Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Tess still cares for Oliver?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes I think she does....more than we think -

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
      I don't know how many people can be fooled by Tess. She cares about NOBODY but Tess!!!!!!! She constanly plays both sides of the fence for her own benefit.

1.Would Lex pick her to take his place if she was any less devious than him???

2.She had no problem letting Ollie die in "Toxic" to prove Clark could get to South America, get the antidote, and return in time to barely save him. (Did it seem she had a soft spot for Ollie???)

3.She bailed out the pirate in "Toxic" to poison him with a thorn, then told the cab driver to take him to the hospital because he was having a heart attack, knowing that the treatment would kill him!!!!

4.She blew Davis up, just to find out if he was the other boy from Krypton!!!(He was a murderer, but what if he had been human???)

5.She tried her best to get Davis and Clark to destroy each other, so she could tell the winner of the "death match" that it was her that made them the man that they are, and now you owe me!!!!!

6.She played up to the voice from the orb, stole the PZ crystal from Clark, then told the voice the crystal was destroyed. (She didn't destroy it!!!! She has it for her later use, if need for her benefit of course!!!!)

7.She's been playing up to Zod, incase he takes over the world, so she can be his right hand man. (For her benefit)

8.She stole Metallo's body and power plant, for her own needs!!!!!!

9.She has kidnapped Toyman it figure out how to repair Metallo, even though he has tried to kill that guy she's got a soft spot for, 3 TIMES!!!!!!!!!

10.The only reason she rescued Ollie in the bar was to keep the share holders and board happy, so she can hold her position, continue to steal from Ollie to fund her own underhaned projects for the betterment of Tess. Oliver is just the latest chump is has decided to use, since she can benefit the most from her fake caring!!!!!!

11.Have you ever heard Tess mention a mom, dad, or sibling??? NO, because if they can't move her up in the world with power and wealth, they don't exist!!!!!!

12. I'm surprised she doesn't get Ollie drunk enough to marry her, so she can kill him and have it ALL!!!!!!!!

13. Lana got her reprieve!!!!!!!!! Tess makes her look like an ameture!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, it's okay, really, you can come off your bolded podium now. This is your opinion/interpretation, but it's completely one-dimensional, and it's nice but ignoring the fact that Tess is a snake yes, but she wasn't always this way, and Oliver was there for that time.

In fact, to play Tess's advocate, Oliver is the catalyst the prompted her to become the snake she is after he cheated on her; him being surprised that she changed in this regard from innocent to cutthroat. This is extremely similar to her animated counterpart that had similar notions to Lex. That even someone you love, or loves you will hurt and betray you, hell hath no fury. She was tried of being the weak victim at every circumstance. However, EVERYONE knows Tess is a villain. But every villain has a story, and every villain is passionate about something whether it's a civil notion or not meaning sociopathic and psychotic notions.

Tess is a kill two-birds with one stone kinda gal, and will gladly take the scapegoat of a hidden agenda, or double-standard, believe what you want mentality. If Tess had no feelings at all, we would have never found out why she resented Oliver for cheating on her, something that clearly scorned her and she wants to scorn Oliver the same way to get back what he help her lose, her innocence. Not that his is and excuse, it's just how she operates. Someone who doesn't care never reveals what hurt them, and there was nothing to gain in that moment, regardless of how tough she pretended to be.

At the same advance, when Sebastian steals her memory of tears showing that clear vulnerability. It's not one-sided, Tess is a more complicated character then that. She's also more fragile, which is why she has such a vicious villainous bite, which is also why she was easily manipulated by Lex, because of her emotional attachments. Zod already noted this clear weakness, and when Tess shows any weakness she strengthens her guard and becomes the devil. Tess is attracted to power because she is so vulnerable deep down, and will constantly surround herself with that protection, but that why she's such an easy mark for Zod and Lex. But also show her attachment when she still bothers with Oliver in any degree. That's why she's keen on Clark, Davis the power they possess and this is explained in toxic. And what is her overall agenda that she will do anything to achieve? Seriously, she's Lionel if anything in that regard. No one is fooled that Tess is a snake, I for one noted hugely in Turbulence.

And would she throw Oliver under a bus to show that she's tough, to save face? Absolutely, with regrets, but it doesn't mean in her own twisted sociopathic way that she doesn't care for Oliver. She's attached to him, and hates him for it and will continue to be the wolf that bites even with its head cut off. Tess is a classic case with someone with Stockholm syndrome and can never be trusted, but she is human, and she does have attachments
      Last edited by Dominicus; 10-20-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I believe she does. Tess both hates and loves Oliver, and sometimes, it is hard to see what feeling is stronger. She hates him, because once she trusted him, and he broke her heart. And yet, in spite of her anger and her hatred, he still saved her in the past, and she still cares, on some level.

In Toxic, for example, she was worried when she found out that he was poisoned, and she helped Clark to find the antidote. I don't think she would have done it for anyone else. And I truly believe that she did shot Toyman in the knee because he tried to kill Oliver. As she said, and I quote "Leave Oliver the hell alone". Once that was stablished, she started to negociate with him. And I do believe that part of what she said to Oliver back, in the club, was sincere. Yes, she did have another motive to be there, and once he didn't accept her help, she told him she didn't care, but I believe this was her defensive mechanism too.

I have no doubts, in my mind, that Tess is evil. But she once loved Oliver, and she must have loved him a lot, for him to be the reason why she became like that.

Comment

The thing about Tess is she really believes what she's doing is right. It's not that she is trying to be evil, she just does'nt recognize the difference. She is a firm believer that the end justifies the means. She's just really misguided, much like Lex was.

Comment

Yes, of course she cares for him. She just won't leave herself "out there" or vulnerable if he's not going to confide in her.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
              Okay, it's okay, really, you can come off your bolded podium now. This is your opinion/interpretation, but it's completely one-dimensional, and it's nice but ignoring the fact that Tess is a snake yes, but she wasn't always this way, and Oliver was there for that time.

In fact, to play Tess's advocate, Oliver is the catalyst the prompted her to become the snake she is after he cheated on her; him being surprised that she changed in this regard from innocent to cutthroat. This is extremely similar to her animated counterpart that had similar notions to Lex. That even someone you love, or loves you will hurt and betray you, hell hath no fury. She was tried of being the weak victim at every circumstance. However, EVERYONE knows Tess is a villain. But every villain has a story, and every villain is passionate about something whether it's a civil notion or not meaning sociopathic and psychotic notions.

Tess is a kill two-birds with one stone kinda gal, and will gladly take the scapegoat of a hidden agenda, or double-standard, believe what you want mentality. If Tess had no feelings at all, we would have never found out why she resented Oliver for cheating on her, something that clearly scorned her and she wants to scorn Oliver the same way to get back what he help her lose, her innocence. Not that his is and excuse, it's just how she operates. Someone who doesn't care never reveals what hurt them, and there was nothing to gain in that moment, regardless of how tough she pretended to be.

At the same advance, when Sebastian steals her memory of tears showing that clear vulnerability. It's not one-sided, Tess is a more complicated character then that. She's also more fragile, which is why she has such a vicious villainous bite, which is also why she was easily manipulated by Lex, because of her emotional attachments. Zod already noted this clear weakness, and when Tess shows any weakness she strengthens her guard and becomes the devil. Tess is attracted to power because she is so vulnerable deep down, and will constantly surround herself with that protection, but that why she's such an easy mark for Zod and Lex. But also show her attachment when she still bothers with Oliver in any degree. That's why she's keen on Clark, Davis the power they possess and this is explained in toxic. And what is her overall agenda that she will do anything to achieve? Seriously, she's Lionel if anything in that regard. No one is fooled that Tess is a snake, I for one noted hugely in Turbulence.

And would she throw Oliver under a bus to show that she's tough, to save face? Absolutely, with regrets, but it doesn't mean in her own twisted sociopathic way that she doesn't care for Oliver. She's attached to him, and hates him for it and will continue to be the wolf that bites even with its head cut off. Tess is a classic case with someone with Stockholm syndrome and can never be trusted, but she is human, and she does have attachments

I agree. Tess is the person she is because of the people in her life that have betrayed her. She's hardened herself to everyone and refuses to be a victim. For her, this means standing up for herself, even if she has to play dirty to get it. I think she said it best when she told Oliver, "I still want to save the world. It's just a few of the people I could do without." The one time Tess mentions her father, it was to possibly play Clark; this was her deep dark secret about her dad abusing her as a child so Clark would tell her his secret. But it could be true. To say Tess doesn't have feelings, I think people aren't watching closely enough. Tess reaches out to Oliver in the Mexican bar. It's only after Oliver snaps at her that she becomes cold and retaliates. If she didn't care, she wouldn't have shot the Toyman and warned to stay away from Oliver or told Clark where the antidote was.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                I don't know how many people can be fooled by Tess. She cares about NOBODY but Tess!!!!!!! She constanly plays both sides of the fence for her own benefit.

1.Would Lex pick her to take his place if she was any less devious than him???

2.She had no problem letting Ollie die in "Toxic" to prove Clark could get to South America, get the antidote, and return in time to barely save him. (Did it seem she had a soft spot for Ollie???)

3.She bailed out the pirate in "Toxic" to poison him with a thorn, then told the cab driver to take him to the hospital because he was having a heart attack, knowing that the treatment would kill him!!!!

4.She blew Davis up, just to find out if he was the other boy from Krypton!!!(He was a murderer, but what if he had been human???)

5.She tried her best to get Davis and Clark to destroy each other, so she could tell the winner of the "death match" that it was her that made them the man that they are, and now you owe me!!!!!

6.She played up to the voice from the orb, stole the PZ crystal from Clark, then told the voice the crystal was destroyed. (She didn't destroy it!!!! She has it for her later use, if need for her benefit of course!!!!)

7.She's been playing up to Zod, incase he takes over the world, so she can be his right hand man. (For her benefit)

8.She stole Metallo's body and power plant, for her own needs!!!!!!

9.She has kidnapped Toyman it figure out how to repair Metallo, even though he has tried to kill that guy she's got a soft spot for, 3 TIMES!!!!!!!!!

10.The only reason she rescued Ollie in the bar was to keep the share holders and board happy, so she can hold her position, continue to steal from Ollie to fund her own underhaned projects for the betterment of Tess. Oliver is just the latest chump is has decided to use, since she can benefit the most from her fake caring!!!!!!

11.Have you ever heard Tess mention a mom, dad, or sibling??? NO, because if they can't move her up in the world with power and wealth, they don't exist!!!!!!

12. I'm surprised she doesn't get Ollie drunk enough to marry her, so she can kill him and have it ALL!!!!!!!!

13. Lana got her reprieve!!!!!!!!! Tess makes her look like an ameture!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot the part where she kicked a man's head (Reagan in Power) until his blood splattered her face. She also put together the injustice leage, and confronted the kids until they betrayed each other. I also think she detonated the controlling device inside Chloe's replicant, but I'm not sure there, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Tess is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
                  You forgot the part where she kicked a man's head (Reagan in Power) until his blood splattered her face. She also put together the injustice leage, and confronted the kids until they betrayed each other. I also think she detonated the controlling device inside Chloe's replicant, but I'm not sure there, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Tess is nuts.
                  Chloe's replicant? I don't remember her having a clone.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                    Chloe's replicant? I don't remember her having a clone.
                    That girl that morphed into Chloe in Injustice, Tess' assistant that was a relative of Tina greer, the shapeshifter.

Comment

Oh yeah. Shows how much that episode meant to me. I'm not sure she was a relative of Tina's since Tina was an only child, but she had the same last name. At least it sounded the same (there is Greer and another last name that sounds the same Grier). I think her name was Eva.

Comment

Way down deep under the surface , Tess still cares for Ollie and Oliver still cares for Tess.

Comment

Does she care about him? I think she still does.
                          More then she cares about herself? No.
                          but in order to be as pissed off at anyone as Tess is at Oliver you have to care.

Comment

If she didn't have a soft spot for him she wouldn't have kissed him last season, she's a strong character but in that moment she seemed vulnerable. I think Oliver is the only person that can still reach her on an emotional level.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎