No announcement yet.

Thought On Peter's Power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought On Peter's Power

After watching tonight and seeing him borrow Hiros power it looked like when Arthur Petrelli stole other peoples power... that glow when he touched Hiro was the same as that... So my thought is... What if peter has the power to hold more than one power... but in order to do that he has to take the powers completely away like his dad did... Right now he kinda borrows them one at a time.. but if he completely absorbs them and keeps them... than maybe he might be able to hold more than just one... Tell me what you guys think..

Possible, but Peter would never do that to anyone

Comment

yes but, lets say its someone who doesn't want to have an ability like the Healer in episode 6 its a thought

Comment

I'm tired of peter being weak, he should've kept hiro's power!

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatemimicry
          that glow when he touched Hiro was the same as that...
          It's interesting that the writer's chose to show us this. There just has to be a reason behind it.

Comment

i think it's great that he has a healing power. he's always wanted to help people and he's even a paramedic at a hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
              It's interesting that the writer's chose to show us this. There just has to be a reason behind it.
              They showed it before when he took flight from Nathan last season on the roof with Angela and I'll have to check but I think it was seen when he first took power from Tracey and Mohinder on the plane, I wouldn't get too excited it's just a power signature, sometimes they show it sometimes they don't

Comment

Hmm thought I'd like to share this with you guys but be warn it might be considered a spoiler towards Peter's powers. so don't read the bold if you don't want to know what might possibly happen and I say possibly because the writers usually tend to rewrite the script even though they announce the plot it may change.

I remember reading on heroeswiki i think in the section of Empathic Mimicry ability at the bottom the writers says something a long these lines:

"In special feature "The Writers Forum" found on the Season 3 DVD, writers Tim Kring, Adam Armus, and Aron Eli Coleite reveal that Arthur's ability and Peter's are actually different versions of the same ability."

This means both Peter and Arthur really have the same ability and the show showed many examples of where the son gets the same ability as their father even if it's a little different version i.e Matt, Sylar and now Peter. So even if Peter first seen powers were Empathic Mimicry, although it's unclear whether the writers meant Empathic Mimicry or and Ability replication being the different versions of the same ability it would mean that there are different stages of the same ability. Just like Matt once had just mind reading he soon got creating illusions/ placing thoughts into others from the help of his father so you can say that his father used a different version of Telepathy (same as matt's power) Now going back to Peter's old and new power it could be saying that Empathic Mimicry, Ability replication, and Power absorption are all of the same type of power but different versions or stages of it. Having different stages of the same power is what I call evolution of that power i.e Matt and Tracy are good examples for this because Tracy can turn into liquid and Matt can do more than mind read now. SO IN CONCLUSION if the writers are going to stick with what they have said then Peter really has HIS OLD ABILITY BACK it's just on a different stage for what ever reason they could think of. Personally I think it would make sense for that same power to go in this order if it really does evolves; Ability replication, Power absorption, Empathic Mimicry. Technically Empathic Mimicry is stronger but Peter was just too gullible.

Comment

I agree with your idea that Peter and Arthur have the same ability but just different versions/stages of it. However, I don't fully agree with the idea that they evolve in the one straight line you mentioned: Ability replication> Power absorption> Empathic Mimicry.

I do believe Ability replication is the basic manifestation of the power, but where it evolves from there depends on the person with the ability. Basically, I would say the evolution of the ability mimics the personality of the person. Therefore, Arthur, who was a greedy, power hunger man, had the power to take powers from other people. But Peter, who is caring, had Empathic Mimicry. After losing his power to Arthur and gaining it back from the formula, his power devolved to it's basic stage.

Comment

Originally posted by beoulve1
                    I agree with your idea that Peter and Arthur have the same ability but just different versions/stages of it. However, I don't fully agree with the idea that they evolve in the one straight line you mentioned: Ability replication> Power absorption> Empathic Mimicry.

I do believe Ability replication is the basic manifestation of the power, but where it evolves from there depends on the person with the ability. Basically, I would say the evolution of the ability mimics the personality of the person. Therefore, Arthur, who was a greedy, power hunger man, had the power to take powers from other people. But Peter, who is caring, had Empathic Mimicry. After losing his power to Arthur and gaining it back from the formula, his power devolved to it's basic stage.
                    That is very interesting and cool. Thanks for posting that beoulve1.

I've always wondered this, curious if anyone here has thought about the same idea. We all know Hiro had his power stolen last season due to Arthur and eventually they started coming back to him in the Fugitives chapter but why hasn't the same thing happen to Peter? Is it because he took the formula before jetting off with Nathan at the end of Villains? I'm curious.
                    Last edited by Rokk; 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah I mean it does make sense that their different stages of the same power should be based on their personality. I'm just saying since the show tend to show us the weak stages of the power first and then it manifest into something much stronger i.e Tracy, Matt, and even Sylar(he can take powers without killing them). But if what I said was true about it being different stages of the same power it's kinda confusing what the writers did since they showed us that everyone tend to start off with a weak stage power and making their way to the top like how Matt did to catch up to his dad, and all of a sudden Peter starts off with the strongest stage of that ability. I guess it was confusing for me since there's nobody we can relate to in which the same type of power is obtained in different stages based on personality yet.

And to Rokk,
                      I think Hiro actually got his powers slowly from Matt's baby (activate/deactivate power). Although it's unclear whether Hiro got a brain tumor from using his powers too much, or maybe obtaining his power back the wrong way, or maybe he already had it and so time would tell. It's not uncommon since we witness a few heroes who died from something over time i.e Charlie, Charles D., Hiro's mom the first two are from brain tumors too. Anyway the question about Peter having a totally different power from his old one is controversial still, but personally I think he already has his old powers it's just a different stage of it. But personally I like to believe that Matt's baby was the counter to Arthur but just like Peter, Hiro had a hard time using his powers when they came back since Hiro couldn't teleport at will.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎