Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't Chloe just the best? (yes, this is sarcasm)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AgentChaos
    Considering the stunt Lois pulled in Stiletto that almost got Chloe killed, I'd say they're even after this.
    Yeah, I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentChaos
      Considering the stunt Lois pulled in Stiletto that almost got Chloe killed, I'd say they're even after this.
      Remind me again...?

(Not being sarcastic, I swear.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Skaterpen357
        Remind me again...?

(Not being sarcastic, I swear.)
        Stiletto was the episode where Lois faked being a superhero to draw out the RBB, and her actions put Chloe, Jimmy, and Clark in danger.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the only thing Stiletto did was stop the guy from carjacking Chloe...he went after her because of that incident. So...the only reason Chloe was in danger was because Lois saved her from danger?

I suppose you could say Lois didn't have to give herself a name, but still...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skaterpen357
            I'm pretty sure the only thing Stiletto did was stop the guy from carjacking Chloe...he went after her because of that incident. So...the only reason Chloe was in danger was because Lois saved her from danger?

I suppose you could say Lois didn't have to give herself a name, but still...
            ITA, Lois saved Chloe from those muggers even if she didn't need to give herself a superhero identity or whatever. Chloe messed with Lois's mental health in Pandora, as much as I like Chloe, I have to admit, that was stupid purposely putting Lois's life at risk. If Lois has ever risked Chloe, it was never PURPOSELY.

Comment

• Did Chloe DRAG Lois into Roulette or did she meddle like she always does? Color me confused about Chloe taking steps to put Lois in harms way. Lois got in the way, Chloe thought the situation was still under control and let it play out. At least that what I thought happened. YMMV

Comment

• Originally posted by SVFancross
                Did Chloe DRAG Lois into Roulette or did she meddle like she always does? Color me confused about Chloe taking steps to put Lois in harms way. Lois got in the way, Chloe thought the situation was still under control and let it play out. At least that what I thought happened. YMMV
                Well yes, no one's arguing there. But...well...sometimes you gotta pull the plug on an operation. Like when innocent civilians enter the crossfire. Regardless of whose fault it is they're there. Chloe was responsible for Roulette's actions, and therefore responsible for any accidents along the way. Roulette was in it for the money as far as I could tell; she'd have no problem cutting everything out if Chloe had given her a quick call.

Comment

Did Chloe DRAG Lois into Roulette or did she meddle like she always does? Color me confused about Chloe taking steps to put Lois in harms way. Lois got in the way, Chloe thought the situation was still under control and let it play out. At least that what I thought happened. YMMV
                  Well apparently Chloe was completely in control because she was watching over the entire thing. This means she could have potentially watching over what was happening to Lois. Chloe should have sent one of the heroes in to get Lois out- that would be Chloe in control of the situation. Lois being kidnapped, forced in to another outfit, gagged, tied up and being present when real bullets were fired by Roulette was not control IMO.

I do love Chloe but I HATED what she did in Roulette.

Comment

When you plan that kind of game, you can't leave loose ends. She left one and Lois followed it. Chloe knows Lois well enough, she should have known that Lois wouldn't rest until she found Oliver. Also, that wasn't a difficult track to follow, Lois called the gps and found the car. I think the whole thing could have been prevented if Chloe called Lois to tell her that Oliver went to Aruba for his birthday. That way Lois would have stayed at home, watching movies with Clark instead of worrying about Oliver.

Comment

• Chloe should have sent one of the heroes in to get Lois out
                      Yes but that would have:
                      1) Exposed Lois to that Superhero
                      2) Been boring from a story-telling position
                      3) Cut down on ED screentime
                      4) Made Chloe look better
                      5) Taken away any sense of drama from the viewers perspective and let them know Chloe was running the show vice the big reveal.

Chloe -- once again thrown under the bus for a plot contrivance. I think the writers thought they covered this obvious plot hole (i.e. send a Superhero thru to get Lois out of trouble) by saying Ollie was shooting blanks. Perhaps they wanted some debate on the topic as well but honestly, I think what drove that plot hole was more about keeping up the tension and less about Chloe being dangerous. YMMV.

Comment

Yes, Chloe IS the best - and no sarcasm. That's my opinion, it's a pity so many can't see it IMO.

- Chloe is a hero in her own right - she has saved Clark AND the world more times than I can remember. And she's done so without superpowers or special martial arts training or fancy weapons.
                        - Chloe has grappled with complex issues and still fights for her friends and stopping Tess & villains from hurting others.
                        - Chloe got abandoned by her weak-ass BFF and is still fighting the good fight.
                        - Chloe single-handedly kept watchtower going while Clark was stopping petty criminals and Ollie was on a drunken binge.
                        - Chloe has accepted being thrown out of Clark's life by the ungratedful emo with his lame excuse (sorry I should have been there) and most interactions are him coming to her.
                        - Rather than be bitter over Clark going for yet another woman, Chloe has been a Clois cheerleader.
                        - Chloe is first to figure out what is going on most of the time and takes the right actions on most days IMO.
                        - After getting soundly abused last year by life, Chloe is still fighting the good fight. She didn't run off and go on a drunken binge. She didn't hide away from the people who need her. She sucked it up and moved on and is doing a better job of putting the needs of others before herself than most people are. She IS the best.

ETA: And the next time Chloe has to pull a dangerous stunt, I think she should hit Lois with a sleeping pill to keep her meddlesome bum out of the way. I'm hoping she files that one (knock Lois out, Lois is reckless with her own life) under "lessons learned" from Roulette.
                        The more I'm reading your post the more I like you. You once again took the words out of my mouth.

Chloe sure has made some mistakes this season but so does every other characters on this show and yet she's still the only one to be blamed for it.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎