Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistakes, Plotholes & Inconsistencies in Echo (merged)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt Clark was changing in it since he had no bag to keep his Blur suit in. It would be stupid for him to change & just leave it in the phonebooth & pick it up later.

Comment

How can a bomb explode against Clark's chest and he still be fully clothed? We should have seen a nekkidness somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
        How can a bomb explode against Clark's chest and he still be fully clothed? We should have seen a nekkidness somewhere!
        There shouldn't have been damage to his clothes since according to canon he's supposed to have an aura protecting his clothes, which is why the Superman suit doesn't rip when bombs & other destructive things that don't hurt Superman but would destroy most other things explode in close proximity. Doomsday did damage to his suit since Superman wasn't invulnerable to his attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
          I think that's what most of us were hoping for Maybe they're superclothes or most probably Tom Welling didn't fancy doing a naked scene...shame!

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            There shouldn't have been damage to his clothes since according to canon he's supposed to have an aura protecting his clothes, which is why the Superman suit doesn't rip when bombs & other destructive things that don't hurt Superman but would destroy most other things explode in close proximity. Doomsday did damage to his suit since Superman wasn't invulnerable to his attacks.
            True, but I don't think that Clark has the power in SV. In Hidden and Infamous his clothes got messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jor-El
              Shelby directed, all ages were expressed in dog years, your mileage may vary....
              LOL

Comment

Originally posted by nikkicy
                I think that's what most of us were hoping for
                Thats what i was wishing and hoping for

Comment

I have a fic in the works based on events in this episode, and filling in a few blanks has caused no end of issues because of how they had everybody moving at the speed of plot. Having a character in a certain place might forward the plot but putting them there when it defies the logic of space and time is something the show did constantly.

I think we are to assume that Tess flying out to find a drunk Oliver happened much earlier in the day, in order for him to make it back in time for the Ace of Clubs event later that night. All the events of the episode take place on the same day.

It is definitely evening when Lois is getting ready for her 'not a date' date at the monster truck rally (there's the usual night-time exterior shot of the Talon to denote this). Chloe shows up having driven all the way from Metropolis, only to drive all the way back in order to confront Clark in the bullpen. She thinks he's exploiting Lois with his new mind-reading gift, before he explains that he believes Toyman is behind the explosion at the factory earlier. He'd still been at the hospital after Lois had left, and then made his way to the Planet to dig up the Toyman article from the archives after learning that the guy he'd swatted at the factory was an innocent man. That he can dash off and get changed into a suit and tie for the formal event is easy to explain because he has super-speed. The others don't.

Somehow, Lois drove from the Talon to Metropolis where the monster truck rally was taking place, before managing to get a ride to the Ace of Clubs in one of the monster trucks, also managing to change into an evening dress AND change her hair, before confronting Clark at the venue. She does say that there was 'stacked parking' at the monster truck venue to explain why she turned up the way she did.

They really should have stopped using the Talon coffee shop and apartment set from season 6 onwards because Lana no longer lived there, and both Chloe and Lois were working in Metropolis. Having them living in the city (even in a slightly more run-down set-up than the apartment Clark and Lois moved to in season 10) would have solved so many storyline issues. Bar the Kent farm and the Luthor mansion, the town of Smallville itself was a redundant setting from season 6 so the writers and producers should have adapted accordingly. They hamstrung themselves in a way by naming the show after the town.

The over-elaborate work of Toyman is a whole other issue. He might like playing games and he has a major chip on his shoulder when it comes to Oliver, but he negates the effectiveness of his plans with the over-elaboration.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎