Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saph
    Lois had some funny quotes this episode: hot stuff, hello sailor Same goes with Tess with her scene with the Toyman

Lois: -hands Clark a doughnut and takes a bite out of it- Now we're even

Clark: Just because you've given up on Oliver Queen doesn't mean I have

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Also...

Lois: Stupid intern Jeff took the last stupid maple doughnut from the stupid doughnut box
    I totally want a donut now....yum...

Comment

Originally posted by marcella
      Lois's thoughts: "Hello Sailor" and "Hot sutff"

And in the last scene: "My thoughts exctly"

Ya, I loved that last line, because when she says that you think - ya he got it, without reading her mind. He's gettin' it!

Comment

"Clark and Lois vs. the world"

What an excellent line, this is a glimpse of the future for these two iconic characters.
        She has know idea how much truth lies within those words.
        Last edited by Blur 26; 10-20-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I can't believe no one mentioned this line yet...

Lois: So, let me get this straight. The guy who took you hostage was short and fat, but also...tall?

It was something like that. ED's delivery was so funny! loved it! ...maybe that's just me.

Comment

^ Haha, yeah that was great. I also liked when Clark acted all FBI on that guy.

Comment

"My thoughts exactly."
              Originally posted by kristintaps
              Ya, I loved that last line, because when she says that you think - ya he got it, without reading her mind. He's gettin' it!
              I agree! A great way to end that ep, dialogue wise.

----- Added 50 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Blur 26
              "Clark and Lois vs. the world"

What an excellent line, this is a glimpse of the future for these two iconic characters.
              She has know idea how much truth lies within those words.
              I know! There was actually A LOT of future foreshadowing in this ep.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
              ^ Haha, yeah that was great. I also liked when Clark acted all FBI on that guy.
              I liked that part too. The only issue I had was that the way it was filmed, so up close like that, it felt more like a PSA. But I suppose Superman's talks were kind of PSA's, soooo.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

The one line I actually DIDN'T like was when he fireblasted Toyman's android and said "No one wins a game if you both lose."
              Well, duh!
              Did I miss something here? Is there another way to interpret that line? Stalemate maybe? IDK. Seemed weird and obvious and not zingery like I kind of would have expected at that moment.
              Last edited by hellokitty; 10-21-2009, 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Okay, missed this during the first few viewings, but... these lines sound awfully familiar:

Lois: Look I know 'loose lips sink ships' but tight ones don't do a hell of a lot of good either. [pause] Listen 'Chatty Cathy'...

Now, where have I heard this before?

Comment

Originally posted by MannaBanana
                  Can anybody tell me what Lois said in this scene:

Is was towards the beginning when Clark knew he could read Lois's thoughts and they were in the DP and they were talking about a story, then Lois said something in her head and Clark was like "yea your probably right" responding to what she was thinking. What was it that she was thinking? It was hard to hear.

Hope that wasnt a confusing question, but I have listened to that part a bunch of times and I cant make it out.

Thanks

I actually didn't hear that one quite well neither so I had to replay it over & over but finally heard what she says she says & I quote:

"That only matters if Ollie's Sober enough to give a crap." & then Clark goes "yeah your probably right."

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                    The one line I actually DIDN'T like was when he fireblasted Toyman's android and said "No one wins a game if you both lose."
                    Well, duh!
                    Did I miss something here? Is there another way to interpret that line? Stalemate maybe? IDK. Seemed weird and obvious and not zingery like I kind of would have expected at that moment.
                    He's stating how he figured out Toyman was an android. He knew if the real Toyman were there, he would die in the blast along with Oliver and wouldn't have the chance to revel in his victory over Oliver ("no one would win the game").

Comment

I just wonder what did Lois mean with : "Hello, Sailor". Okay, ofcourse I know what Hello Sailor means. But did she have something sexual or something included in it. I was kind of confused:P

Comment

Lois: Clark! Did I miss him?
                        Clark: If by "him," you mean me, barely.
                        Lois: Not you -- The Blur.
                        Clark: He was long gone by the time I got here. I was just trying to call you.
                        Lois: From a payphone?
                        Clark: Apparently.
                        Lois: How did you get here so fast anyway? My guy at Met P.D. didn't leak this until a few minutes ago.
                        Clark: We all can't be as fashionably late as Lois Lane.

Lois: (thinking) "God, I am dragging ass today. I should go for coffee. No, actually, I should really get a B12 shot. I have to keep up with Clark. You know, you got to remember what the General always said -- on certain days, you wear certain underwear... And why today, of all days, why you decided to go with the th--"

Clark: Why would the bomb be on a timer?
                        Lois: I don't know. I'm not a mind reader. Why would you take hostages and not make any demands. (thinking) "No voicemails? No emails? Just be a big girl and get over the fact that the Blur downgraded you from confidant, to sidekick, to nobody."

Chloe: So the question is, how do we know that this isn't just your superhearing on the fritz?
                        Clark: As loud as Lois is, even she can't speak with her mouth closed.
                        Chloe: Good point.

Clark: Jor-El. Reading people's thoughts. You said my trials had begun. Is this one of them?
                        Jor-El: I've planted within you the seeds for this trial, designed to self-manifest when most needed. An event must have happened to trigger it, some kind of error or mistake in judgment.
                        Clark: I don't understand. I saved everyone in that factory.
                        Jor-El: Assumptions are flaws inherent in the human instincts you have adopted, but they are beneath you. What you have yet to nurture is your Kryptonian intuition.
                        Clark: You shouldn't underestimate humans.
                        Jor-El: Neither should you. Being able to discern why humans truly behave as they do will help you to better protect them. This ability is only temporary. You must learn to focus, Clark. Perception can be the difference between life and death.

Oliver: You know, Mercy, if you wanted more face time, all you had to do was ask.
                        Tess: This is me asking.

Toyman: Let the games begin.

Clark: Lois?
                        Lois I can handle this, Smallville. You've already done enough tonight.
                        Clark: What are you doing here?
                        Lois: (thinking) "Standing in the shadow of 6 1/2 foot of handsome. No, Lois, he doesn't get off that easy. Kick his ass!"

Lois: Clark, you can't get rid of me that easily. I have the Internet on my phone.

Lois: I know how the boys' club works. You wanted to scoot me on a story -- pros before hos.

Lois: (thinking) "How could you be so stupid, Lois? This was never about more than a story. Maybe it never will be." For your sake, there better be an open bar, because I think that Bone Dawg has my purse in his truck.

Lois: (thinking) "Oh, God, why would you let yourself get attached, Lois, you know better than that. They always leave."

Clark: How'd you know the pressure plate wasn't real?
                        Oliver: I didn't.
                        Clark: Oliver...
                        Oliver: I waited till the last person got out, Clark. I knew the explosion wouldn't kill you.

Tess: Leave Oliver... the hell alone. Pretty please?

Clark: I guess I'm not ready to fly solo just yet.
                        Lois: Sky's a big place. There. Looks like you've got one too many names on there.
                        Clark: I just thought you might wanna have some creative input. Lois, I am sorry for letting you down.
                        Lois: Is this an olive branch? 'Cause there better be a tree somewhere in here. And maybe a new pair of jeans too. You know, it's not every day that Lois Lane allows herself to be stood up.
                        Clark: Oh, then it's a good thing it was only like a date. I don't even know how someone would get a second date after messing things like that.
                        Lois: Well, if they were to try that again, they might wanna do it on a slower news day. Hypothetically speaking.
                        Clark: Those don't come along very often.
                        Lois: No.
                        Clark: I'm sure people would make sure they got it right the next time. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
                        Lois: My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Clark - "As loud as Lois is, even she can't speak with her mouth closed."

Clark - "Just because you've given up on Oliver Queen doesn't mean I have."

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎