Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Mr. Not-So Comatose xrayvision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,817

    Lex in Bride & Requiem was a mandroid/cyborg

    After watching Echo and seeing how the Toyman was able to make a "Mandroid" (inside joke by superhippie200 & us Supernatural fans since Chris Gauthier's character Ronald Resnick had a mandroid theory) or cyborg of himself, I think it's very possible that he made one of Lex too and that the Lex we saw in Bride & Requiem was a mandroid/cyborg, much like the one of Toyman in Echo.

    Furthermore, if you look at the mandroid of the Toyman, you'll notice it was rigged with a bomb. The reason it was rigged with a bomb was to take out the human element so there would be no human error. He did the same thing by putting the bomb at the factory on a timer. We know this from the words spoken by Clark at the Ace of Clubs:

    Clark: What you’re doing is pointless. Oliver would never let those people die.

    PA System in background: The emergency alarm has been activated. Please move in an orderly fashion to the nearest exit.

    Clark: But you already know that, don’t you? You don’t allow for human error. You have to control who wins. That’s why you put a timer on the factory bomb. The pressure plate that Oliver’s standing on is fake, isn’t it? It’s on a timer.

    Toyman: You follow my work. It’s always nice to have a fan.

    Clark: How long does Oliver have?

    Toyman: Not long enough.

    Clark: You know what, Toyman? I might be your biggest fan, and I know that the real Winslow Schott would want to live and dance on Oliver’s grave.

    Toyman: Five, four, three, two...

    Clark: No one wins the game if you both lose.


    Note: Thanks to MrsK for supplying me with these lines since I had audio problems.


    So it seems like he learned from the mistake he made in Requiem when he chose to plant the toy monkey bomb in person next to Oliver. We know that was the real Toyman because he didn't want to die & gave into Oliver's demands.

    But what I think is that even though Oliver grabbed the toy monkey bomb, it didn't make a difference because there was already a bomb planted in the mandroid Lex that was sitting in the trailer of that truck. I do believe the real Lex was working with the Toyman and paid him to make a mandroid Lex because he was one step ahead of the Toyman. Unlike Toyman, who was inexperienced at that time & allowed for human error by trying to kill Ollie in person, Lex wanted to make sure all the bases were covered and set up a no-win scenario for Clark, Lana, and Oliver/Green Arrow.

    It makes total sense. A kryptonite bomb was rigged on the roof of the Daily Planet to give Clark & Lana a choice to either save the people inside or be forever seperated. He knew that Clark would choose to stop the bomb and therefore knew that the bomb would be his way of forever breaking up Clark & Lana and was his revenge against them. Then was his vendetta against Green Arrow. The mandroid Lex was set up as Lex's revenge against Green Arrow. He would have known that Green Arrow tried to kill him in Cuba & what were several other offscreen attempts based on what we heard from Oliver. So to take care of his Green Arrow problem, he had a mandroid version of himself set up in the trailer of that truck & rigged with explosives to kill Green Arrow when he walked in. The only problem was that Oliver got to him first by planting the toy monkey on the exterior of the truck & blew up the mandroid, which would have had Lex's DNA to make up its skin.

    So I maintain that the real Lex, just like the powerless Clark as we saw him at the end of Arctic & in Odyssey, walked out of the Fortress and was never disabled like the Lex we saw in Bride & Requiem. I think that Lex was a mandroid who was being fed the latest information (which is what we saw in Bride) to make him be as convincing as possible to the real Lex. Neither Tess nor Regan were able to find him in the Arctic, meaning he got away way before Odyssey--about the same time as Clark did.

    Another cool thing if you notice is Lex's connection to Toyman. If there indeed was a mandroid version of Lex created, it's funny how we saw him so closely associated with Toyman in Requiem. And what did we see when Toyman made his return in Echo? Why another appearance of "Lex". Could it be that the Lex Oliver saw in the glass door of the Ace of Clubs is a 2nd Lex mandroid created by the Toyman for the real Lex as a tool to drive Oliver to either killing himself or on the brink of destruction where the real Lex will finally show his face & try to finish the job?

    All I can say is that this is very interesting & I will be keeping my eyes peeled this season for more signs of last season's Lex having been a mandroid. I think Lex by now knows that Oliver is the Green Arrow. I think he's been in the background without anyone noticing him & has learned Clark & co.'s deepest secrets. Going this route will also free Oliver from having any blood from his hands as the Lex he "killed" would have been a machine covered by real, replicated skin and not been a living human----the real Lex or a clone. It would also show how clever Lex is and how he wouldn't be stupid enough to let himself get blown up in a truck without any protection.

  2. #2
    *Stunned* by Cassidy StephersisI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 09
    Location
    Metropolis
    Posts
    796
    That's an interesting theory.

  3. #3
    ******
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,932
    Interesting theory.

    One thing I disagree with though, I don't think that the Lex that Oliver saw at the ace of clubs was a second mandroid, just an hallucination.

  4. #4
    i would like to point out something. isnt strange that in the first 5 episodes they have used the cyborg idea twice. first metallo and now the toyman. it is plausible to think that maybe your right.

  5. #5
    Mr. Not-So Comatose xrayvision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypto_marcus View Post
    Interesting theory.

    One thing I disagree with though, I don't think that the Lex that Oliver saw at the ace of clubs was a second mandroid, just an hallucination.
    I'd agree, but the weird thing is that he turned away in a flinching type move when Ollie threw the drink. That really makes me wonder where they're going with this. Maybe it was a hologram of the real Lex (even though MR wasn't playing him) or a hologram of another mandroid who will be seen soon (and who may be behind Ollie's troubles in tomorrow's episode).

    ----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

    Quote Originally Posted by utpasuperman View Post
    i would like to point out something. isnt strange that in the first 5 episodes they have used the cyborg idea twice. first metallo and now the toyman. it is plausible to think that maybe your right.
    That's why Tess went to Toyman with that kryptonite heart. Something tells me that Lex's men, not Zod's men, were behind that. Kryptonite is something Lex would use against Clark. It's possible professor Emmet Vale (the guy who transformed Corben into Metallo in the comics) was working for Lex & will be revealed as the guy who created the heart. Time will tell. Tess definitely got it wrong with Davis/Doomsday being Sageeth (we know it's Lex from the events of Talisman), so she doesn't have to be right here. We have yet to get outside confirmation by Zod that his men made that heart. Zod's guy Coates seemed to be a biologist, not a bioengineer who would make something like that. Lex's staff definitely had the greatest research on kryptonite. I hope they reveal Emmet Vale as the guy.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 10-23-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #6
    Forum Regular funky_town021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    169
    hmmm, pretty good theory. you know i was thinking if they ever decided to kill off Oliver, i think the real Lex should show up behind him , say something clever and shoot him. but thats me......and i like Oliver but im just saying, that would be a really cool return for Lex, or at least one way.

  7. #7
    Forum Regular retconville's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    117
    the Lex killed by Oliver was a clone

  8. #8
    Forum Regular C Redfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by retconville View Post
    the Lex killed by Oliver was a clone
    This Lex had no reason to stop the truck and having just watched Requiem not two hours ago they found traces of Lex's DNA. Lex figured Clark would kill him instead of Ollie.

  9. #9
    Forum Whiz LBDII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    537
    Could be

  10. #10
    Mr. Not-So Comatose xrayvision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,817
    Quote Originally Posted by C Redfield View Post
    This Lex had no reason to stop the truck and having just watched Requiem not two hours ago they found traces of Lex's DNA. Lex figured Clark would kill him instead of Ollie.
    Which makes sense why it wasn't Lex or a clone, but a mandroid/cyborg with cloned skin from Lex's DNA that was rigged with a bomb. And I think he set it up for Green Arrow/Oliver rather than Clark. A mandroid rigged with a bomb like the one in the Toyman mandroid in Echo wouldn't kill Clark. But it would kill Ollie/GA. And like I said, Lex would have known about Green Arrow's attempts on his life like the one in Cuba (in Bride) when he found Lana there. So the cyborg/mandroid in the truck would be his way of eliminating his Green Arrow problem. It's just that Green Arrow/Oliver blew up the cyborg/mandroid before the bomb inside it went off. Remains of the real, cloned skin would have thrown off the authorities and made them believe that it was really Lex who died.

    I even think that Lex knows Oliver & Green Arrow are the same person. But that's my own gut instinct and not based on pure evidence. I think he's been watching them. If the Lex Ollie saw in Echo was not a hallucination (but a hologram projection or something else), then the real Lex certainly does know it. But so far it's very possible the Lex in that truck was a cyborg with actual skin cloned from Lex. It's really a cool plan if it turns out to be true.

  11. #11
    Forum Regular funky_town021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    169
    i agree with you xrayvision that Lex knows Oliver's the Green Arrow. and if thats true, i like the fact that he wont reveal it to the world, just like Clark's secret, he'd rather torture them which is why Lex is a badass.

  12. #12
    Mr. Not-So Comatose xrayvision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,817
    I hope they don't make Lex forget. Setting up a Lex who knows that Clark is Superman & about Oliver would make it interesting. We all know Lex depends on Superman at times in the comics to save Earth, even though he mostly hates him & doesn't trust him. I would love to see a Superman show with Tom as Superman & Michael as Lex. Michael's Lex would have been so great if he wasn't anchored down by Lana. That's why I think Onyx was the best measure of Michael's Lex.

  13. #13
    Forum Whiz montage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Always Around
    Posts
    539

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by funky_town021 View Post
    i agree with you xrayvision that Lex knows Oliver's the Green Arrow. and if thats true, i like the fact that he wont reveal it to the world, just like Clark's secret, he'd rather torture them which is why Lex is a badass.
    I agree
    Lex does know Clark ,Lana & Olivers other identities but wants a way to destroy each one himself for their betrayal.
    I think Requiem was his first hit at all three , Destroy Clark & Lana's future & Oliver's personality.
    Lex hates that Oliver thinks he's better than him so he would like to see Oliver become the ruthless Killer Oliver hates Lex for being.
    Having Ollie fall apart was Lex's plan -To Divide & Conquer. (Art of War)
    Oliver now seeing Lex's reflection possibly an indication of how oliver see's himself - Someone who'll kill for what he wants if pushed. (everything he hates lex for)

  14. #14
    Forum Regular C Redfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    251
    I agree that he knows thier identities but I still say the truck was for Clark. Lex thought Toyman took care of Oliver at the hospital. Ever since Lex found out about Clark he viewed him as a "threat to mankind". What better way to show that then have Clark kill him. Just watch Infamous and look at how quickly they turned on Clark when Linda Lake told them that.

    It was a master gambit by Lex. it would have killed Oliver, Made sure Lana would never be close to Clark again, and destroy Clark. But Oliver messed up the plan and killed the clone which put Lex back into hiding.

  15. #15
    Mr. Not-So Comatose xrayvision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    25,817
    Quote Originally Posted by C Redfield View Post
    I agree that he knows thier identities but I still say the truck was for Clark. Lex thought Toyman took care of Oliver at the hospital. Ever since Lex found out about Clark he viewed him as a "threat to mankind". What better way to show that then have Clark kill him. Just watch Infamous and look at how quickly they turned on Clark when Linda Lake told them that.

    It was a master gambit by Lex. it would have killed Oliver, Made sure Lana would never be close to Clark again, and destroy Clark. But Oliver messed up the plan and killed the clone which put Lex back into hiding.
    So you're saying that Lex planned to do the same thing with the truck to Clark that instead happened to Oliver. So based on what you're saying the kryptonite bomb was the first step that would split Clark & Lana up forever and get Clark pissed enough to find the truck and then kill the cyborg/mandroid Lex & make Clark just as messed up as Oliver has been this season. That definitely sounds plausible.

    The only thing is, I'm not sure if Lex would have used 2 bombs on Clark. He knew he had a threat in the Green Arrow/Oliver since he was searching the world to kill Lex like he did in Cuba. But then, you did say that he had the Toyman to take care of Oliver.

    You know what, I may have to adopt your explanation that it was meant for Clark. That would truly finish him. It would seperate him from Lana and then it would mess up his mind and perhaps even turn him evil. Damn, that is an awesome plan.

    But because things didn't work out as planned, I'm sure he's happy to divert his attention to Oliver. I wonder when he will finally set his sites on Clark. Maybe he knows about the Kandorians and wants Clark to take them out or wants Clark & them to all kill each other. Or maybe he will show up when Clark is at his weakest and strike then.

    ----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

    Another thing I wanted to say is notice how when Clark spoke to Oliver and he finally started to open up & show his gratitude and signs of be a little happier, that's when Lex appeared...as soon as Clark left. To me this was more than coincidental and is what makes me think the Lex he saw wasn't a hallucination.

    Besides the fact that the Lex we saw turned in a flinching manner as the drink was thrown at him, his timing was just right to mess up any progress Oliver had just made with Clark and throw him back over the edge. It's very possible the Lex we saw is a hologram projection of the real Lex (although we know Michael wasn't playing him) or that it was another type of cyborg/mandroid that can project images of itself. That timing was just too spot on. Lex has to be watching him.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 10-24-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •