Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lois' Lana-esque reaction to Clark not telling her about Oliver

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Amanda. Plus, Clark was looking out for him. He disposed of the real bomb so that Ollie didn't die.

Plus, it wasn't even really a suicide attempt. There were bizarre circumstances that are likely not to happen again.

Comment

What Toyman did was tell Oliver what he thought he was (spoiled rich kid, selfish, ruined other peoples lives, murderer, etc) and handed oliver a "loaded gun" so to speak. The bomb was meant to keep him in place in order to play Toyman's game. When the game fell apart and the guests ran out of the room due to the fire alarm. All that was left was Oliver and the "loaded gun". THAT was when Oliver decided to kill himself.
      No sacrifice for the guests. The only way I can see his act of trying to kill himself in any way connected to the term "sacrifice" would be if Ollie had considered his death would directly lead to no other lives being ruined by his choices (ie. jimmy, lex, innocent citizens on the night doomsday was let loose).
      Last edited by keddy22; 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Lois was annoying and sanctimonious. Clark lied to her but it's not like Lois wouldn't do the same. She was the one who made up that whole Stiletto character and tried to push it to her editor as real.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Pipes
          Lois was annoying and sanctimonious. Clark lied to her but it's not like Lois wouldn't do the same. She was the one who made up that whole Stiletto character and tried to push it to her editor as real.
          The two situations are incomparable. Somones life was on the line this time. Oliver has sunk so low he would not object to being killed. This is not the same as making up a story. Not that I agree with that because I don't. However I found Lois's reaction tonight very justified. Was it right? Was it fair that Clark got a mouthful? Probably not but I don't blame Lois. I don't blame anyone. Suicide or not, wanting to die is a big thing, especially when Oliver was put in that situation. It was an invitation to death and he did not object.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyH
            Oliver has no family. Lois, Clark & Chloe are the closest he has.
            That is a very good point, and if you try to commit suicide I sure as heck am not keeping it from your family. I think both of them were right in how they handled the situaiton. And I am tired of people acting like Lois has all the information that the audience and everyone else has.

Comment

Originally posted by keddy22
              What Toyman did was tell Oliver what he thought he was (spoiled rich kid, selfish, ruined other peoples lives, murderer, etc) and handed oliver a "loaded gun" so to speak. The bomb was meant to keep him in place in order to play Toyman's game. When the game fell apart and the guests ran out of the room due to the fire alarm. All that was left was Oliver and the "loaded gun". THAT was when Oliver decided to kill himself.
              No sacrifice for the guests. The only way I can see his act of trying to kill himself in any way connected to the term "sacrifice" would be if Ollie had considered his death would directly lead to no other lives being ruined by his choices (ie. jimmy, lex, innocent citizens on the night doomsday was let loose).
              What you're saying ignores the possibility that guests, police, firefighters, or someone else could have entered the scene to be at risk. Oliver saw the chance to detonate the bomb with nobody around and took that chance before someone else walked in.

I agree that he was down in the dumps, but I don't think that's why he stepped off the platform. If he felt that bad, why didn't he try to kill himself again since then? I just don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                Im probably going to get yelled at by a few people for this one, but your all thinking what you would do if you were Lois or Clark.

Well put yourself in Olivers shoes for a second. If you really wanted to kill yourself, I dont think its anybodies business to get involved. Even if it was a moment of weakness like at the Ace Of Clubs, I would have been furious if Clark told people what I did. Thats just my opinion.
                Be nice please
                Ok Im sorry it this sounds horrible, but that is incredibly selfish and quite close minded. If I knew someone was trying to commit suicide even if I didnt know the person I would try to get them help. There is no such thing as, nobody's business, when it comes to death. A suicidal person is everybody's business.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                  What you're saying ignores the possibility that guests, police, firefighters, or someone else could have entered the scene to be at risk. Oliver saw the chance to detonate the bomb with nobody around and took that chance before someone else walked in.

I agree that he was down in the dumps, but I don't think that's why he stepped off the platform. If he felt that bad, why didn't he try to kill himself again since then? I just don't buy it.
                  just one thing, he knew that clark was there why didn't he wait for Clark to help him?

Comment

I think Lois had a right to her anger about Oliver attempted suicide. If she had known Lois would have done what she could to get Oliver out of his funk. But Clark was right in saying that Oliver should have been the one to tell her.

Comment

Wasn't there a time when she did the same thing? I could have sworn there was an episode where she considered Clark too fragile for something dangerous that was happening and went to take care of it herself without telling him and hid the fact from him? She did something like that with Jimmy in Identity when he was attacked by that mugger at the beginning and didn't tell Clark, though he witnessed it without her knowledge. I'm sure there were more occasions.

Comment

I wasn't referring to the selfish part. Lana did jump all over Clark & overreacted several times without knowing all the facts. The first time I can think of that was in Hug, where it was regarding Clark & Whitney but no selfishness. Lois did the same thing here, but with different circumstances.
                        Ok. Are you talking about the part where Lana was angry with Clark for not siding with Whitney? I don't remember the episode very well.

The thing is, Clark saw how upset, nervous and worried Lois was about Oliver, so Lois' reaction was understandable to me. Clark seem to be afraid of her reaction when he realized she was going to find out, and that, IMO, shows that he knew she was right in being angry.

Suicide is very serious, so I also understand and agree with Lois on this one.

Clark lied to her but it's not like Lois wouldn't do the same. She was the one who made up that whole Stiletto character and tried to push it to her editor as real.
                        Yep. Same thing.
                        Last edited by LadyH; 10-23-2009, 07:42 PM. Reason: I can't post too many eye rolls no matter how deserving

Comment

Uh yeah right that is a clear stretch. Everyone knew going into this season that Oliver would attempt suidice and this was the way they did it. Oliver did not step off that platform to save some imaginary person who might be outside the door. He clearly stated that he knew Clark would survive the blast. He took into account that no1 was there to get hurt and he decided to take that moment to kill himself and end his pain and what he thought was a downward spiral. If he was jsut trying to sacrifice himself he wouldnt have been so disappointed that the bomb was fake.

Comment

Wow! Great post Ella. It's a tough situation to be confronted with. It's hard not to just react from the heart and very emotionally and maybe inappropriately as Lois did. Lois is not a mild mannered person so... I think - as you say - it's not really about right and wrong. It's a really touchy situation.

Comment

Originally posted by kari916
                              If she had known Lois would have done what she could to get Oliver out of his funk.
                              But we know it wouldn't work since Oliver wasn't interested in getting out of it until something very drastic happened. There was nothing Lois would do to him that would have been drastic enough to snap him out of it. Clark knew that & knew the type of trouble that followed Oliver and wanted to keep Lois out of it. Just last week, he saw Oliver being chased by cops. Do I blame him for not wanting Lois involved with that? No. And I think Lois should have at least heard him out before reacting. She should be different with Clark than she usually is since Clark goes out of his way for his friends and she knows it.

Comment

I can't blame Lois for being pissed. Ollie is her friend, she had a right to know.

1. Would he try to blow himself up if Toyman never set up a bomb at the party? No.
                                We know this how exactly? We DON'T. Ollie was pretty much on the edge he could have done ANYTHING

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎