Television Ratings for the Series Premiere

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

14.3? Amazing! I really hope this show does well all year long. The premiere was just so good! I have no doubts that people will come back to it next week. Great news! Thank you for posting the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by EMLostfan
      8 p.m.

CBS: "NCIS" (19.4 million viewers, 11.7/18 households)
      ABC: "V" series premiere (13.9 million, 8.5/13)
      NBC: "The Biggest Loser" (8.5 million, 5.3/8)
      FOX: "So You Think You Can Dance" (6.4 million, 4.0/6)
      The CW: "90210" (2.1 million, 1.5/2)

18-49 leader: "V" (5.0)
      HOLY CRAP 5.0
      YES this show is made of WIN.
      That's a pretty solid opening. Better than I predicted. Let's hope V can
      keep it up. I'd love to start hearing spoilers for episode #5 soon.

Comment

Final numbers went up to 14.3 million for the premiere.

Here's the breakdown by quarter hour, thanks to TravisYanan at PIFeedback:

8:00-8:15
        - 13.974 million viewers
        - 8.7/13 HH
        - 4.9/14 A18-49

8:15-8:30
        - 14.149 million viewers
        - 8.6/13 HH
        - 5.2/14 A18-49

8:30-8:45
        - 14.079 million viewers
        - 8.5/13 HH
        - 5.2/14 A18-49

8:45-9:00
        - 15.000 million viewers
        - 9.1/13 HH
        - 5.5/14 A18-49

Glad people caught the last 15 minutes especially - that was some of the best stuff.

V was apparently also a hit in Canada:

The Canadian invasion of ABC’s sci-fi drama “V” on Tuesday night turned into the top-rated new series for fall north of the border.

CTV netted 2.16 million total viewers as it simulcast the ABC bow, according to BBM Canada audience data.

The debut was the first of the current Canadian TV season to surpass 2 million viewers, after the CBC’s competition series “Battle of the Blades” secured 1.99 million total viewers, and Global Television’s debut of the Fox musical series “Glee” scooped 1.94 million viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Strykez!
          This is great news--especially considering its biggest competition was NCIS.

I can't help but wonder if ratings would have been even bigger if ABC had gone through with their sky-writing campaign. They shouldn't have chickened out on that.
          I thought the same thing but then I read somewhere that a guy broke someone's nose because the first guy believe that the second one was a Zoombie. It was halloween.
          So, I don't know what a big V in the Sky would have cause.

Back on topic, those are great numbers and more for an Alien heavy sci-fi show. But yes, we must wait and see. Next week the numbers are going to be lower than this week, but this happens with every show that has a good premiere. If we only go down 2 millons next week we will be fine, and while 4 millons down still gives the show good ratings it's not a good sign. But we will see.

Comment

The ratings for the premiere totally exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier about it. Now we'll have to hope that it doesn't drop too much throughout the rest of the season and at least stabilizes around the 8-10 million viewers mark.

Comment

Not to always be the wet blanket at the party but the real test is the next couple eps. With the pilot there is always the curiosity factor. The second weeks numbers show how many of the curious actually liked it.

Comment

Yeah you are right but much of the audence reaction has been promising.Both the 2 miniseries were huge ratings smashes In their days.And unlike other networks ABC
                Is going all out to promate V.They are hoping It can take the place of Lost.It will be
                Intresting to see If numbers go up with DVR.

Comment

I guess ratings this week will determine how many viewers are willing to stick around. My guess is however many will tune in this week will stick with the show at least through the mini arc.

One thing I did notice is the previews made sure to show how sci fi this show is so I would think most people will tune back in since they already knew the space ships were coming. To me the previews looked cornier than the actual show.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎