No announcement yet.

I am trying to work out this "Antichrist"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying to work out this "Antichrist"

Now as far as i can tell this kid is powerful, has teleportation, can manipulate the world in more or less anyway he sees fit, is more powerful than Castiel by quite a margin and doesn't have the red tape baggage that comes with being a demon.

I was wondering exactly what the potential of this would be, could this version of the Antichrist be powerful enough to tackle Lucifer or an Arcangel? I dont think so and here is why.

The Kids powers sort of remind me of Lilith in many ways, we know that Lilith was incredibly powerful and was powerful enough to offer to halt the apocolypse and repair 40 or 50 broken seals keeping Lucifer exactly where he should be, its just that Lilith like most demons had alot of rules to follow preventing her form doing anything she pleased where as this kid did not. Also i can safely assume that Lilith was more powerful than a footsoldier angel like Castiel seing as Alastair handed Castiels ass to him on two occasions and Lilith was higher ranking than Alastair.

The second more obvious comparason i can make to asses the boy is with Sam and the children who in this instance really are refered to as the children, where as the boy is refered to as merely a bit of a powerful freak.

Now the "children's" powers were indeed very powerful, certainly more than capable of tackling a demon like Lilith even if it was only Sam who reached that level of power, but i feel that in this case they were kept as human as possible to keep them as good vessels. But their powers were not tailored to deal with Angels, instead there powers were to be used to resist the Croatoan virus and control demons.

This is a fundamental difference in purpose, this antichrist is designed to takckle angels, Castiel never stood a chance either strategically or oon a power level, i still dont hink that he boy could take Lucifer. there is now way he could take on an Arcangels, or resist the Coastoan virus or so on. The boy is powerful but he has limitsadn i do not feel that he could pose a significant threat to heaven.

I once had this theory that Sam was the Antichrist... oh well at least I know for sure now.

Anyway a big part of my theory was because I felt that even if he were, he would not be evil, just have a lot of demons with evil plans for him.

There is a book called "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, and it is a comedic take on what would have happened if the Antichrist had been born exactly like in the movie "The Omen". Only in the book, instead of being raised by the American ambassador and a Satanic nanny he is mixed up at birth and raised by a normal, semi lapsed Christian, English family. By the time he is 10 or so he is unconciously shaping the reality of the village he lives in (sound familiar) before he finally decides to choose not Heaven or Hell but Humanity. He prevents the war from being fought and restores humanity to normal, undoing all the apocalyptic disasters that had occurred so far.

Also here's the thing: in the book the implication was that this was God's plan all along. The Angels and demons only thought there was going to an apocalypse, but they were making assumptions.

Now obviously I was wrong about it being Sam, but Jessie pretty much fits the bill as far as I can tell.

Comment

I have problems with him being stronger than angels or demons since he's a hybrid & his father is a lowly demon. And why couldn't there be more kids like him? Many other lowly demons could have done the same thing his father did & create more kids like him. It makes no sense and this is a rare idea by Kripke that I don't like at all. Jesse is a Johnny-come-lately who's being built up above Sam, Dean, Castiel & many others at their expense.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        I have problems with him being stronger than angels or demons since he's a hybrid & his father is a lowly demon. And why couldn't there be more kids like him? Many other lowly demons could have done the same thing his father did & create more kids like him. It makes no sense and this is a rare idea by Kripke that I don't like at all. Jesse is a Johnny-come-lately who's being built up above Sam, Dean, Castiel & many others at their expense.
        Castiel mentioned that the kid was becomming powerful because Lucifer has risen, i suspect this means that the boy draws his power directly from Lucifer which would made him obscenely powerful. Not only is the child as powerful as Lucifer, but the has none of the restrictions that coem with being Lucifer, like being banished from heaven.

I think this is the boys true power.

Comment

I got the impression that the kid is the antithesis to Christ on earth. Christ was fully human and fully God. This kid is supposed to be fully human and fully Lucifer, with the powers of both, thereby more powerful than demons, with that emotional side. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him......... not sure how I feel about that.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            Sure, it might be a low-leveled demon, but that demon was a part of a major plan to get a virgin pregnant and to birth the Anti-Christ. And it makes sense that it wasn't a major demon like Azazel, just because that would pretty much be a beacon for the hunters. And they most likely wanted to keep that part of the plan a secret until Lucifer was released from his prison, seeing as how Jesse only is beginning to become stronger because of Lucifer being on Earth. Jesse couldn't really do anything special if hunters found out about the boy and they easily killed him without big bad Lucy roaming out of Hell.

Originally posted by Atomic girl
            I got the impression that the kid is the antithesis to Christ on earth. Christ was fully human and fully God. This kid is supposed to be fully human and fully Lucifer, with the powers of both, thereby more powerful than demons, with that emotional side. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him......... not sure how I feel about that.
            That's what the Anti-Christ is.

But what really confused me is when Castiel mentioned that the Bible is wrong on some accounts, and that the Anti-Christ is not Lucifer's son...but the Bible never claims the AC to be Lucifer's son. I would really like to know who wrote this episode's script, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic girl
              I like your parallel, but I think it has a flaw. Christ is the son of God and that's why he is both human & God. But this kid was said not to be the son of Lucifer, but instead the son of a demon. So he should be both human & demon & should not have anything to do with Lucifer. Now I believe according to the Bible that demons were created by Lucifer/Satan, so some may say that this is Jesse's link to Lucifer. But in the Supernatural, demons are not created by Lucifer but instead are corrupted souls who were tortured to the point of becoming demons in hell. So if an act of punishment/torture is what creates a demon, there should really not be a tie to Lucifer. I don't know. The only thing I could think of was the demon in the episode Sin City referring to Lucifer as her father. So there may be some connection we don't know of, but it still doesn't make sense how this kid out of all people would draw on Lucifer's power, when perhaps all demons should.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by TheANIMAL (marcus)
              Castiel mentioned that the kid was becomming powerful because Lucifer has risen, i suspect this means that the boy draws his power directly from Lucifer which would made him obscenely powerful. Not only is the child as powerful as Lucifer, but the has none of the restrictions that coem with being Lucifer, like being banished from heaven.

I think this is the boys true power.
              I don't think he will ever be as powerful as Lucifer. It does seem like he is getting stronger, but I think there will be a limit to his strength. And something tells me Lucifer will kill him. They still have to show us what his connection to Lucifer is when he is not his son. And why aren't there more of him? I'm sure more demons could have done to other virgin women what Jesse's demon father did to his mother.

----- Added 17 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
              Sure, it might be a low-leveled demon, but that demon was a part of a major plan to get a virgin pregnant and to birth the Anti-Christ. And it makes sense that it wasn't a major demon like Azazel, just because that would pretty much be a beacon for the hunters. And they most likely wanted to keep that part of the plan a secret until Lucifer was released from his prison, seeing as how Jesse only is beginning to become stronger because of Lucifer being on Earth. Jesse couldn't really do anything special if hunters found out about the boy and they easily killed him without big bad Lucy roaming out of Hell.
              This does make sense, but my main issue is the link between Jesse & Lucifer since they're non related & since Lucifer is a fallen angel whereas this kid is a human-demon hybrid.

That's what the Anti-Christ is.

But what really confused me is when Castiel mentioned that the Bible is wrong on some accounts, and that the Anti-Christ is not Lucifer's son...but the Bible never claims the AC to be Lucifer's son. I would really like to know who wrote this episode's script, lol.
              Well, I know the Bible says that the AC's powers/magics are not powers but instead trickery. So if anything differs between the actual AC & Supernatural's AC is that Supernatural's AC has powers.

I still don't think having the AC in Supernatural was a good idea, especially if he's not related to Lucifer & there is no link between them. I know a link hasn't been established yet, but if they make one, it better be believable and not some weak excuse.
              Last edited by xrayvision; 10-20-2009, 10:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I've always felt that the "son of God/son of Satan" descriptions of Christ and Antichrist are too literal. Isn't it possible that Mary was posessed by Gabriel, and that the Anunciation was him asking her permission to use her as a vessel?

Comment

Well, Castiel even says that the Bible gets more wrong than it does right. This kid was not The Anti-christ in the classic sense; he was more like a Anti-christ. He was just a half-demon. Cas called him a cambion. The Bible supposedly (dependent upon interpretation) has a prophecy about the Anti-christ becoming some powerful world leader, but Cas is pretty much saying that's wrong. The kid is just a ridiculously strong weapon, which the angels consider too powerful to live, and demons want to get their hands on desperately. Furthermore, it could theoretically be possible that there are more of these kids out there. After all, the kid's "dad" was just a black-eyes, and there are tons of those.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎