Collapse
No announcement yet.

where did chloe get the money?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Hamilton said he has control of Olies money in a previous epi.

Comment

Originally posted by skye4376
      i just really want to know where did chloe get the money to pay for the "fake cop, fake fbi agent, fake police cars, and roulette." if anybody knows please answer b/c i'm just confused on that.
      i think in offscreenville, she is really a billionaire

Comment

Maybe bruce wayne giving her the money.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy09
          i think in offscreenville, she is really a billionaire
          i agree with that notion haha

Comment

Hmm, maybe Jimmy had a life insurance policy set up with Chloe as the main recipient?
            When Chloe shut down Isis, she sold it & liquidated everything?
            Or, perhaps Chloe saved a bunch of her freelance checks from Ollie and cashed them in?
            maybe even all of the above. All very real life possibilities.

Then when Emil Hamilton stepped in, he used Ollie's funds for the upgrade in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by shamville
              Maybe bruce wayne giving her the money.
              Oliver = Bruce in the Smallville verse.

Comment

Jor El has a printing press?

Comment

She stole it from Oliver and if he questions her she will just kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                    I guess it was Lana, with the 10 million she stole from Lex.
                    she sure manages those 10 million very well, they have lasted for a long timeeee...

Seriously, I think Ollie will get Chloe's bill in the mail very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna
                      That's not true. In s8 Lois couldn't afford an apartment of her own and Jimmy moved in so that he and Chloe could save some money for the wedding. Kents had financial problems all the time. Martha took the job at Lionel's and later as the Talon manager to help repair their budget. So you can cross out new apartments, new cars, new gadgets. You don't have to be rich to have a cell phone, new clothes and new jewellery. Especially that now one there wears anything fancy. The only really inexplicable thing I can think of is Jimmy being able to afford the tower, secretly from his fiance.

Chloe must have her money from Oliver. She may be employed by Queen Industries along with dr Hamilton, being in charge of some project, e.g. Unless she has made some other strange contacts. But what would she have to give in return? I think that it's reasonable to assume that it's Ollie's until the show gives another explanation.
                      Please, I don't buy your explanation at all, not for a minute. What these characters are involved in could hardly be called remunerated work. Both Chloe and Lana drove new cars, in the case of Chloe even when her dad was unemployed. There are so many examples including the most glaring one, which you brought up yourself,when the heck did Jimmy earn the money to buy the Watchtower apartment? He was broke and begging for money from Oliver, remember. Why didn't he just turn over that valuable piece of real estate, his marriage was over so no point in keeping it if it was intended for him and Chloe. At first it was Lex and Lionel bankrolling the Kents, Lex gave them money for the farm and Lionel for the election, part of which the Kents did pay back. Now, how convenient, a new billionnaire in the person of Oliver bankrolls any and all projects. It's easy I get it. A show about people actually working wouldn't make for very interesting viewing but let's not pretend it's real.
                      I'll grant you that the Kents did have their share of financial troubles but I would hardly call them poverty stricken.
                      Last edited by Aficionado; 10-28-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

from Ollie

Comment

Pole dancing. How else?

Amber Waves....meet Mona Tor....or is it Dee VD.

Comment

Its like Dr.Hamilton said Oliver might be gone but his funding is not lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Paul
                              Jor El has a printing press?
                              Nice one.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Joanna
                              That's not true. In s8 Lois couldn't afford an apartment of her own and Jimmy moved in so that he and Chloe could save some money for the wedding. Kents had financial problems all the time. Martha took the job at Lionel's and later as the Talon manager to help repair their budget. So you can cross out new apartments, new cars, new gadgets. You don't have to be rich to have a cell phone, new clothes and new jewellery. Especially that now one there wears anything fancy. The only really inexplicable thing I can think of is Jimmy being able to afford the tower, secretly from his fiance.

Chloe must have her money from Oliver. She may be employed by Queen Industries along with dr Hamilton, being in charge of some project, e.g. Unless she has made some other strange contacts. But what would she have to give in return? I think that it's reasonable to assume that it's Ollie's until the show gives another explanation.
                              I'm pretty sure Lois did move out temporarily. In Stiletto when Chloe was hiding what she was doing from Lois, I could have sworn that Chloe was shoo'ing Lois out of the apartment, which she wouldn't have done had Lois lived there. And I don't think Chloe was able to get away with hiding Davis in the basement & cooking for him had Lois been around. My guess is that Chloe moved Lois' things back to the Talon during the 3 weeks she was missing.
                              Last edited by xrayvision; 10-29-2009, 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Aficionado
                                Please, I don't buy your explanation at all, not for a minute. What these characters are involved in could hardly be called remunerated work. Both Chloe and Lana drove new cars, in the case of Chloe even when her dad was unemployed. There are so many examples including the most glaring one, which you brought up yourself,when the heck did Jimmy earn the money to buy the Watchtower apartment? He was broke and begging for money from Oliver, remember. Why didn't he just turn over that valuable piece of real estate, his marriage was over so no point in keeping it if it was intended for him and Chloe. At first it was Lex and Lionel bankrolling the Kents, Lex gave them money for the farm and Lionel for the election, part of which the Kents did pay back. Now, how convenient, a new billionnaire in the person of Oliver bankrolls any and all projects. It's easy I get it. A show about people actually working wouldn't make for very interesting viewing but let's not pretend it's real.
                                I'll grant you that the Kents did have their share of financial troubles but I would hardly call them poverty stricken.
                                You don't have to buy it. I'm not saying it's all realistic but to me the non-realism fits within the boundaries of a TV show, nothing shocking

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎