Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Echo (merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xrayvision
    Maybe he thought it was an accident until finding out in season 8 that Lionel was involved. He only appeared once in season 7 (Siren) when all that Veritas stuff was happening, so he didn't learn all that stuff Clark did.
    I guess you're right, I just wandered why he would'nt have looked into it when he got older. With all the hype surrounding it I'm sure Lionel's name probably came up at some point. I remember when Lex had suspicions that Lionel had killed his grandparents, he looked into it and found out that it was true (after Chloe confirmed it by recording Lionel's confession.)
    Last edited by Blur 26; 10-17-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Yes, that was the mistake that got Clark reading minds. He jumped to conclusions and back-handed the hostage, thinking he was the bad guy.

Comment

Lets just trust or believe that Oliver was drunk at the time, for the writers sake

Comment

He was 9 since Lex was 9 and we know from Reunion that he & Lex were in the same grade at Excelsior.

But there's another thread that already mentioned this.
          What's the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Pipes
            What's the thread?
            It was merged with it already so this is that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Rub-in
              -When At the AOC Clark X-Rays where Oliver is standing and sees the bomb, if you notice the clock on the bomb says 2 minutes and 6 seconds left. Clark then asks ToyMan "How long does Oliver have"..

He Just X-Ray'd the bomb and saw the time remaining, why ask Toyman how much time is left...

Also, Did anyone notice the Clark Back-Handed the hostage at the begining (Just a cool Mention)
              What didn't make any sense was that when he X-Rayed he was able to see the text on the screen!! (it said MURDERER)... Since when does text input on a digital screen show up with X-Ray scan?? Besides, they showed the text inverted, as if it could be seen from behind... so incoherent!

I also didn't get the first scene... Although Clark said: 'Don't bother to trigger' or something like that, as If he somehow thought the man was not a hostage but the perpetrator of the event.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHoundito
                I also didn't get the first scene... Although Clark said: 'Don't bother to trigger' or something like that, as If he somehow thought the man was not a hostage but the perpetrator of the event.
                That was his error in judgement that triggered his temporary ability like Jor-El said at the Fortress.

Comment

this isn't a mistake, plothole, or inconsistency exactly but I just a little something that niggled me:
                  who has a shareholder's meeting at a nightclub anyway? I mean, if you're the head of Queen (and Luthorcorp) Industries, do you have your meeting in a board room? Or an auditorium? NO, you have it in a swanky nightclub where your shareholders can all get really drunk! That's such Ollie thinking! (or was it Tess?) Either way, it didn't exactly make sense to me.

Anyone else?

And one more thing: Lois editing Clark's work? The woman who once worked for the Inquisitor and then somehow finagled a job at the Planet is editing the guy who worked for a high school newspaper and came by his job honestly's work? WTF?

OK, I'm done, thanks.

Comment

Good points Teri. I think Clark just did that to get on her good side, which I have my own complaints about that I posted in 2 other threads.

Comment

Did you notice the miraculously appearing phone booth?

Before the explosion at the beginning, there was no phone booth. Look between the two doors:

Yet after the explosion, the phone booth suddenly appeared out of nothing so that Clark could change. (Where did he put his coat anyway?) Look again between the two doors:

Comment

^^LOL!!

I think that was Bill & Ted's phonebooth.

Comment

Here's one no one seems to have noticed.

When Clark steps out of the phone booth, Lois stops a foot from Clark. After the cut, he's about 4 feet away.

Comment

Ahhh its really no big deal to me in all honesty

Comment

I think that was Bill & Ted's phonebooth.
                              Whoa! Most Triumphant!

Originally posted by BWOracle
                              Here's one no one seems to have noticed.

When Clark steps out of the phone booth, Lois stops a foot from Clark. After the cut, he's about 4 feet away.
                              Hmmm, no I didn't notice that one. Well spotted.

Comment

It also seemed Clark was changing clothes in the phone booth, as he came out adjusting his tie (although he said he was calling Lois, I think it was a lie). He must have put a great show, because the phonebooth is pretty transparent.

Also, for a Queen Industries subsidiary, that place was quite cheap and dirty.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎