Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recycled Actors/Actresses

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Bacic who played some mechanic who died after 24.5 seconds in the Pilot will play [SPOILER]The Dark Archer in the upcoming episode "Disciple"[/SPOILER]

Comment

There was also the guy who delivered the octagonal disk from Dr. Swann to Clark in Sacred who also was in the teaser with Little Bow Wow in Fallout.

Comment

Toyman actor

The actor who played Toyman in "Requiem" and Echo" also played a Luthorcorp Technician in season 3 in the episode "Delete". Does anyone know if he is supposed to be the same character from season 3? or did they just re-cast the same actor for Toyman?

Comment

You're right on the money! The actor Chris Gauthier who played Winslow Schott was the same technician who was employed at Luthorcorp on the Requiem episode.

Comment

Right, I know it's the same actor. And I know that they have recast actors, but they are usually for completely different roles such as David Paetkau (Trevor from Hothead/Dan Turpin from Bulletproof) and Steve Bacic (the mechanic in Pilot/Vortigan from Disciple).

What I want to know is if Chris Gauthier is playing the same character. That is, if the Luthorcorp technician from season 3 became Toyman. (My gut says no, since Winslow Schott was employed by Queen Industries before he became Toyman, but who is to say that he didn't work for Luthorcorp before working at Queen Ind.)
            Last edited by jayrodss7; 02-03-2010, 07:36 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by jayro***7
              Right, I know it's the same actor. And I know that they have recast actors, but they are usually for completely different roles such as David Paetkau (Trevor from Hothead/Dan Turpin from Bulletproof) and Steve Bacic (the mechanic in Pilot/Vortigan from Disciple).

What I want to know is if Chris Gauthier is playing the same character. That is, if the Luthorcorp technician from season 3 became Toyman. (My gut says no, since Winslow Schott was employed by Queen Industries before he became Toyman, but who is to say that he didn't work for Luthorcorp before working at Queen Ind.)
              No he wasn't playing Winslow Schott in Delete, He was the Tech Guy. His name was in the credits and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by dotsie23
                No he wasn't playing Winslow Schott in Delete, He was the Tech Guy. His name was in the credits and that was it.
                got it, thanks a lot!

Comment

Recycling of Actors

Am I the only one finding it a bit strange, when dead characters appear in new form, a couple of years later?

I've seen it twice now, and to me it's just sloppy to give the same actor a new character, unless of course they did it with Sarah Carter!

What are your thoughts?

Comment

I believe there has only been two that have been "recycled" Dan Turpin that was played by the kid that got burned by the football coach and Warrior Angel in which was played by Chloe's finance in the alternate reality episode. Both of whom had 2 minutes of screen time in their first appearance. To me that is not really recycling when they were never major characters before.

Comment

I guess you're forgetting Tahmoh Penikett who played Vince Davis for 1 episode (guy who died of liver failure and his brother threatened to blow up Smallville hospital if they didn't save him), and then Wes Keenan (super soldier guy, that Lex created from a dead green baret) for 3 episodes?
                      So that makes 3. (Besides those listed further up.)
                      Tahmoh had a lot more than 3 min of screen time, so I think it's kind of sloppy to expect fans not to recognize anyone, I mean they could have given him a fake beard or something, at least.

I suppose it's right to assume they "run out of qualified actors" in the area of filming, and it will be too expensive to FLY IN actors for short roles.
                      Last edited by honsou; 07-30-2010, 02:09 AM. Reason: Forgot 2 details.

Comment

Originally posted by jayro***7
                        The actor who played Toyman in "Requiem" and Echo" also played a Luthorcorp Technician in season 3 in the episode "Delete". Does anyone know if he is supposed to be the same character from season 3? or did they just re-cast the same actor for Toyman?

i thought he looked familiar

Comment

interesting

I was just watching seasons 5 ep with the introduction of cyborg and the more i watched the more the evil doctor resembled someone else that we got to see recently in smallville.
                          and after pausing it and looking closer it hit me, the doctor experimenting on victor is the same actor that played the role of older Lex at the beginning of this season.
                          interesting indeed.

Comment

The guy waxing the floors in LutherCorp in season 1 "Jitters" was also the fight club operator in season 6 "Combat," I believe

... The things you notice when you re-watch from the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by fanger54
                              I was just watching seasons 5 ep with the introduction of cyborg and the more i watched the more the evil doctor resembled someone else that we got to see recently in smallville.
                              and after pausing it and looking closer it hit me, the doctor experimenting on victor is the same actor that played the role of older Lex at the beginning of this season.
                              interesting indeed.
                              Yeah I noticed that as well I was rewatching S5 yesterday and I saw it right away!

Comment

Adrian Holmes who played Basqat/Griff Erica Cerra who played Adrianna Tomaz/Sorority Girl/Lex's Aid Aaron Douglas who played Pierce and deputy Vertigo.
                                Last edited by Redmateria; 01-18-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎