Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Echo"

Talk about special effects of this episode here.

Not too many, but the best was obviously the explosion at the beginning with Clark taking the brunt of the blast with his chest. Awesome. I also loved them continuing to make it look like we are in a city with that shot of the helicopter flying by those buildings across the water. Also had the cool shot of it flying over Clark.

I'm not the biggest fan of Clark's superspeed this year. Maybe it's because he's in all black and it's harder for them to do the effect with that color. I'm not sure. I also didn't really like the heat vision near the end. I don't think they have ever had very good effects for the heat vision, but oh well.

So yeah, loved everything in the beginning of the episode, but after that... eh.

Comment

yea the explosion in the bringing was good, also the day time metropolis/helicopter scene. Then melting toyman robot.

Comment

Haven't seen the episode yet but since I AM a big fan of heat vision was there anyone else who thought it was awesome in this episode?

Comment

i thought it was pretty good, i like how more powerful/red-fire like it is compared to the clear heat waves it was when it first started in season 2.

Comment

I felt they did a very good job on this ep.

Comment

I really enjoy the first part before the opening credits the helicopter,saving hostages,burning the S and how clark hit the guy with bomb ...but It was hostage as well, did he ??

Comment

The effects are getting better and better each episode.

Comment

Clark and explosion plus heat vision burning off Toyman's face...Smallville is doing great on special effects

Comment

The bomb exploding while he held it was great. I'd really like to see Clark eat a bomb next.

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity
                      I'd really like to see Clark eat a bomb next.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                        Clark and explosion plus heat vision burning off Toyman's face...Smallville is doing great on special effects
                        I think so as well- I REALLY like the small things they are doing as well (superspeed to get the donut).

The slant for the temporary power was a good special effect as well. All in all I give the FX a 9 so far.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎