No announcement yet.

BQM, what happened?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supsfan
    I would argue he has written a solid Clark 4 episodes in a row. I liked the episode alot, but I am guessing some felt not enough Clois in the back half. Only real negative to the episode was the Ollie suicide thing, but as long as it's not Clark hating his life and being depressed I won't complain.
    i just was not a fan at all of hex or committed maybe because i didnt really see how clark was written well in those 2 as im not a fan of clois so maybe it skewed my perception but im not trying to start an argument. i really enjoyed this episode as long as clark is the center, and doesnt rely on others constantly for help im a happy person. which is what this episode showed a strong and smart clark kent.
    Last edited by Night_Hawk90; 10-16-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
      I would argue he has written a solid Clark 4 episodes in a row. I liked the episode alot, but I am guessing some felt not enough Clois in the back half. Only real negative to the episode was the Ollie suicide thing, but as long as it's not Clark hating his life and being depressed I won't complain.
      I don't need to be drowning in Clois to know they're in love lol... I think if the show keeps the Clois to the way we've seen the last 4 weeks we're in for a good year. Too much of something is never a good thing... everything in moderation... lol.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
      i just was not a fan at all of hex or committed maybe because i didnt really see how clark was written well in those 2 but im not trying to start an argument. i really enjoyed this episode as long as clark is the center, and doesnt rely on others constantly for help im a happy person. which is what this episode showed a strong and smart clark kent.
      I liked Committed because we saw a resourceful Clark Kent. He solved the mystery all on his own. A lot like in Bulletproof. I still maintain that the last 2 mins of Bulletproof could have gone without being in the episode but whatever, that's my opinion. Hex, I liked because it was just so damn funny. It was such a lighthearted episode and in such a dark second half of the season it was quite refreshing...
      Last edited by Lilah; 10-16-2009, 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by kg1507
        Am I the only one who is a little disappointed? The beginning of the episode started out so great with so much Clois, and then it just got worse... I'll admit, it got better at that last scene, but still...
        Agree was cool but............

Comment

I loved it...Clark Kent was awesome!!!

Comment

BQM you rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilah
              I liked Committed because we saw a resourceful Clark Kent. He solved the mystery all on his own.
              Yeah I thought Clark came of real well in Committed for those reasons. I always liked the fact that Clark himself figured out how to get out fo the kryptotrap(which may not seem like a big thing, but on SV they have come up with crappy ways to have other characters to save Clark from kryptotraps, alot of times not doing much for Clark's character)

Comment

I guess our standards are too high after the first three episodes LOL.

It wasn't Committed but still a really good episode. It was one of those episodes that grow on you on repeated watching. I guess we had put really high expectations on BQM. Poor guy! But it's not like he let us down. The Lois and Clark scenes were gold.

Above all, Clark Kent was awesome. You can't enjoy the show unless our hero is written the best. He had so much screentime and he was written really great, especially his scene with Ollie and the last scene with Lois where he mans up and accepts his mistake, too good.

I think the Ollie/Tess scenes slowed down things a bit but other than that, I liked it. One thing I didn't like was the direction. Not impressive.

On writing front, it was a really good episode though.

Comment

I think the problem was more about the directing than the writing. The pace felt off, IMO. It was too slow in some scenes, like in the Tess and Oliver's one. The long pauses between lines were so weird.
                  Last edited by Nanda Lane; 10-17-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I've rewatched it and it was actually awesome. Yes, BQM was spot on with the way he's written Clark. I think one minor flaw is that the events were too fast-paced and there weren't that much mention of the Kandorians.

Comment

The characterization and dialogue were excellent. I like how the training was handled this episode. For once Oliver wasn't as annoying as he usually is. The problem was the Toyman plot which wasn't as exciting as it could have been. Too little screentime was allotted to the Oliver hostage situation. The presence of an android Toyman at the scene made no sense. Now if Clark had tracked him to his hideout only to find it was the android there and the real Toyman was hiding elsewhere or something; that would have been easier to swallow. Plus this would have been excellent opportunity to take Clark closer to the Zod plot by making him hear the thoughts of either Zod or one of his soldiers. Alas, they are keeping Clark far away from the main plot of the season, as usual. Nah, Clark stealing donuts is what they are interested in showing.

Comment

I really liked this episode. I get the sense that some of the lukewarm reception has come from the expectation that we would see more Clois-related action, or an actual "date," (especially based off the very revealing trailer we got last week - and I don't blame you for that expectation. I wasn't sure what would be included in Echo.), but personally, I was relieved that it didn't happen. While I'm definitely intrigued by the Lois and Clark relationship, this show is first and foremost about Clark Kent and his journey towards becoming Superman, for me. Lois is definitely part of that journey, but we've got 18 more episodes worth of time for relationship development, I think it's reasonable to have some moments that aren't specifically Clois... and wasn't that last scene just great? I thought it was.

I think BQM did an excellent job of writing an episode that was both suspenseful and charming. I laughed out loud and I was on the edge of my seat - plus, I can't wait for next week... sounds like a win for me.

Comment

i dont get why everyone has a problem with this episode. If you wanted an episode all about Lois and Clark you are watching the wrong show. their relationship has to take a back seat at some point. Gosh.

This episode was about Clark's growth which was done very very well. Way better than Hex, Bulletproof, and Commited on all accounts. Those episodes didnt further the plots or character of Clark in anyway and yet an actual episode that helps Clark out, people criticize and says it was all over the place? wow maybe we should stick to the typical zombie storyline every week so that we never get anywhere with this series.

Episodes that help Clark out and understand people and himself dont come along very often. If they do come we regress from what he has learned and make him relearn the lesson again.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
                          I really liked this episode. I get the sense that some of the lukewarm reception has come from the expectation that we would see more Clois-related action, or an actual "date," (especially based off the very revealing trailer we got last week - and I don't blame you for that expectation. I wasn't sure what would be included in Echo.), but personally, I was relieved that it didn't happen. While I'm definitely intrigued by the Lois and Clark relationship, this show is first and foremost about Clark Kent and his journey towards becoming Superman, for me. Lois is definitely part of that journey, but we've got 18 more episodes worth of time for relationship development, I think it's reasonable to have some moments that aren't specifically Clois... and wasn't that last scene just great? I thought it was.

I think BQM did an excellent job of writing an episode that was both suspenseful and charming. I laughed out loud and I was on the edge of my seat - plus, I can't wait for next week... sounds like a win for me.
                          exactly...people expect this show to be soap opera more than anything which is what crippled the show from season 6 up to season 8. its time to break away from that junk and get to the actual story that needs to be told. If they want an irrelevant plot they should go check out the twilight series which shows its conflict at hand in the last two chapters of each book. ugh
                          Last edited by Theshadow129x; 10-17-2009, 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I agree, Clark's growth was handled very well in this episode. I was particularly pleased when Jor-El told Clark that he handled the bomb situation incorrectly - not because he failed to save people, but because he handled it irrationally, without realizing that the man in the chair was "part of the game."

This was an excellent episode. (and the Clois was cute, I thoroughly enjoy it when I see it - especially this season - but I'm watching this show for far more than just that...)

Comment

I think the puppy dog eyes are getting old. After all that has been said like "Clark & Lois versus the world" I think they should get together already cuz it's a little bit boring have that kind of scenes every episode..

Comment

Originally posted by Jaderoyale
                                I said straight after it ended, Rabid was MILES better.
                                Agree

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎