Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clark now knows Lois' feelings for him

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, I feel like we've jumped from them wondering if they liked eachother, to knowing they themselves they liked eachother, and now we're moving to each them know the other one kinda sorta likes the other A LOT. Still to come are knowing they love eachother, to telling eachother they love eachother ( hehehe - or at least showing it -TING! )

Comment

Originally posted by Part-Time Cynic
      The guy is interested but he's never been the one to make a move. The thoughts he heard from Lois about himself weren't enough to make him think she was in love with him or anything, they were just enough so that he knows she's attracted to him. He was going out on a limb of his own when he asked her to dinner and when her thoughts were immediately "Is Clark Kent asking me out on a date?", there was no "whoo hoo" or "about time" in her thought so Clark started back pedaling right away with the not a date-date comment not because he wasn't interested in a real date or just felt sorry for her but because he feared that he had misread her.

At the end they were laying the cards on the table, a date-date is on both their minds but it's understood that if it were to happen it has to be the top priority of the evening.
      I think that the most important thing Clark took away from this whole mind reading exercise is that he now sees that Lois is insecure too. She is afraid of being abandoned as evidenced by her line of inner dialogue at the AOC, "Don't get attached, they always leave." IMO I think you can translate "Is Clark Kent asking me out on a date? as "Is it possible that he really likes me?" I think that he did still doubt Lois' feelings which is why I think it was important for Clark to hear from Chloe that in spite of what he said Lois considered it a date-date and was really excited about it. I think the advantage of the mind reading device is that it cut through all the masks and insecurities and gave Clark the shove he needed. Otherwise, I think they would have kept dancing around each other.
      Last edited by scifigirl; 10-19-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
        I double checked with my husband on this to get a guy's POV, and he basically had the same opinion I did. All I have to say is look at the final scene with him and Lois. He WOULDN'T have told her "hypothetically" that he would get it right the next time he asked her out...on a real date, if he wasn't very interested. The guy's got it bad, and he knows it. I think Lois is starting to see that too.
        Yeah, I checked with my husband too. He says that they are in love. He is not as crazy as I am about SV but he does watch it with me. He is a Cloiser but not outright admitted it. He said that it is obvious this season.

Comment

Originally posted by lsarmiento21
          Yeah, I checked with my husband too. He says that they are in love. He is not as crazy as I am about SV but he does watch it with me. He is a Cloiser but not outright admitted it. He said that it is obvious this season.
          I think that they're in love but not thrilled that their in love with each other. Does that make sense? It's like Lois said to Chloe, something like "who would have thought that I'd be going out with Clark Kent?". It's not love/hate but there's a discomfort with the love. Clark might be saying to himself that she's been mean to him for years, has put him down, she talks incessantly and is headstrong yada yada yada. She could be thinking of him as Farmer John, Smallville, et al and thinking "how could I be in love with this cat?" Yada yada yada.

In short, I think they're in love but not convinced that it would work. Lois has the Blur on her mind and Clark obviously has plenty to occupy his mind. The fact that they are together perhaps half of their day, every day and now thinking about dating is risky as well as you shouldn't date someone you work with. There are lots of angles to this and I love what they are doing with it. We've waited so long and we're hungry for more Clois and I think they will pull back a bit as she gets more and more infatuated with the Blur. My question is, will Clark delight in messing with her emotions as the Blur or will he get frustrated at her feelings towards this "other man"? Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by old guy
            I still think Clark "knew" Lois' feelings for him since they were strapped to the lie detector in Committed. But there certainly isn't any doubt for him now.
            Second that. Infamous was another confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
              ITA
              Great shades of Elvis!! They go together like PB and jelly.

YES!!!! BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!!!! Original 'adventures of lois and clark!!'

Comment

Originally posted by MrsLoisKent
                YES!!!! BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!!!! Original 'adventures of lois and clark!!'
                I loved Lane Smith as Perry White but overall L&C was too much light comedy and camp for my tastes. I prefer the Smallville approach of treating as drama but not when they drift off into a soap opera. Clark and Lois can kid around and for now only Lois is capable of being on the light side. Chloe is ticked off at the world, Tess is evil incarnate and Oliver is anything but funny. I hope they keep Clark and Lois in the forefront and minimize the dark, depressing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                  I double checked with my husband on this to get a guy's POV, and he basically had the same opinion I did. All I have to say is look at the final scene with him and Lois. He WOULDN'T have told her "hypothetically" that he would get it right the next time he asked her out...on a real date, if he wasn't very interested. The guy's got it bad, and he knows it. I think Lois is starting to see that too.
                  Originally posted by lsarmiento21
                  I also checked with my brother. He says there's no doubt in his mind that Clark has feelings for Lois.

Comment

Its getting pretty hot and heavy. But of course because its television it will be stretched for what seems like 50 gazillion years!

Comment

Originally posted by LBDII
                      Its getting pretty hot and heavy. But of course because its television it will be stretched for what seems like 50 gazillion years!
                      Unless CW determines that there will be no S10, then they will have to accelerate it. I hope there is a S10 but that we can have Superman and then spin it off into a movie in 2011. Welling and Durance would go down as the ultimate CK and Lois in movie history. Chris Reeves was great as Supes but Margot Kidder was too hard for my tastes. Brandon Routh looked too effeminate for me and that Lois looked too young.

Comment

Share with us, please!

Originally posted by Lilah
                        I know what it'll push him to do lol...
                        What would that be?!!! LOL

ANd I do agree taht either Clark and Lois know abt eachother feelings!1 and I also agree that the way things are going now they canīt just take much longer to get them together for real.
                        But reading some spoillers at KSite it seems that after things seem to go well, they kinda go awkward too.
                        Letīs see and hope cos I just canīt wait anymore for their iconic romance.
                        The writers and procucers are being soooo mean when they show us those hot pictures of Loisīs flashes... I mean, I feel totally tortured by those dreams... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
                          Unless CW determines that there will be no S10, then they will have to accelerate it. I hope there is a S10 but that we can have Superman and then spin it off into a movie in 2011. Welling and Durance would go down as the ultimate CK and Lois in movie history. Chris Reeves was great as Supes but Margot Kidder was too hard for my tastes. Brandon Routh looked too effeminate for me and that Lois looked too young.
                          Christopher was fantastic, and I agree Margot had an ok attitude but first her looks were horrible and there was a butch aura around her Lois. I think the best duo, both the Lois*Clark were good, was Lois*Clark TNAoS. Kate Bosworth was gawd awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                            Christopher was fantastic, and I agree Margot had an ok attitude but first her looks were horrible and there was a butch aura around her Lois. I think the best duo, both the Lois*Clark were good, was Lois*Clark TNAoS. Kate Bosworth was gawd awful.
                            I think the L&C Superman was poorly cast. He was too short imho and had a high squeaky voice and Dean Cain is I think 50% oriental and I'm not used to seeing an oriental Superman. He was great as CK. Dressed beautifully and didn't act like a doofus bumbling around. I never liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
                              I'm not used to seeing an oriental Superman.
                              He didn't look oriental.

Comment

Originally posted by amberdawn
                                He didn't look oriental.
                                No he didnt, he looked gorgeous, and good gawd his body was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎