No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amberdawn
    While Daryl loves his brother, he won't betray Rick or the group in any way. That's what I think anyway.

I'm kinda worried about T-Dog though right now lol.

All those tumblr parodies of his role in S2 made me laugh

but now I'm worried for him

Yeah, IA, I think Daryl is leaning more towards Rick and their group.

Comment

• Originally posted by rianna

All those tumblr parodies of his role in s2 made me laugh

but now i'm worried for him
      rofl

Comment

• Special effects featurette: Expect a lot more killing in Season 3

From Zap2It:

featurette

Victor Scalise is a guy with a very cool job. He's the visual director for "The Walking Dead's" special effects department and in a new featurette from AMC, Scalise talks about how he and other digital wizards ramp up the tension on the show and even add entire 3D computer-generated landscapes.

The CG crew used motion capture in Los Angeles to get footage of actors moving as zombies and now they've got several CG walkers they can insert in scenes. In the video, Scalise shows us which zombies from the Season 2 finale were added by his folks -- for instance, two zombies who are lurching behind Andrea as she tries to get out of the utterly infested Hershel's farm.

He also shows us how CG animators built the finale's last scene, the pan to an aerial shot of the prison that we know will figure prominently in Season 3.

"It was a fun shot to work on," says Scalise of the 3D prison landscape. "As with most of our work, [we hope] you don't know they're computer generated."

What's in store for Season 3?

"We did a lot of killing last season," says Scalise. "This season we're doing a lot more."

Came across this Sneak Peak that was posted in May so some of you may have already seen it. It's funny how a person's voice can set the tone of a character. I love Andrew Lincoln's real voice but he sounds tougher with Rick's southern drawl.
        Last edited by SteelyGal; 06-22-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• From TV Guide:

Can we get some Walking Deadscoop? — Andy

NATALIE:
          Carl killing zombie-Shane wasn't just the loss of his innocence; it was the beginning of his transformation. "We're interested in exploring Carl as a child soldier in this war against the walkers," executive producer Glen Mazzara tells us. "He becomes a very, very effective, strong part of the group. He's no longer the young child who needs to be cared for and who needs to be minded. That Carl is gone."

Comment

• I love to see TV shows and The Walking Dead is my one of favorite show.
            In this show horror senses are very fantastic.

Comment

• The Walking Dead marathon is today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ^I watched part of the marathon. I have to admit any time the lady who plays Lori talked about how much Lori loves, knows, and supports Rick, I felt the urge to smack her.

Sorry, but it's true. I guess in her eyes this is true for her character, but in my eyes you don't: go around sleeping with his BFF (not that Shane is much of a good BFF) because you think hubby is dead, then blame it all on hubby's BFF (it takes two, lady); play one man against the other and not expect one, if not both of them, to kill each other; react the way she did when finding out about Shane's death.

Yes, there should be a reaction, but not quite like that.

UGH, I cannot stand Lori! As awful as it sounds, having her baby eat her from the inside out would be a fitting death for a character like her.

Sorry, I know that sounds horrible. She's most likely going to die at the hands and jaws of a zombie anyway, so why not add a bit more drama and disgust to it?
                Last edited by AChloeChick; 07-09-2012, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Season 3 Comic Con Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9_lkap-uFA

This season looks amazing! I am however very dissapointed with the casting of The Governor. A white dude looking all corporate in a suit or dress shirt just does not fit the bill Lets hope he makes up for it in Badassery

Oh and I love Merles hand weapon! For some reason it reminds me of a Vampire Slayer weapon though

Comment

• 'The Walking Dead's' Sarah Wayne Callies: Lori 'Has to Die'

Is anyone placing bets that Lori will die this season? It makes you wonder after reading this article.

The Hollywood Reporter:

Rick's shift became evident in the closing moments of the Season 2 finale when Lincoln's leader says the words that gave birth to the so-called "Ricktatorship": "This isn't a democracy anymore," with the character coming off of the hardest period he's had yet.

"He's sick and tired of people dragging their heels and talking," Lincoln told reporters. "It's at that point that he's gone through the worst 48 hours since the killing of Shane; he's had to kill his best friend for this group of people and he's furious and he's conflicted."

As the group heads for the apparent safety that could be found with taking up residence behind bars at a prison, Rick and Lori will have to face the crumbling nature of their marriage, including Lori's disgust at her husband's brutal act of violence as well as her own role in Shane's death.

In the Robert Kirkman comics on which the series is based, Lori gives birth to a baby girl not long before the prison faces an intense attack at the hands of the Governor, with both mother and daughter's attempts to escape the onslaught ending in tragedy.

It's a part of the story that greatly shapes who Rick becomes that Callies feels is necessary to incorporate into the AMC zombie drama.

"[Former Walking Dead showrunner] Frank Darabont and I actually -- before he was tragically and unfairly removed from the show -- we used to argue about it," Callies says. "I argued that it was necessary to kill Lori and I feel very strongly that for all of the other deviations we may have from the comic book, killing Lori does something to Rick that is vital for the story and can't be done any other way."

"I've said from the beginning, not only am I OK with Lori dying but I think she has to," says Callies, who notes that it's part of the nature of the beast with being on a show like The Walking Dead. "I've played this character with an eye toward an end."

Comment

• I think it would be after she has the baby, and I'm not sure that event will happen this season.

Comment

I think it would be after she has the baby, and I'm not sure that event will happen this season.
                        They already killed one child on the show and I'm not sure if they will go for two. If they decide to kill off Lori, I think it will be before she gives birth or even starts to show. If they don't kill off Lori and want to keep her instead of going the comic book route, I think she will have a miscarriage.

Comment

• Well, in the 4 minute comic con trailer, she has quite a stomach on her. She's showing. I got the feeling that some time has passed since the finale. Not sure how much though.

Comment

Well, in the 4 minute comic con trailer, she has quite a stomach on her. She's showing. I got the feeling that some time has passed since the finale. Not sure how much though.
                            I can't believe I didn't notice that. After re-watching it, she is definitely showing. So maybe they will go the comic book route after all.

Comment

• Haha yeah, I didn't notice it at first either because I was so excited, but I noticed more details after I watched it over and over LOL!

Comment

• It's funny how you can watch a clip and miss so much. That is why I love coming to these forums because of the things people catch. It really helps make the show even more interesting.

Talking about interesting, since spoilers seemed to have dried up after comic con, I happened to come across some 'old' but interesting stuff on the fake town of 'Woodbury'.

News Report

Town photos posted June 10th

Action News 2
                                Last edited by SteelyGal; 07-30-2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎