Jack telling Erica that he's been in love before and she's surprised by it.

Thought it was really shippy and wanted to let folks who like that sorta thing know about it

Comment

There's a really cute deleted scene from Season 1 that is on the DVD/Blu-ray sets with Jack telling Erica that he's been in love before and she's surprised by it.

Thought it was really shippy and wanted to let folks who like that sorta thing know about it
                Thanks for the info. I pre-ordered my blu-ray and haven't gotten it yet. I know it's shipped so I will probably be getting it tom. I'll be sure and check the deleted scenes. I really hope we get some good Erica/Jack romance this season.

Comment

Awwwwe. Thanks.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

What I like about what I think they're doing is that Jack isn't giving up his faith FOR Erica, which is what I think would make people angry about it.

I think they're going the route of Jack is being forced out by the church for speaking out against the Visitors and for me, I think that's the better way to approach it. Because then, it's not so much Jack leaving the church because he falls in love, but because the church doesn't have the right focus, which makes Jack not being there more noble (in my mind, anyway). Why stay in the church if it's corrupt? Why add to the Visitor-loving mindset that takes away from his faith and corrupts all the parishioners?

To bring it back to a shipper stand-point, for me, Jack being out of a corrupt church makes him being in love with Erica a little easier to take, in terms of his priesthood, if that makes any sense.

I think God would rather him fall in love with a stand-up woman and be faithful to God than to stay in a corrupt establishment.
                  I agree. I just love how strong his faith is and that he really questions things and doesn't have blind faith and he lets his faith in God guide him to speak out against the V. I want him to either be forced out because he stands up for his beleifs and stands up against the V's rather or leave because the church is too corrupt then just leave cuz he's in love.

THen once he's out of the corrupt church he lets himself reason with his faith that being Catholic priest isn't want God wants for him and his real mission in life is to fight against the V's and be with Erica. I'd love that.

Although I really wouldn't mind him being a clergy for a church that doesn't have that celibacy rule.
                  Last edited by chlo-el; 11-04-2010, 12:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Okay I loved the tender moments between them after Erica's car flipped. I'm sorry but I am a huge sucker for these characters together. Love Elizabeth, love Joel, love Erica and Father Jack Comon writers give us some good romance with these two. They are so sweet together. I think I just love all characters named Jack lol.

Comment

I really loved that moment, too.

I thought it was cool that Erica called out for Jack and he came running. Jack was all kinds of concerned and kept touching her face and hair to make sure she was okay. Erica's smile at him doing that made me think that she liked the fact that he WAS so concerned. She even touched his face to try and reassure him that she was fine (even though, let's be honest, she probably wasn't, as much as she got beat up by Malik and that car accident).

I was glad to see a shippery moment in "Laid Bare" because the first two episodes didn't have a whole lot.

Comment

Jack and Erica...it needs to happen!

Comment

Even though, she slept with Hobbes, I'm glad Erica ended Season 2 by Jack's side. If V gets a third season, I think that was foreshadowing of what's to come and we'll get something romantic between them.

I was also really glad to see Erica apologize to Jack for her crappiness and how he didn't judge her and just let her talk.

I didn't catch it at first, but it was mentioned to me that Erica said "You are the only one..." to Jack and while she paused in between thoughts, it could be taken as Jack is the only one for her. I really like that.

Comment

^^^ totally agree. I'm really hoping Hobbes is out of the picture in season three. Here's to hoping Erica and Jack get a chance to explore their relationship.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎