Television Ratings for "Echo"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be a pessimsit but with college football from NY/NJ/PA area and AlCS and the beloved Yankee are doing so well with the best record in all of baseball, playing tonite at 8 the same time as our beloved Smallville, I say 1.75 mil to 2.0 mil

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
      My prediction: 2.0 (or less)

Last week's ep I think will affect it a bit (the episode was good but the story wasn't complex enough IMO to really engage an audience, as we saw by the dip in ratings in the second half). As for last night, we had the game against it on one hand, and the actual episode against itself on the other hand. I wasn't a fan of Echo and I don't expect a great increase (if any) from the first to second half.

I hope I'm wrong about the ratings, since I love the show, but this is the rating I believe it will get.
      I'm not sure if I agree with "Rabid is not complicated enough" sentiment. I think it was pretty complicated given how they used Clark's blood as the antidote and how the Kandorians discovered about Clark's existence.

Comment

I think its gonna dip down a bit too. Below 2 mil.
        I just think a lot of people aren't around to watch it. And i don't think the premise of Echo appealed to a lot of folks as much as Rabid did.

Comment

I gotta agree that the opposing sports programming could bring the ratings down for Smallville for male viewers and the premiere of Ugly Betty could take some female viewers away. Most people in my area go to high school football games that night. It's a bad night for younger viewers. But I disagree that the content of the episode causes a drop. That's illogical since they haven't seen the episode yet.

Comment

If it dips below 2 mil, then we will have serious issues about where show is going to die out or not...

Comment

I think for any show on a Friday, it's the DVR numbers that will tell the story.

Because Friday is such a busy night (there was a playoff game in NY and LA last night, two big markets, plus people go out).

The jump that the show got from the DVR numbers in Savior was telling.

Comment

from twitter

MattMtvguy: Ratings peek: #Smallville (2.62 mil) was up, and versus stiffer competition (Ugly Betty and baseball)...?

i gotta say... WOW, didnt expect THAT!

Comment

2.62... is this number for real? I'm PLEASANTLY surprised! That's excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarevokcz
                    from twitter

MattMtvguy: Ratings peek: #Smallville (2.62 mil) was up, and versus stiffer competition (Ugly Betty and baseball)...?

Yeah!!! So awesome - I was so sure it was going to be really bad!!!
                    So happy now , I'm just a tiny bit sad that it wasn't that high on the epic episodes beforehand, not that I didn't enjoy Echo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarevokcz
                      from twitter

Well the colder it gets the more people stay inside. I actually think Ugly Betty much easier competition for Smallville then repeats of Flash Forward. next week when Supernanny is on that even better competition.

Originally posted by ooglebug
                      Yeah!!! So awesome - I was so sure it was going to be really bad!!!
                      So happy now , I'm just a tiny bit sad that it wasn't that high on the epic episodes beforehand, not that I didn't enjoy Echo.
                      Last season the ratings went down for epsiodes 2 and 3, then progressively built up to episode 8.
                      Last edited by Supsfan; 10-17-2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

That's fantastic. Especially since the baseball game was national and involved 2 big market teams.

Comment

Wow, 2.62M! That's really good!

Comment

2.62??!! That's even higher than the premiere, which had 2.50:O I'm so happy!

Comment

Originally posted by kelly1142
                              That's fantastic. Especially since the baseball game was national and involved 2 big market teams.
                              When I saw the game went to like 11:15 EST i was like oh poop(because the California Angels on the west coast)

Originally posted by Anu
                              2.62??!! That's even higher than the premiere, which had 2.50:O I'm so happy!
                              2.57M when the final rating came out

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                                Well the colder it gets the more people stay inside. I actually think Ugly Betty much easier competition for Smallville then repeats of Flash Forward. next week when Supernanny is on that even better competition.

Last season the ratings went down for epsiodes 2 and 3, then progressively built up to episode 8.
                                Hopefully they'll do the same season 9 - and season 8 really hit its stride from Instinct imo and season 9 has started awesomely already, so looks good !

This is such a relief - I really started to believe all the people saying Smallville's ratings were going to go way down and season 10 was never going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎